Sign in to follow this  
barclayboy1902

Kit for the fans

First up I know there is another thread about the new kit, but felt this was a different talking point.

I don't entirely understand where the club went with this, it is 'for the fans'  ( great idea) yet it is made in a limited quantity so alot of people miss out, so it should be called a kit for some fans !!, yes it has a charity element but this is capped by the limited amount made, restricting the amount the supporters group can make.                                                      I understand they don't want to make too many and get caught with stock , but I also wonder if they are protecting shirt sales of next seasons kit, but I would happily buy both.

My fault really as watched the live launch but then went out for Sunday league thinking I'd buy myself and my son one later, obviously getting home to find out they are all gone.

' A kit for the well organised fan, that doesn't hang about 😁'

And obviously as stated on the other thread people are able to make money on the limited supply 😥

It seems widely stated that 5% goes to charity but that is not quite what the wording says does it. it suggests its going to the fan groups who produce the banners etc and other unspecified crwod funding initiatives?

All good but not quite the same thing as charity is it.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

It seems widely stated that 5% goes to charity but that is not quite what the wording says does it. it suggests its going to the fan groups who produce the banners etc and other unspecified crwod funding initiatives?

All good but not quite the same thing as charity is it.

Isnt it £5 rather than 5%?

This reminded me of the bond issue. Nothing but complaints about the whole thing until it sold out.

That's just the way of it I guess.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

This reminded me of the bond issue. Nothing but complaints about the whole thing until it sold out.

Slightly different. 

A. The bond issue had a pre-registration period. 

b. The bond issue was an investment, and hence a calculated risk.

c. People knew when then opening period for the bond was, and if they wished to apply. 

d. The shirt was a surprise announcement, and limited stock. If you  were not on the socials / forums you would have totally missed its launch, let alone the opportunity to buy. 

I accept with all things its first to apply / respond gets the goods, but this one was a blind start, unlike the bond.  

It reminded me of the bond issue where there were complaints about the whole thing until it sold out.

It reminded me of the bond issue where there were complaints about the whole thing until it sold out.

Heard you the first time! 

It just reminded me of the bond issue.

John Bond? 

Kevin Bond? 

Brook Bond?

Basildon Bond? 

James Bond? 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The academy bond.

How is that similar to this? 

One was an investment, with risk and return, and one is buying a football shirt?

Maybe. Or maybe they were moaning.

I got a bond and a shirt. Did you?

You must be in the elite x2 then. Pleased for you. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

How is that similar to this? 

One was an investment, with risk and return, and one is buying a football shirt?

It reminded me because of the complaints about the whole idea until it sold out. 

I've not got any complaints about this but I do think the shirt (except for the GK version) is absolutely awful so i am surprised it has been so popular. Each to their own though!

Just now, nutty nigel said:

It reminded me because of the complaints about the whole idea until it sold out. 

I didnt see anyone complaining about the shirts, pre or post selling out,  just comments on not liking the design, which is subjective. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

I've not got any complaints about this but I do think the shirt (except for the GK version) is absolutely awful so i am surprised it has been so popular. Each to their own though!

There are only 2 shirts styles Jim, so if they marketed it right, and you like 50% that's a result surely?  

Just now, Greavsy said:

I didnt see anyone complaining about the shirts, pre or post selling out,  just comments on not liking the design, which is subjective. 

It probably didn't remind you of the bond issue then. Unless of course you didn't see complaints about that either.

I did and this reminded me of it.

Did you get a shirt or a bond?

It probably didn't remind you of the bond issue then. Unless of course you didn't see complaints about that either.

I did and this reminded me of it.

Did you get a shirt or a bond?

Is the OP's point here (and sorry if I am misrepresenting it) not just that if you are not a regular user of twitter or didn;t happen to go onto the club website in the 24 hours leading up to this launch you would probably not have even been aware of this shirt being launched until it was too late to get one as they had sold out?

Perhaps this is a further impact of no fans at matches as had there been they would have been able to advertise it at recent games and with more advance notice. 

As ive said before NN comments / observations are only complaints if you see them that way and as negative, and that would depend on the type of person you are. Says more about the person who is reading the comments than the poster in my view. 

Anyways, rather than play your tittle tattle, im leaving this thread, so it can remain on topic. 

Just now, Mello Yello said:

That goalie shirt would go well with jeans an' trendy trainers.....for them middle aged hipsters.....

Guilty.

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Is the OP's point here (and sorry if I am misrepresenting it) not just that if you are not a regular user of twitter or didn;t happen to go onto the club website in the 24 hours leading up to this launch you would probably not have even been aware of this shirt being launched until it was too late to get one as they had sold out?

Perhaps this is a further impact of no fans at matches as had there been they would have been able to advertise it at recent games and with more advance notice. 

Yes I know. It just reminded me of the bond issue. The OP had seen it but admitted he was slow off the mark.

So where do you think they should have advertised it?

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Exactly. 

Its for the fans, of which there are 25K season ticket holders, not to mention fans who who are not season ticket holders, and they produced 5K shirts - once you mix in the two styles, and sizes, its a very limited pot. 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

As ive said before NN comments / observations are only complaints if you see them that way and as negative, and that would depend on the type of person you are. Says more about the person who is reading the comments than the poster in my view. 

Anyways, rather than play your tittle tattle, im leaving this thread, so it can remain on topic. 

Thank you.

• Thanks 1