Sign in to follow this  
barclayboy1902

Kit for the fans

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Fashion is fashion, you trendsetter.....

Just remember fashion may change but style remains the same and of course there is maximum style with the minimum of effort.

@Duncan Edwards

• Haha 1

I'm hoping the club will produce a plethora of canary yellow split crotch mankinis......I wonder if they'll sell out?......

Hangin' on a thread....

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but it reminded me of the bond issue......... 😏

In what way Ken?! 😉 

Are you Elite too?!

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes I know. It just reminded me of the bond issue. The OP had seen it but admitted he was slow off the mark.

So where do you think they should have advertised it?

I don't know but perhaps should have given more than 24 hours notice. I only knew about it as a mate messaged me. That said i'm not bothered as I really don't like the shirt so wouldn;t have bought one anyway.

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

Ah, shame I guess. Limited edition means limited though, although you can argue they should have done more. 

makes you wonder if they had a certain amount of fabric left over they wanted to make use of!

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Exactly. 

Its for the fans, of which there are 25K season ticket holders, not to mention fans who who are not season ticket holders, and they produced 5K shirts - once you mix in the two styles, and sizes, its a very limited pot. 

This was more to more point, it's for the fans but only the few , and it's help raise money for the fans group but limiting it's potential with restricted issue

I don't really see how the club can win here.  They've released a 'bonus' kit at the end of a kit deal, with a new manufacturer apparently coming on board for 21/22.  They've made it limited edition to ensure that they aren't exposed to excess stock when in a month or two I'd imagine the new manufacturer wont want an Errea kit hanging around in the shops to potentially lose sales on their own new kit.

The club will know roughly how many shirts they sell each season, and would have made an educated guess as to what stock levels they needed, without making it too limited that no one could buy one or making it too available that calling it 'limited' becomes pointless.  I can only begin to imagine the moans that would have been on here when the £30 kit became £10 in a months time because they couldn't sell enough before the new kit deal starts because the club ordered too much stock.

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

I don't really see how the club can win here.  They've released a 'bonus' kit at the end of a kit deal, with a new manufacturer apparently coming on board for 21/22.  They've made it limited edition to ensure that they aren't exposed to excess stock when in a month or two I'd imagine the new manufacturer wont want an Errea kit hanging around in the shops to potentially lose sales on their own new kit.

The club will know roughly how many shirts they sell each season, and would have made an educated guess as to what stock levels they needed, without making it too limited that no one could buy one or making it too available that calling it 'limited' becomes pointless.  I can only begin to imagine the moans that would have been on here when the £30 kit became £10 in a months time because they couldn't sell enough before the new kit deal starts because the club ordered too much stock.

Valid points - but there is nothing to stop them ordering some more, knowing how well its sold ? 

Maybe another 2-3000 to prevent left over / reduced stock? 

Do we know for sure that kit deal is expiring? has that been confirmed? 

NCFC kit.PNG

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Valid points - but there is nothing to stop them ordering some more, knowing how well its sold ? 

Maybe another 2-3000 to prevent left over / reduced stock? 

Do we know for sure that kit deal is expiring? has that been confirmed? 

NCFC kit.PNG

Yes perhaps the club could allow people to preorder the shirt now to ensure that they are only exposed to those orders, but then you'll get people who've bought a limited edition shirt annoyed that it's no so limited any more!  I don't have an opinion on that by the way.

All the rumours suggest that the kit deal has been terminated, I did have a cynical thought yesterday that this 'bonus' kit was a sweetener with Errea to tie things up early.

Surely everything is limited by definition. These arent numbered items, Its a football shirt at the end of the day - but I do agree an order on demand could have some merit to avoid the overstocking scenario. but that in iteslf would bring an admin overhead for the club! Its never an easy solution is it?! 

Yes the rumours suggest the kit deal has been terminated, but they are only rumours, whereas the screen shot was, at the time, official, and therefore is still in place until we hear otherwise from the club surely?  Im sure then the moaners will be complaining that the shirt should be made by Nike / Adidas etc, rather than Sondico / Joma / Pony etc. 

Agree too - if the kit manufacturers are is being changed, yetersday's should could well have been a sweetener for them. 

Maybe that's me putting too much emphasis on it, but considering how crap everything has been, a nice little touch by the club to release a limited run of a shirt (minus dafabet logo I might add) I thought was classy, especially when you consider that some £ is going to the fan experience for when we can go back. 

I get it's not to everyone's tastes but I'm inclined to look beyond the superficial and it'll remind of the time we had a cracking team, that against some odds bounced back from relegation, amidst a pandemic, playing in front of no one but team mates and staff. 

It'll also serve to remind me to appreciate the small things at a time when we could do sweet FA, when a NCFC win was a weekend highlight and the 'working from home' Monday football catch up with colleagues would get you through the start of another week typing on your laptop in the bedroom. 

But then maybe I'm just probably too sentimental in my ripe old age of 36... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Already appearing on ebay.

Five of them and increasing by the hour virtually.

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I doubt anyone who didn't like them yesterday will buy one off eBay today. But you never know....

But some people who aren't in the elite to get them yesterday, may be interested. Unfortunately. 

But some people who aren't in the elite to get them yesterday, may be interested. Unfortunately. 

You're such a tease Greavsy...

It is the marketing department's job to come up with as near to maximum, the amount of shirts they expect to sell (without wastage/eating into previous profit etc). This includes, 'limited' (defined by the amount made of course!). Now you can not get any better than selling out of the product you have to sell. As long as the profit has been worked out correctly, then it is a win win. It's the result any retailer wants.

Of course, the next step is how many more could you have sold (not a defined number obviously) . With a self funding Club such as ours, then numbers are vital, but how much more financial risk would there have been in making a further 3000/5000/10,000 shirts? Perhaps no more than £200,000 at a guess (probably less)? If they had made a further 10,000 and only sold 8,000 initially, then it would still have been a win win, in financial terms. Was the way they marketed this, the best way? Is it the 'modern' way? Does it reach the majority of supporters? This isn't a 1st team shirt, it's a rare opportunity (when was the last one, the centenary edition blue and white one?) and the shirt could have 'run' for a long while after this (It could have been called something else, other than a Thank You shirt if that was the case). It's hardly breaking the admin dept either.

Of course, there may have been a limited amount of material left to make all these, so nullifying any reasoning 😉 

The Club haven't got this wrong, but they could have got it a lot more right. That's the marketing department's job.

I think having a shirt marketed "for the fans" without having enough stock for those fans who wished to purchase is getting it massively wrong. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I think having a shirt marketed "for the fans" without having enough stock for those fans who wished to purchase is getting it massively wrong. 

Totally agree, but after telling my son he can't get one because it was like the bonds he is totally ok with that now 😉

2 minutes ago, barclayboy1902 said:

Totally agree, but after telling my son he can't get one because it was like the bonds he is totally ok with that now 😉

There are some child sizes ones left online I believe! shirts that is, not the bonds! 

There are some child sizes ones left online I believe! shirts that is, not the bonds! 

Not a chance 😁, he's a big ol' boy

• Haha 1