Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Wesley Hoolahan

Niche one but my favourite under the radar Wes moment was in a pre season friendly against Parma when he picked a long vertical pass out of the sky by Cruyff turning on it as it dropped from about 20 metres in the air to beat his man. The guy was unreal. Don't think he had the best guidance as a young lad, and developed late on once he received the right coaching, but his penchant for the mercurial at any moment is rivalled only by Buendia.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I haven’t seen a post generate so many outraged replies for a long time!

Only if you really have nothing much to do and haven’t read what I said . 
Now my family is getting drawn into it 😂

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Is that the defining moment for Wes for you then, or does the other 99% of his playing time here perhaps override this incident?

I hope you don't hold your family to the same ridiculous standard, otherwise you wouldn't have spoken to your parents since you fell out with them in 1987.

Looking forward to the game today Hank? I know I am . 

On 30/04/2021 at 07:47, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Always curious about the fans and Wes. If he got his way he would have followed Lambert to Villa. Scores against them and refuses to celebrate . 
And yet heralded as a NCFC hero . 
Funny old game . 

Because of context? He didn’t just play for NCFC for that short period and he wasn’t being played and was refused a move. Ok he may have been petulant but it just tarnished rather than ruined his NCFC legend status like you seem to suggest, hence the replies.

Edited by Monty13

33 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Looking forward to the game today Hank? I know I am . 

Absolutely, title win imminent. Expecting a big performance and Reading not to be up for it 👍

39 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Only if you really have nothing much to do and haven’t read what I said . 
Now my family is getting drawn into it 😂

Ah, it was clearly only a generic joke for a comparison... nothing actually against you or your family of course.

Just don’t think that this Wes incident even warrants a mention to be honest, in the grand scheme of things amongst his Norwich career. He is an NCFC hero for me, that single issue one time doesn’t tarnish it at all for me to be honest. 

On 30/04/2021 at 11:03, NWC said:

Ooooh - I wouldn't play Wes there!!!! CDM!!! - but seriously,  well done Wessi 🙂

Sarcevic to sit and Wes to push up into the hole presumably.....

Maybe he felt some loyalty to Lambert for making his career take off by finding his best position - taking him off the wing and putting him behind the strikers as a ‘trequartista’...

17 hours ago, FatCanary said:

Niche one but my favourite under the radar Wes moment was in a pre season friendly against Parma when he picked a long vertical pass out of the sky by Cruyff turning on it as it dropped from about 20 metres in the air to beat his man. The guy was unreal. Don't think he had the best guidance as a young lad, and developed late on once he received the right coaching, but his penchant for the mercurial at any moment is rivalled only by Buendia.

One of mine, too. I often think about that moment of skill. 

18 hours ago, FatCanary said:

If you're talking about a pre-season game where we won I think 3-2 - I remember not being familiar with all the new players in pre-season - when he made that play - I thought " who is that guy ! - we've got players that good in our team ?!"  Yes - imagine if Farke coached him.

Can anyone blame Hoolahan for getting upset ? - inferior players were picked ahead of him and yes we were relegated that season due to his non-selection.