Sign in to follow this  
Dexx

Thoughts

Any other board would have proberly sacked worthy by now so why havent we is because we have a women in charge and she''s just to soft to do the right thing ...?

Ohh, MCP alert!!

Dexx, the fact that Delia is a women might have some bearing on it, but only some.  She has, however, surrounded herself with men, including her husband, so are we to assume then she never takes advice from any of them?  Are  women generally more loyal or disloyal than men?  No, it depends on the issues or circumstances.  Delia is just that sort of person, she obviously feels a great deal of gratitude to Nigel Worthington for his achievements and doesn''t want to let go of that, nor the feel good factor built up by the club over the past few years. 

However, sometimes things go wrong in every relationship, working or personal and tough decisions have to be made.  Her first loyalty is to the club, not one person, when she feels the club is going to suffer in the longterm as a result of holding onto her own personal loyalties she will make that decision.  We might think her too loyal, but she will have her own reasons for that.  I personally think she is wrong at the moment, but trust she will make that decision about Worthington''s future eventually. 

You can also take issue with the claim that Delia is in charge - although between them, Delia and Michael are majority shareholders, it is my understanding that a majority decision from the entire Board would be needed before the manager could be sacked, so Delia''s opinion is only a small part of the larger picture.

I don''t think that it''s a ''woman'' thing, Dexx. As Gazza imtimated, women are just as good at being decisive and confrontational - Delia didn''t make her millions by being a shrinking ''little woman''!

Her friendship with Worthington appears, from the outside, to be the root of her stance on this. I think I read elsewhere that she and Mrs W are good friends, so this can''t help either. However, I think that the hard-nosed businesswoman in her will come to the fore eventually and she''ll agree that it''s time for him to go, albeit reluctantly on her part.   

I think that a bit unfair to blame Delia cause she''s a woman. Who brought Hucks? It came out the boards pockets, a lot from Delia! But there is the point of Delia and Mrs Worthington being good friends. Shouldn''t mix business with pleasure!

[quote user="Dexx"]Any other board would have proberly sacked worthy by now so why havent we is because we have a women in charge and she''s just to soft to do the right thing ...?[/quote]

A very thoughtful and perceptive assessment, Dexx. Proberly.

Dont get me wrong i think delia is the best thing that could have happend to this club what im trying to say because of her strong friendship with worhty she proberly find it harder as a women to do the right thing swing that axe...

Old Boy - what a cheap shot, to criticize a person''s ability to spell. I would have thought that someone with as much ''intelligence'' as you might be above that. Evidently, I was wrong.   

If Worthy & Delia are such good friends why doesn`t Nigel resign and save Delia the difficult decision of having to sack a friend. He must realise he has taken this club as far as he can - Nowhere !

A new start is required starting with the return of Adrian Boothroyd who seems to be everything Worthy and his coaches are not.

Act now before it is too late !!!!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Old Boy - what a cheap shot, to criticize a person''s ability to spell. I would have thought that someone with as much ''intelligence'' as you might be above that. Evidently, I was wrong.   [/quote]

Yup

[quote user="Glen"]

A new start is required starting with the return of Adrian Boothroyd who seems to be everything Worthy and his coaches are not.

[/quote]

Except a manager who has a realistic chance of taking his team to the Premiership after his first year in charge is not going let the opportunity to manage at the highest level slip from his grasp.