Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

How much are we spending this summer

If all main assets stay could it be around £20/30m? If the unimaginable happened and Buendia left would all the fee be added to the pot? 

An Interesting summer ahead with exits and signings, hopefully much better than 19/20 to help the club stay up.  

6 minutes ago, Satriales said:

How much money do we actually get for promotion, anyone know the figure?

Nothing, really. Same as you would get for finishing 14th, so around £8 or £9m I'm pretty sure

10 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Lots of pennies coming in over the next 12 months. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Already spent 16 million on Dimi and Gibson.

Quite true but sold Godfrey and Lewis for £40m to balance that out and Covid losses. 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So how much will we potentially have to spend? If we knew that we could maybe take a guess.

Well, we won't spent more than 20 million on one player, I can bet you that much

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, we won't spent more than 20 million on one player, I can bet you that much

Well I don't mind a bet (if it's for charity) but it would depend how much we have to spend wouldn't it? I honestly don't know. You get all sorts of figures bandied about on here. How much do you think?

7 minutes ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

The question is basically how long is a piece of string. 

Its not even just about transfer fees. 

Pointless discussion. 

I think we can hazard a guess how long the string is as things stand. 

Well according to the guys who the pinkun Q&A they were talking around the £30m mark, and players in the £7/8m range. But obviously be much more to spend if a player gets sold on.

No training ground, youth, or lots of new contracts to be handed out this time.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If all main assets stay could it be around £20/30m? If the unimaginable happened and Buendia left would all the fee be added to the pot? 

An Interesting summer ahead with exits and signings, hopefully much better than 19/20 to help the club stay up.  

We're not far off the £20m spend already with Gibson and Dimi combined, 15-17m roughly? That outlay will be from this summer, it wasn't something we paid for the last summer.

Almost impossible to judge at the moment, I think this summer will be the first transfer window where we really see what Covid has done to club finances.  I wouldn't be shocked to see a huge retraction in spend across the board, where forking out £10m on a player is the equivalent of £15-20m two seasons ago.

Farke certainly gave the impression that we would be spending a bit more this season. I understand that isn't difficult to beat last season in the PL, but you get the feeling that Webber will want to get it right, as this is his last season at the club. 

It really sounds like we're selling Max Aarons. The number of clubs interested - along with reporters (Ma****er, bailey etc) confirming the club's willingness to sell - suggests that it will happen.

I would expect a couple of Webbers usual 'loan-to-buy' deals if all goes well and we stay up, as well as a few signing permanently. 

28 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We're not far off the £20m spend already with Gibson and Dimi combined, 15-17m roughly? That outlay will be from this summer, it wasn't something we paid for the last summer.

Godfrey and Lewis didn’t leave on frees. 

If we sign 5 players (not including Gibson and Dimi) I'd assume a couple of them will be loans, maybe a freebee and then a couple of decent sized fees paid. But we'll see.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If the unthinkable happens and we sell Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell, I wouldn't be so sure on that.

I know that's all unlikely, but it's a long while before next season starts. We can't rule anything out and it's unfortunate that we'll have this uncertainty about the 'crown jewels' until the summer window closes.

Its not about how much you spend, but the quality of what you spend it on.  A loan player or two, a young player or two in, a quality freebie, perhaps a couple of £5m - £10 m players....so not a huge amount in the scheme of things. 

Quality is what matters.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

This is scary though...

Screenshot_20210426-134310.thumb.jpg.8970389b1c68e428894be69e3276ab63.jpg

Actually think RVW would thrive in the set up we have now. Especially playing along side Emi. 

• Like 1

Maybe in the champs. But I never saw anything to suggest that he could do that at PL level. If he could someone would have bought him.

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Actually think RVW would thrive in the set up we have now. Especially playing along side Emi. 

Nah, he'd still get knocked off the ball by anyone and everyone then look surprised when he didn't get a free kick.

I'd be surprised if we commit to over £15m on a single player. And that includes wages. As an example 4 years at roughly 28k a week is 6m so 9 million on a transfer fee. 

Having said that if Brentford don't go up we should go all out to sign Ivan Toney and who knows how much that will be!

2 hours ago, Satriales said:

I also had a look to try and find out how much we got for our promotion. In here it it says apparently we got £7.1m in the 2018-19 season and £94.5m last season. Don’t know if it will be any different this time round
https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/club-by-club-a-breakdown-of-the-2019-20-premier-league-prize-money/

I was also very interested to try find out how much the parachute payment was. Had a look numerous websites but couldn’t find out how much it was for certain - think it might have been somewhere in the region of £30m, although very unsure

Will find out more about how much we are planning to spend this summer once the season is over. It may be somewhere in the region of £30m, or it may be not much more than last time. Don’t have a clue 

Edited by HazzaJet