Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Jordan Rhodes- He loves Ipswich!

If this happens he will move from hero to villian overnight with City fans after his gushing praise and love for our club while he was here on loan.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

His days of earning that sort of money are behind him but surely he could do a lot better than that.

Indeed- Rhodes is the textbook Championship player, highly doubt he would just decide to go a divison lower and stagnate at a club that's going nowhere.

Rhodes is a championship striker all day long . He would be crazy to drop to Div3 . The next contract will be significant for him. He has to play as high as he can. 
Could even do a job for us ? 

5 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Could even do a job for us ? 

Whilst none of us would want him to drop down to Ipswich we aren't a charity.

As it says right there in the make believe made up story ... so TWTD think he'd rather move 120 miles and drop down a division to re-join Ipswich than drive 30 miles and stay in the Championship with Huddersfield?  Slightly deluded eh?

According to Football League World, the Terriers lead the chase for the the 31-year-old but with the Blues set to offer Rhodes the chance to return to Portman Road.

13 minutes ago, Surfer said:

As it says right there in the make believe made up story ... so TWTD think he'd rather move 120 miles and drop down a division to re-join Ipswich than drive 30 miles and stay in the Championship with Huddersfield?  Slightly deluded eh?

According to Football League World, the Terriers lead the chase for the the 31-year-old but with the Blues set to offer Rhodes the chance to return to Portman Road.

Set to offer ?😂

I’m “set to offer” Beyoncé a candle lit meal for two at the Queen of Iceni  . 

• Haha 10

30 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Huddersfield have got more stars on their shirt than the Binners have on theirs.........

11 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Huddersfield have got more stars on their shirt than the Binners have on theirs.........

ct.png

The mighty powerhouse of Bury almost caught them too.. RIP indeed.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If this happens he will move from hero to villian overnight with City fans after his gushing praise and love for our club while he was here on loan.

I personally wouldn't give a ****. He's a jobbing 31 year old striker looking for a new club and he was only here for a season. He doesn't owe us anything.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, king canary said:

I personally wouldn't give a ****. He's a jobbing 31 year old striker looking for a new club and he was only here for a season. He doesn't owe us anything.

Exactly this.

He's already had a stint there, was popular in the season with us, but I wouldn't begrudge him moving to a much smaller club

Edited by kirku

With FFP rules it would be difficult to believe that 1p5wich could satisfy his wage demands. 

It's actually a bit of a problem for their new owners - even with a few quid to spend, translating that into a squad of promotion certainties will not be straightforward. And given that Cook is replacing most of the squad this summer, integrating a dozen new players is going to take a bit of time. 

With Wycombe, Sheff Weds, Charlton, Pompey, and probably Rotherham in that league next year, getting out of League One will still be a big ask for the binmen. 

20 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Set to offer ?😂

I’m “set to offer” Beyoncé a candle lit meal for two at the Queen of Iceni  . 

Has she accepted? 🍷

I think it could definitely happen but won't because although they can probably afford his wages now it would set an unprecedented and unreachable salary benchmark and probably cause serious discontent in as far as paying other new signings and remaining players anywhere near what he's on goes.

22 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

His days of earning that sort of money are behind him but surely he could do a lot better than that.

I could see the attraction of going to a league where i'd still be one of the top strikers and banging in 20-25 a season, at 31 and having already made all the money I need if I were a striker.

But I would choose a club like Aberdeen or Hibs in the SPL over League One for the final vanity flurry and to bump up the career stats, at least then you get the chance of reaching a Betfred cup final or something and get to play a couple of big clubs. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

The state Celtic are in, I can see him going there,  unless there is some political/ religious reason for him not to. He is a Jock isn't he.