Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Cambridge promotion could help us..

Whilst we all look ahead to next season and try to get our head around who will stay and who will go, a large question will be what happens to many of our talented youth players. With our Martin connection and geographical proximity MK Dons has been almost our main ‘go to’ for some of our loans. But now with Cambridge looking likely to step up to league 1 level, I wonder if that will be an attractive destination for players like Soto etc? League 1 football, so not too bad a level, close to Norwich so easy to keep them involved back here for sessions in the week/keeping an eye on their progress and the added bonus of hopefully working with a certain creative midfielder and city legend on the pitch. I’m really curious to see if we do send a few of our lads there!

We've got ourselves quite a decent little reputation when it comes to loans, it seems.

"Bigger" clubs know we have a good track record of improving young players and I think if we have an interest in a player we present a pretty attractive prospect for that player and their parent club.

And our youngsters have a good reputation as being excellent prospects. I suspect if a club from L1 or even the Champ identifies a position they want to seek a loan in, ours is one of the first clubs they might come have a look at and see what we've got.

It's great to see so many East Anglian sides doing well. Kings Lynn, Cambridge, Peterborough, MK Dons under Russ; all are good places to consider sending loans. But I wouldn't necessarily be sending them there over another side, just because they're close. Send them to the place that will do the best for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Great to see Cambridge on the rise... We really will have a Anglia Super Liga soon.. 

Will also mean there’ll be the East Anglian derby in League One next season...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Great to see Cambridge on the rise... We really will have a Anglia Super Liga soon.. 

ASL instead of the mega rich ESL they tried to create without asking Leeds 🧐🤣

If anyone's been lucky enough to listen to the All in Yellow Todd Cantwell podcast and general noise coming out of the club regarding loans, Norwich would rather send out certain players to other leagues like the Dutch league for example. 

Though I know Soto was in the Dutch second tier, but the EFL L1 is a bit of a cloggers league so I'm not sure it'd suit him. I guess it depends on the prospect and what the club thinks of their immediate development, for me Famewo is a prime example, probably not going to get into the first team here but could well generate revenue in player sales in the near future. 

2 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Yet another Cambridge led topic. 

I thought people were moaning about that. 

Never  , not me, Go Cambridgeo!!!

They've got it back to 3-2 after 30 mins having been 3-0 down...Make that 4-2 down.

Edited by Canary73

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's 4-4 with 10 to play!

5-4 Harrogate with five to play. Seems an interesting game...

EDIT: Kevin Lokko with the goal, so along with Luke Hannant, that's two goalscorers in the match who spent a few years of their youth careers with us.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

18 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

5-4 Harrogate with five to play. Seems an interesting game...

EDIT: Kevin Lokko with the goal, so along with Luke Hannant, that's two goalscorers in the match who spent a few years of their youth careers with us.

Hondermarck was on loan from us as well, he's out of contract in the summer so I'm guessing he's leaving Norwich

Wesley Hoolahan ripping it up at Wetherby Road! Never thought I'd see the day! Been going to Harrogate games since they were in the unibond division 1 and it was only me, my dad and the dog in attendance.

Shame their promotion is delayed but hopefully they sort it out next weekend.

Harrogate play good football, Weaver has been crafting that side for a few seasons now, there's a few parallels to our story under Farke there.

Hondermarck doesn't seem to have had many games at Harrogate....anyone know why?

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Hondermarck doesn't seem to have had many games at Harrogate....anyone know why?

I think he might have picked up a knock and Simon Power broke through in the same position until his recent injury. He played right mid today in a rotated team. Hope Town look at signing him permenantly in summer, looks a solid signing for that level.