I'm just praying they don't decide to wear that shirt next week. Imagine all the title winning photos etc and we're wearing that monstrosity? Although I suppose it could be worse, we could be wearing our binner kit 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Oh really? I might have a chance then........

Godspeed

5 hours ago, kick it off said:

This one is on Ebay at the moment but it's up for £80 and I can't justify that for it. If it was closer to £50 I'd grab it.

NORWICH CITY 1997/99 Pony Goalkeeper Football Shirt / Jersey (M) 90s | eBay

Think I’ve got one in kids sizes knocking around. That and the black away kit from around the same time with the glow in the dark yellow and (sort of) green bits down the side were two of my first shirts. Think I had most of the Colman’s kits, keepers home and away - still some of the best!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And it's awful!

If it didn’t have “Norwich a fine city” across the top, I’d really like it! Those word bits are a bit naff though to be fair.

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm just praying they don't decide to wear that shirt next week. Imagine all the title winning photos etc and we're wearing that monstrosity? Although I suppose it could be worse, we could be wearing our binner kit 🤷‍♂️

They're wearing it against Reading - says that in the article.

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Couple of points to that Ken. 

• They have said they will wear it against Reading.
  • There is a media boycott next week, so initial, certainly official, photos will be limited. 

I wonder if the media boycott has helped ease the negotiations with sponsors to not be on the shirts?  

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

• There is a media boycott next week, so initial, certainly official, photos will be limited. 

I wonder if the media boycott has helped ease the negotiations with sponsors to not be on the shirts?  

There's a social media boycott, not a media boycott. Very different.

New worst Norwich promotial image?

EzzcWzNX0AAnlgD?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Tettey looks like he's frozen in place, Cantwell looks like he's about to burst into tears and I'm pretty sure Krul has been poorly photoshopted into the middle 😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

There's a social media boycott, not a media boycott. Very different.

Agreed, apologies I type the name incorrectly, I did mean Social Media and am aware of the difference. 

however I still think there will be limited images, as the club uses a lot of social media to promote itself. That point still stands 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Agreed, apologies I type the name incorrectly, I did mean Social Media and am aware of the difference. 

however I still think there will be limited images, as the club uses a lot of social media to promote itself. That point still stands 

The images will still exist, they're not banning the cameras. The galleries will just be on the Pinkun and official site instead of Twitter etc. Won't make an iota of difference to the coverage unless you exclusively use social media to keep up with things.

Edited by kick it off

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

The images will still exist, they're not banning the cameras. The galleries will just be on the Pinkun and official site instead of Twitter etc. Won't make an iota of difference to the coverage unless you exclusively use social media to keep up with things.

I never said they wouldnt exist. just the official pics would be limited initially, whilst the boycott is on. 

Pinkun / Archant, AP, BBC reporters will of course be posting their own images on their sites, not club ones. 

24 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Have they said they'll wear it? Disappointed if true, and yes I get that about social media, but I was thinking more in years to come when Sky show back to previous winners lifting the cup and we're wearing that. 

Oh well worse things happen at sea, speaking of which what's on the menu tonight aboard HMS Pisstheleague? 

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Have they said they'll wear it? Disappointed if true, and yes I get that about social media, but I was thinking more in years to come when Sky show back to previous winners lifting the cup and we're wearing that. 

Oh well worse things happen at sea, speaking of which what's on the menu tonight aboard HMS Pisstheleague? 

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/april/club-launches-special-edition-kit-dedicated-to-supporters/

Norwich City is delighted to reveal its brand-new special edition kit, dedicated to the club’s loyal fanbase.

The shirt carries our usual yellow and green colours with a montage of fan images in a sublimated tonal green print, v-neck collar detail and high-definition badge.

It will be proudly worn by the first team for a single fixture, our last home match of the 2020-21 season against Reading at Carrow Road on Saturday, May 1.

The menus are down to the ships Capt @Feedthewolf however being a Sunday I'm hoping for some traditional roast offerings. 

I like the idea of it, am happy with the kit, and happy they are wearing it for a match...it’s bizarre how people get so bothered by stuff like this.

3 hours ago, chicken said:

£30. And some of the money is going to charity.

So utterly awful that the adult shirts appear to be sold out. 

I like it. A bit gutted I wasn't quick enough to get one. Even the GK shirt is now only available in a couple of sizes.

Not like some folks on this forum to be out of touch with reality or something is it? Whinging for the sake of whinging. I'll just email the club and make sure their replica shirt design process includes those of you who are in with the lot in Milan and Paris and know your fashion. 

