Sign in to follow this  
HB1989

Your ideal line-up

What would be your ideal line-up for next season's first game?

Mine would be;

GK.  Krul

LB.  Giannoulis 

CB.  Ajer

CB.  Hanley

RB.  Aarons

CM.  Dasilva

CM.  Skipp

AML.  Danjuma

AM.  Cantwell

AMR.  Buendia

ST.  Pukki

1 hour ago, HB1989 said:

Mine would be;

GK.  Krul

LB.  Giannoulis 

CB.  Ajer

CB.  Hanley

RB.  Aarons

CM.  Dasilva

CM.  Skipp

AML.  Danjuma

AM.  Cantwell

AMR.  Buendia

ST.  Pukki

Would all our players stay ? Would Ajer choose us ahead of Newcastle ? 

But yeah good lineup

I think some quantifier could be useful. I would ideally like to see Buendia combine with Messia to feed Pukki throughballs, but not very realistic. 

No but, for me I have more faith in the players we already have. I wont be benching McLean and Gibson. Get some new fresh south American wunderkind or Balkan talented journeyman with something to prove in at no 10. and Im perfectly content with the team as it is. Only part of it that isnt very likely to happen is Skipp I guess. 

• Like 1

Mine

Ederson, TAA, Virgil, Laporte, Shaw, Gundogan, Mount, Pulisic, De Bruyne, Sterling, Kane

Subs would include Wes Hoolahan.

Shouldn't be too expensive 😂

Edited by Terminally Yellow

9 hours ago, HB1989 said:

Mine would be;

GK.  Krul

LB.  Giannoulis 

CB.  Ajer

CB.  Hanley

RB.  Aarons

CM.  Dasilva

CM.  Skipp

AML.  Danjuma

AM.  Cantwell

AMR.  Buendia

ST.  Pukki

I'm hoping that this means that you think that Gibson is still coming back to fitness, the guy has been immense and one of the reasons we have been so solid.

• Like 2

As long as the midfield is Roy Keane, Vinnie Jones, David Batty, Stig Tofting, and Thomas Gravesen we can have Buendia and Pukki up top.

Do we need a back three with that five? Oh, go on, let's put Jaap Stam and Nemanja Vidic alongside big Grant.

Actually, sorry Teemu, I'm having ol' Duncan Disorderly up top. Buendia can just feed him ball after ball after ball.

No-one's beating that team. They'd all be bricking it in the tunnel. 😉

• Haha 1

Seriously, I wouldn't make major changes. If we don't sell Aarons then I'd be happy with keeping the back five as it is, simply as continuity is so important for a solid defensive structure. If we don't get Skipp on loan for next season then I'd slot Sorensen into his position and consider going 4-3-2-1 instead of 4-2-3-1, but as far as possible, let's try to get the defence organised.

Obviously, if we get a pure tackle merchant sort of defensive midfielder (Tettey on steroids / ten or more years younger) then let them have a crack. Definitely want to see Sorensen get a fair crack of the whip though, as his performances in a brand new position hint at excellent game intelligence and also looks like the kind of defensive midfielder who can get an attack going.

I would love to see us push the boat out and beat West Ham to Hlozek to bolster that number 10 & striker position, but will we spend 20 million on an 18 year old?

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I would love to see us push the boat out and beat West Ham to Hlozek to bolster that number 10 & striker position, but will we spend 20 million on an 18 year old?

'will we spend 20 million on any one single player'

55 minutes ago, Indy said:

Sorry, I read that as "Hozelock" and thought that the price of garden hose had gone up somewhat.

I genuinely don't see anyone coming up with the money to make us sell any of our first XI so if they are all still here our back 5 will be unchanged. Same criteria will see Maclean, Buendia, Cantwell and Pukki also start.

That leaves 2 spaces - CDM and No 10. We will undoubtedly have a new CDM in the squad and we might have Skipp too, so one of those. Less sure we will have a new 10 so probably Dowell.

The bench might be more interesting, though will still include Placheta, Hernandez, Rupp plus a goalkeeper, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and a striker.

Anyone I haven't mentioned under 23 could be on loan. Anyone I haven't mentioned over 23 could have left.

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We playing Fifa 22?

22.png

Hourihane 🤮🤢

20 hours ago, HB1989 said:

Mine would be;

GK.  Krul

LB.  Giannoulis 

CB.  Ajer

CB.  Hanley

RB.  Aarons

CM.  Dasilva

CM.  Skipp

AML.  Danjuma

AM.  Cantwell

AMR.  Buendia

ST.  Pukki

No Gibson . Give your head a shake .

Sad to say it but I can't see Aarons or Buendia being here next season. They are both capable of playing at the very highest level. 

That may necessitate a change in style. There aren't many as good as Max and if the scouting team could find another Emi they should be given the freedom of Norwich. 

I'd like to see Lamina here who is currently on loan at Fulham from Southampton. Bigger and stronger than Skipp and he can play. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sad to say it but I can't see Aarons or Buendia being here next season. They are both capable of playing at the very highest level. 

That may necessitate a change in style. There aren't many as good as Max and if the scouting team could find another Emi they should be given the freedom of Norwich. 

I'd like to see Lamina here who is currently on loan at Fulham from Southampton. Bigger and stronger than Skipp and he can play. 

Hoping Emi stays at least for one more season in order to prove himself in the Prem for a second time. However regardless if we go down or stay up I have no doubt he won't be here season after next.

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hey if we can't beat him.. He might as well join us? 😂

Hourihane. Hahahaha.

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hoping Emi stays at least for one more season in order to prove himself in the Prem for a second time. However regardless if we go down or stay up I have no doubt he won't be here season after next.

If Emi does leave we could do back in for Dennis Man as Parma are facing relegation to serie b so should be affordable. 

Ben Alnwick

Jurgen Colin

Jens Berthel Askou

John Kennedy

Marco Stiepermann

Carl Robinson 

Sammy Clingan 

Alan Gow

David Mooney 

Anthony McNamee 

David Strihavka

19 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said: