Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Social media boycott views?

Didn't they say as people had invested 4 hours into a 5 hour series (obviously excluding ads) they would want to see the concluding part. 

Daft as you say KGD its either broken the conduct of conduct or not. 

@nutty nigel Really sorry to read the personal comments on this thread, Nutty. Even though I don't follow the PUPS thread, I really admire the work you do and when you post pics of those kids playing football, the look of joy on their faces tells us all we need to know. Big respect to you, sir. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This forum is not social media. 

Social media is Facebook, twitter, Instagram, stuff that uses mostly apps for instant messaging and interactions.

That people think it is shows the dads army are on here. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I wonder what sort of (if any) message the SM platforms will put out on Tuesday in response to this? 

They say they are doing their best. Is anyone technical enough to know whether they can permanently block someone? If not, the publicity alone will be enough to encourage the idiots doing it and it will continue.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

They say they are doing their best. Is anyone technical enough to know whether they can permanently block someone? If not, the publicity alone will be enough to encourage the idiots doing it and it will continue.

Saying they are 'doing their best' sounds like they haven't got control of their own ship. We already know that (yes, I appreciate the influence £s and $s have) but that is not an acceptable answer and will only get worse and could lead to some major social problems

36 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Meant to say @keelansgrandad, I'm off to watch some live rugby this afternoon, from an alcohol fuelled beer garden👍

Must be good to get back to it. A pint in your hand watching a live match. Camborne have a friendly midweek. But with no scrums or mauls, the forward battle might be something less than exciting. Not sure if Penryn will have any alcohol on sale.

45 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm sure they could if they tried hard enough.

Its hard to stop people without the need for personal details, just setting up another account, with a new/ fake email address / untraceable ip via a VPN. 

It requires a registration process, where you provide a unique identifer (passport number,  NI number,  driving licence number) type thing.

Edited by Greavsy

3 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Saying they are 'doing their best' sounds like they haven't got control of their own ship. We already know that (yes, I appreciate the influence £s and $s have) but that is not an acceptable answer and will only get worse and could lead to some major social problems

Come on Walsh

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I'm sure they could if they tried hard enough.

Its hard to stop people without the need for personal details, just setting up another account, with a new/ fake email address / untraceable ip via a VPN. 

It requires a registration process, where you provide a unique identifer (passport number,  NI number,  driving licence number) type thing.

Wouldn't trust any site with passport/NI/driving licence details.

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wouldn't trust any site with passport/NI/driving licence details.

Agreed, plus the people who view that as a breach of their civil liberties. 

The sooner everyone in the UK has a microchip under their skin which links to any device they are using,  the sooner  stuff like online abuse  will be traceable .  Would be very handy for tracking  miscreants of all sorts.   Could make it a condition of NHS  access, social security,  voting etc etc.  What could possibly go  wrong?😇👍😉

28 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

The sooner everyone in the UK has a microchip under their skin which links to any device they are using,  the sooner  stuff like online abuse  will be traceable .  Would be very handy for tracking  miscreants of all sorts.   Could make it a condition of NHS  access, social security,  voting etc etc.  What could possibly go  wrong?😇👍😉

I am all for an identity card. And its unique number be a password.

But of course scammers and hackers are always one step ahead.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

I am all for an identity card. And its unique number be a password.

But of course scammers and hackers are always one step ahead.

Yep I wholly concur.....The unscrupulous just see it as a challenge & will always find a way.....

59 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

That’d be dead handy when I’ve had a skinful and can’t remember where I live.

Perhaps a vet could do it for me ?

I’m pleased I’m posting this before I’ve started the imminent celebratory beer, because my response would be somewhat stronger.

But all I can say is that it’s very evident that Greavsy has never actually met Eddie ( @nutty nigel ).

The phrase ’salt of the earth’ springs to mind. A pleasure to be able to call you part of my ‘Norwich family’, buddy 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You are the company you keep pet..

Paranoid much.....me ducks.....geography not your strong point or your portly offspring's either..... 

Just now, nutty nigel said:

That makes three.

You are the crowd you keep pet...

Damn Yeah....you've sussed me....