Sign in to follow this  
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Championship POTS shortlist announced

http://www.skysports.com/share/12287784

Buendia, Pukki and Toney.

Even though Pukki is unlikely to make the top three in our POTS vote, he's made the final three of the divisional award.

Also, Max Aarons has been nominated for the young player award, alongside Michael Olise and Harvey Elliott.

I’ve told you all before. Pukki,  Emi and Max are absolute rubbish. They are overrated . Big attitude problems . Don’t train well. 

I know a lot of Prem scouts and managers look at this forum. So personally I wouldn’t bother signing any of them. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’ve told you all before. Pukki,  Emi and Max are absolute rubbish. They are overrated . Big attitude problems . Don’t train well. 

I know a lot of Prem scouts and managers look at this forum. So personally I wouldn’t bother signing any of them. 👍

Jeez, imagine how good they'd be if they did train. Come on Farke, do your job 😁

• Haha 1

Buendia has been the best player in the league comfortably. And has the stats to back it up.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Quite high if you're a conspiracy theorist.

Personally, I think it would be a travesty if Buendia didn't win, young player wise I haven't seen enough of the other 2 to pass judgement and you can make the case for Ismael but it would be gutting to see Farke miss out again! 

6 minutes ago, The Walking Man said:

Personally, I think it would be a travesty if Buendia didn't win, young player wise I haven't seen enough of the other 2 to pass judgement and you can make the case for Ismael but it would be gutting to see Farke miss out again! 

That's pretty much how I see it.

Buendia has been comfortably the best player in the division by a distance, I haven't seen enough of Olise and Elliott to really pass comment (besides, Max has already won it once) and the only coach who could make a case other than Farke is Ismael, and he'd definitely deserve it if Barnsley go up.

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That's pretty much how I see it.

Buendia has been comfortably the best player in the division by a distance, I haven't seen enough of Olise and Elliott to really pass comment (besides, Max has already won it once) and the only coach who could make a case other than Farke is Ismael, and he'd definitely deserve it if Barnsley go up.

Reckon Ismael wins the manager, I kind of get that. To have that team on that budget to where they are is incredible.

Personally I just have this feeling Toney wins it, we all know Buendia is the best player in this league but have a feeling on things like this its just lazy and people look at the top scorer and give it to them.

Just now, Move Klose said:

we all know Buendia is the best player in this league but have a feeling on things like this its just lazy and people look at the top scorer and give it to them.

Which probably explains Pukki's nomination, to be honest. He has had a great season, but if any of our players deserves a nomination alongside Buendia, it's Skipp. I'd also put Aarons and Hanley ahead of Pukki.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Which probably explains Pukki's nomination, to be honest. He has had a great season, but if any of our players deserves a nomination alongside Buendia, it's Skipp. I'd also put Aarons and Hanley ahead of Pukki.

Hanley is currently of the Golf course at Weston (Royal Norwich) in case anyone is interested 🏌️

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

39 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Buendia has been the best player in the league comfortably. And has the stats to back it up.

To be fair, Toney's stats are also extremely impressive when you consider the number of assists he's made alongside being the division's top scorer. That's as impressive for a number 9 as the amount of goals Emi has scored from midfield. In terms of pure talent, technique and all-round brilliance, though, I think Emi has that X factor on his side.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

To be fair, Toney's stats are also extremely impressive when you consider the number of assists he's made alongside being the division's top scorer. That's as impressive for a number 9 as the amount of goals Emi has scored from midfield. In terms of pure talent, technique and all-round brilliance, though, I think Emi has that X factor on his side.

Emi is also miles ahead in chances created, tackles, interceptions, dribbles etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Emi is also miles ahead in chances created, tackles, interceptions, dribbles etc.

