Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

POTS Awards

Very surprised by this, I wonder how they managed to discount all the spurs votes!

I wasn't expecting it to not be the case, but glad Skipp is in the top 3, he absolutely deserves it and would arguably have been fit to lift the trophy in other seasons had it not been for the incredible, consistent performances of others across our team this season

Disappointed he didn't get it. I've never seen a Norwich player so consistently good. Vast amount of the improved 'defence' is down to him. Imperative that we land a suitable replacement as he is very unlikely to come back here as the new Spurs manager will want to look at all his squad in preseason friendlies etc. If he does become surplus again it is likely to only be sometime in mid / late August (depending when the season starts) and that would be too late for us.     

Thought Hanley and Skipp would be the other way round. Was even wondering if Skipp would win it by loads of Spurs fans going on the website and voting for him. Surely Buendia first?

41 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Surely Pukki would be in the top 2?!?

Keep trying! For me top 3 was pretty obvious but not the order, Emi surely to win now.  
Maybe a tad harsh on Teemu, but this is one year where there could have been any one of 7 winners - Krul, Max and Todd barely mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Keep trying! For me top 3 was pretty obvious but not the order, Emi surely to win now.  
Maybe a tad harsh on Teemu, but this is one year where there could have been any one of 7 winners - Krul, Max and Todd barely mentioned.

I think Teemu failing to beat his previous Champs season discounted him from POTS this season. There's been so many standout performers this year that it was always going to be tight.

42 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Yeah I'm guessing Emi is number 1

It's worth noting that this is the second time out of his four seasons with us that he has been runner up in our POTS awards. The other two seasons he was mostly injured.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Large

Gonna miss him so much 😢

He'll give us next season to see what we do and how we do. Believe me 

Crazy to think Pukki and Krul aren't even in the top 3, such a good season both have had. Could probably also add Gibson and Aarons to that as well. What a season from the lads and well done Emi!

Congrats Emi!! Well deserved.

Just realised why they have announced this today, social media blackout coming up for the weekend.

Just now, Satriales said:

Congrats Emi!! Well deserved.

Just realised why they have announced this today, social media blackout coming up for the weekend.

Also the league awards tonight as well isn't it? Guess it just made sense

I will always be a canary for life. I don’t know what will happen in the future but I will always support this amazing club and I enjoy every minute playing for this shirt.

Good old boy!! 

Solid top 3. I'd have possibly picked Gibson over Hanley but it's good to see the fans giving the defensive part of the team some love.