Garlic Bread?!

Team to play Hull

I think this team should beat hull:

Green

Flem/Rossi J/Hughes   Doc   Shax   Drury

Johannson   Safri   Rehman    Hux/WLY

Earnie   Thorne

Subs Gallacher, Robbo, Mckenzie, Hux/WLY, Hughes/Rossi J

I think we could be fielding one of our strongest teams this season, now that we have most players available for once. What is the smallest number of payers we have had unavailable for any one match this season? I don''t remember a time when it was less than 5 or 6. Even the bench looks quite strong - not quite yet Chelski standards, but getting better.

Unavailable: Ward, MLJ, Charlton

Green

Fleming   Doc   Rehman   Drury

JJ   Robinson   Safri   Hucks/Mcveigh  

Earnshaw   Thorne

Subs: Gallagher, Mcveigh/Hucks, Etuhu, Leon, Shackell

Never to be seen again if everyone stays fit: Jarrett, Colin, Henderson, Hughes Smile [:)]

Assumes Fleming is passed fit, and Robinson and Safri have enough match fitness

No, no, no - don''t start messing with Rehman already!

Green

Fleming(if fit)     Doc      Rehman      Drury

Johansson         Safri      Robinson     WLY

Earnie        Thorne

Subs: Gallagher, Hux, Shacks, Etuhu, Hendo

p.s. the subs bit was a difficult one, and I''m still not sure I got it right! 

With a view to next season I would go with:

Green

Hughes       Doc      Rehman      Drury

Johannson   Safri      Robbo        Hux

Earnie    Thorne

Subs Gallacher, Shax, Mckenzie, WLY,  Etuhu

Fleming looks unlucky here but we need to build for next season

with all his energy hughes looks like he could be useful at right back??  and has apparantly done well their before at Reading.

With Rehman and JJ2 starting only if we have some chance of signing them in the summer - otherwise Shax in for Rehman

Personally I think our squad make up leans towards a 4-2-3-1 (again!) or is it nearer a 6-0-4.  It means no width but then anyone we put there will be rubbish at it anyway!  I have made the assumption that we have not learnt passing skills and our preference for a long ball remains which is why its pointless having Earnie so I am praying for a Hux return to form.

Green

Colin  Doc   Rehman   Drury

Safri  Robinson

JJ2       WLY       Hux

Thorne                                 

Subs;   Ward  Shacks, Rossi J, Hughes, Earnie

[quote user="TwoSheds"]Does it really matter anymore![/quote]

What?

i am not gonna say havent been disgruntled this season, and annoyed, but saying does it matter?

yes it matters, next week you will probably say someone is poor, or something.

people wanna discuss the team, as have every other week, now because no chance of promotion you arent interested?

The simple fact is that whatever side Worthington puts out will probably be the strongest side we have had all season.  Players like Leon and Saf are back and the only real injuries are MLJ and Ryan Jarvis (who wouldn''t get a game anyway).  The "88 injuies" excuse will be a pretty thin arguement if we get turned over by Hull

That''s the attitude twosheds!! [:@]

I like Paul''s line up. I might be tempted to start McVeigh rather than

Hux though, McVeigh tracks back better and it is an away game after all.

Green

Hughes   Rehman   Shackell   Drury

Johannson     Safri     McVeigh    

Thorne              

Huckerby  Earnshaw

This is an extremely attacking line up - but since the midfield is always bypassed and crap in the tackle this team has pace to run onto those long balls and pace in terms of hucks and earnshaw. Hughes and Drury as attacking full backs

I have never discussed the team sheet for a game.I never will.You can look through my posts & try prove me wrong if you like.

The reason i said,does it really matter anymore is for one reason & one reason only.We are not the manager,we have no choice,we have to make do with whatever team he picks & watch in disbelief at the tactics & substitutions he makes. Although some posters teams/positions may make a lot of sense & look good on paper!

[quote user="TwoSheds"]Does it really matter anymore![/quote]

No it probably doesn''t, but anyway, my team would be:

Green

Rehman         Doc         Shax         Drury

Hughes            Safri            Robinson

WLY/Leon            Earnie         Hux

Subs: Ward/Gallagher, Colin, Rossi, Thorne, WLY/Leon

Lets play how we played when we won the league hey! For me Fleming is now more suitable to a Gunny role, he can no longer perform on the pitch and when he plays it is a lottery as to how many goals he will be responsible for. Colin on the bench will be adequate due to Rehman''s versatility. Also, I would place Etuhu under house arrest so as he isn''t even considered for a place. He has potential, but he will never work under Worthy.

I think our midfield almost on paper comes up against our midfield from the championship winning season, however we do lack a goal scorer. Hughes'' energy however and Safri''s competence should provide us with a decent core, although I am looking at this Football Manager style. We all know that it is a terrible midfield.

We have many attacking options now, so a 3 pronged attack seems the logical option.

Green

Rossi    Rehman    Shackell     Drury

JJ         Safri          Robinson   WLY

Earnie    Hucks

personnaly i think it should be:

Green

Rehman Shacks Doc Drury

Johanson Robbo Saf  McV

Thorne Earnie

Subs:Gallacher Flem Etuhu Hucks McKenzie

I dont wish to be picky, but i notice several people have put Rossi Jarvis in as a possible right back. Im all in favour of playing the youngsters but Rossi is no right back. He is a central midfielder. If a youngster is played at right back, play Cave Brown as he is a right back by position. Rossi for me, whilst doing ok, struggled against West Ham in that position and i am just worried that Worthington will carry on playing young players out of position, a''la Henderson.

Green

Hughes   Doherty     Rehman      Drury

Johansen   Robinson      Safri     huckerby

Earnshaw   Thorne

Subs

Gallagher, shackall, etuhu, mcveigh and Mckenzie   

Come on lets go for it, we might as well try earny and thorne together because of their past record. We have no good wingers so lets play hucks, who has done allright thir in the past and johansen on the wings to add some more pace. Mcveigh cant play on the wing any more it seems and has had a drop in form. Play hughes right back to save us from his dreadful passing in midfield and the awful Colin. I would be tempted to play shackall and move rehman to right back ahead of hughes, but he did well last week so should stay centre back.  I have prefered robinson to ethuhu just because he is a better passer and so we might play better football.

4-4-2 for me.

Green

Hughes       Doc     Rehman   Drury

Johannson   Safri   Robbo     Hux/WLY

Earnie   Thorne

thought rehman/doc looked too good to split up. if  flem unavilable, try hughes at right back.  safs/robbo are our best midfield combo.  if earnie still off the pace,  i''d replace hin 2nd half.  put johnasson alongside thorne and play wly on the right and hucks on the left.

Green

Fleming,       Doherty          Rehman     Drury

Johansson        Safri           Robinson    Hucks

Thorne           Earnshaw

Subs- Gallagher, Shackell, Hughes, McVeigh, Mckenzie(if fit)/Hendo

if shackell was match fit i''d play him alongside doherty and shift rehman to right back