Well yeah, but try getting anywhere near the top of those lists as a number 9, it just wouldn't happen. This is his first season at Championship level, whereas Emi's already done it at PL level. I think Toney has been extremely impressive this season, and certainly think he's close to Emi. A close runner-up, but still close 🙂

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Well yeah, but try getting anywhere near the top of those lists as a number 9, it just wouldn't happen. This is his first season at Championship level, whereas Emi's already done it at PL level. I think Toney has been extremely impressive this season, and certainly think he's close to Emi. A close runner-up, but still close 🙂

Well quite but try getting anywhere near the top goalscorer in this division as a midfielder or winger. 

I think POTS has Emi a country mile ahead of anyone else for me personally (purely a coincidence that I'm a Norwich fan or least thats what im telling myself) with Toney second. I dont think Pukki is a realistic winner this season yet hes only 4 goals away from Toney having played less minutes slightly too.

It is pretty ridiculous that they’ve included Teemu who, great player that he is, feels unlikely to even make it into the top three in our own PoTS vote.  Seems the people doing the selection only care about goal scoring, which is pretty stupid.

Emi should win, but I imagine it’ll be Toney.

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is pretty ridiculous that they’ve included Teemu who, great player that he is, feels unlikely to even make it into the top three in our own PoTS vote.  

Surely Pukki will be in our top 3?

Our top 3 should be Buendia, Pukki and one other.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, GJP said:

Surely Pukki will be in our top 3?

Our top 3 should be Buendia, Pukki and one other.

Really?  Emi, Grant and Skipp were the ones that got by far the most mentions in the recent POTS thread.  I’d be astounded if that wasn’t the top 3, and in all honesty something is sorely amiss if it isn’t.

Edited by Branston Pickle

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Really?  Emi, Grant and Skipp were the ones that got by far the most mentions in the recent POTS thread.  I’d be astounded if that wasn’t the top 3, and in all honesty something is sorely amiss if it isn’t.

I definitely agree with this, but it's nuts that Krul, Aarons and Pukki aren't even considered for the top three. Just makes you realise how fantastic those top three have been, that three such vital and consistent players don't get a look-in.

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

To be fair it is fantastic that we have such a number of quality candidates this year that it is perfectly possible that a 25 goals a season striker might not even make the top three!

For me it would be Emi, Pukki and Skipp in that order but no doubt cases to be made for many others (Grant, Tim and Max in particular)

Emi should win comfortably but second and third aren't so clear cut IMO. 

36 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

25 goals, the work rate (attacking and defending) and the sheer brilliance of his movement... I can't see how people can put more than Buendia ahead of Pukki.

It's Buendia and Pukki who sh*t the opposition up.

The opposition don't look at us and hope Hanley or Skipp aren't playing, they're hoping they haven't got to face Buendia or Pukki.

Hanley, Skipp and others have had great seasons but it's Buendia and Pukki who truly make the difference.

Edited by GJP

The Sun Championship "expert" has given Toney Player of the Season and the Barnsley manager gets the Manager of the Year Award

It should absolutely be Farke for Manager, Buendia for player and Max for young player. But as we've seen with the monthly awards, not always as straightforward as you think as they seem to like picking people who have outperformed and not necessarily those who are consistent. 

Farke has turned around a squad that looked far from favourites to be promoted, and definitely not winning the title which I certainly hope we do. Barnsley have outperformed their expectations even greater, so can understand why it is probably likely their manager will win it but Farke absolutely deserves it. He's said before, he won't expect it though as they don't seem to like giving him awards!

Buendia is the best player in the division by a country mile. But again, as above, I can see why Toney will probably win it though having exceeded any expectations upon him, 29 goals and 10 assists in 42 games is incredible statistics in his first ever championship season, that's 39 goal involvements in 42 games. How I wish we'd managed to pick him up now, given how little Brentford paid for the lad! Buendia by comparison has 31 goal involvements in 37 games (17 assists, 14 goals). Pukki has 29 in 40 games (25 goals, 4 assists)

I think Max should win young player though, but he faces a battle paired against two attacking players who will get more attention because of their goalscoring. He still has 2 goals and 4 assists this season though, a steady return for a fullback. I hope what edges it for him is he absolute consistency. 

Also, to add, nice to see Wes on the League 1 list!