Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Player of season

What normally happens when a player wins this award (they normally leave) hope this year it’s not going to happen. otbc

3 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

What normally happens when a player wins this award (they normally leave) hope this year it’s not going to happen. otbc

Well the last 2 are still here.

Will probably attract more clubs into signing him - nominated in the Championship POTS awards as well. I’m desperate to keep him for next season as well 

2 hours ago, Hucks6 said:

It’s happened 4 times since 2000 (Maddison, Johnson, Snodgrass and Croft) so it’s not that frequent. Not including Dublin as he retired rather than moving to a different club. In 2 of the 4 cases (Croft and Snodgrass) we were relegated at the end of the season in question and sold the player for a profit. We also did pretty well out of Maddison.

Edited by Imported Canary

4 minutes ago, Imported Canary said:

It’s happened 4 times since 2000 (Maddison, Johnson, Snodgrass and Croft) so it’s not that frequent. Not including Dublin as he retired rather than moving to a different club. In 2 of the 4 cases (Croft and Snodgrass) we were relegated at the end of the season in question and sold the player for a profit. We also did pretty well out of Maddison.

5, if it's since 2000, Andy Marshall in 2001 was another. Still not that frequent mind you.

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

How we made a profit on Crofts I’ll never know...

A very minor but important error... Lee Croft, Andrew Crofts.

Lee Croft we came to a mutual agreement with and let him go for free.

Andrew Crofts we sold, if rumours are to be believed, for £50k more than we signed him for. In the world of football thats a couple of weeks wages. Not exactly a huge profit and to be fair, he had increased his value in his time with us.

Either way, Lee Croft got a player of the season award, Andre Crofts did not. Important distinction.

One thing's for sure, we've come a long way since Lee Croft was our best player..

Edited by kirku
  • Like 2

I thought Sammy Clingan won and left too?

Edit - looks like he must have come second or something... I was sure he won it once!

Edited by Gibbo
Incorrect