Not going to lie, I made the post before reading the full article and I was being a little bit unfair. My initial thought was that it was just an excuse to squeeze a few more quid out of the fans whilst using the charity bit to drive extra sales, and whilst I don't think I'm too far from the mark, I don't begrudge the club from trying to make extra income at this time and anything that benefits charities is a bonus.

As for the second half of your post however, I didn't say anything about the design...

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/april/club-launches-special-edition-kit-dedicated-to-supporters/

Norwich City is delighted to reveal its brand-new special edition kit, dedicated to the club’s loyal fanbase.

The shirt carries our usual yellow and green colours with a montage of fan images in a sublimated tonal green print, v-neck collar detail and high-definition badge.

It will be proudly worn by the first team for a single fixture, our last home match of the 2020-21 season against Reading at Carrow Road on Saturday, May 1.

The menus are down to the ships Capt @Feedthewolf however being a Sunday I'm hoping for some traditional roast offerings. 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Absolutely! We've got pork, lamb, beef, chicken, venison... plus a special 'all the meats' option. Oh and a vegan nut roast option, of course. Seasonal vegetables, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings... and even a special side of macaroni cheese.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Absolutely! We've got pork, lamb, beef, chicken, venison... plus a special 'all the meats' option. Oh and a vegan nut roast option, of course. Seasonal vegetables, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings... and even a special side of macaroni cheese.

Im in! 

Is that an @nutty nigel roast? 😉 

More Artic roll for pudding too! 

And don't forget the free (but drink responsibly) bar! 

Tbh I like it better than the current home kit, which I didn't buy.

I have no problem with the idea and of course it will be up to individuals if they buy or not.

I guess next season's kit will look nothing like this otherwise it might put some off another purchase?

• Like 1

I'm still hoping against hope that the fan-designed rainbow one with the stripes on part of the shoulder/chest with the rest in white gets made as an away kit for next season. Thought that was a brilliant piece.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not going to lie, I made the post before reading the full article and I was being a little bit unfair. My initial thought was that it was just an excuse to squeeze a few more quid out of the fans whilst using the charity bit to drive extra sales, and whilst I don't think I'm too far from the mark, I don't begrudge the club from trying to make extra income at this time and anything that benefits charities is a bonus.

As for the second half of your post however, I didn't say anything about the design...

First bit was more at you, the 2nd bit was more at the fashion police... who probably don't have exactly the best fashion sense to really comment but there you go.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'm still hoping against hope that the fan-designed rainbow one with the stripes on part of the shoulder/chest with the rest in white gets made as an away kit for next season. Thought that was a brilliant piece.

Agreed. Brilliant design.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Macaroni cheese? With a roast? 

Been catching up my socials tonight, and I've seen Rob Butler, TNC*, Connor Southwall have been gifted the new shirt. There may be others (Chris Goreham perhaps) that I haven't seen. 

Nothing against these people personally, but why if they are giving shirts away give them to people who have experienced some hardship this year, I'm sure there are plenty. Or donate some signed ones to a local cause to raffle. 

These shirts sold on in less than a day, without any advance warning so they hardly needed anyone to advertise them. 

Whilst I accept a few £30 shirts is small against EPL finances, remember this is club who furloughed their staff as they couldn't afford to pay them! 

* TNC are nominated for fan(s) of the season too, they are getting their feet nicely under the Carrow Road table. 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Been catching up my socials tonight, and I've seen Rob Butler, TNC*, Connor Southwall have been gifted the new shirt. There may be others (Chris Goreham perhaps) that I haven't seen. 

Nothing against these people personally, but why if they are giving shirts away give them to people who have experienced some hardship this year, I'm sure there are plenty. Or donate some signed ones to a local cause to raffle. 

These shirts sold on in less than a day, without any advance warning so they hardly needed anyone to advertise them. 

Whilst I accept a few £30 shirts is small against EPL finances, remember this is club who furloughed their staff as they couldn't afford to pay them! 

* TNC are nominated for fan(s) of the season too, they are getting their feet nicely under the Carrow Road table. 

pretty sure TNC did a Charity livestream rasiing money for the same charity that the shirts raise money for

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

pretty sure TNC did a Charity livestream rasiing money for the same charity that the shirts raise money for

TNC have indeed raised £20k this weekend for charity. I though it was the big c, not that is matters, it's still a good effort and respect for that. 

My point is about the club giving new release shirts away, when not many months ago they were skint, and couldn't pay their staff..... 

Looks like Michael Bailey got one too. 

Not blaming the recipients for the club sending them. 

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not sure I recall the specific one - presumably the club were aware of it?