6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

"We appreciate you so much, we're going to ask for another £50."

Yeah, it stinks of marketing. Although it seems it's for charity, so fairs fair. Could have at least made it look decent mind 😂

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I quite like it but I'm a huge fan of shirts that are a bit out there - the 90s was the golden era of kit design in my book (although Errea have produced some great kits over the last decade to be fair). I've got a couple of retro Norwich Goalie shirts from the 90s that I wear to games periodically

• Like 3

Pantomime season starting early then!

Which one is Widow Twankey?

I suppose its fine for youngsters, except for the price.

Primark style origins at M & S price?

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I quite like it but I'm a huge fan of shirts that are a bit out there - the 90s was the golden era of kit design in my book (although Errea have produced some great kits over the last decade to be fair). I've got a couple of retro Norwich Goalie shirts from the 90s that I wear to games periodically

They don't do keepers kit's like they used to..

Large

EMZSa2xW4AAsWjV.jpg:large

8939-1848308Fr.jpg

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

They don't do keepers kit's like they used to..

Large

EMZSa2xW4AAsWjV.jpg:large

8939-1848308Fr.jpg

Got the top one, the second is a sore point because I bought one but it was waaaaaay too small and not seen another come up for sale - its in the wish list though. Third is too plain for me. The other I have is this one...

15001-product.jpg

• Like 1

This one is on Ebay at the moment but it's up for £80 and I can't justify that for it. If it was closer to £50 I'd grab it.

NORWICH CITY 1997/99 Pony Goalkeeper Football Shirt / Jersey (M) 90s | eBay

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I'm with you. The least "tasteful" the better.

I also like the fact that there's no sponsor.

37 minute wait at the moment. Was considering buying one for the first time in years but I'm not going to stare at my screen for nearly 40mins to do so..

Edited by kirku

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

This one is on Ebay at the moment but it's up for £80 and I can't justify that for it. If it was closer to £50 I'd grab it.

NORWICH CITY 1997/99 Pony Goalkeeper Football Shirt / Jersey (M) 90s | eBay

That is phenomenal!

Just read the article...

1- it isnt for charity- £5 goes towards improving the match day experience 

2- it's £30 not £50.

I'm tempted as it's nice to get a Norwich shirt without a ****ing massive gambling advert on it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

I'm with you. The least "tasteful" the better.

I also like the fact that there's no sponsor.

37 minute wait at the moment. Was considering buying one for the first time in years but I'm not going to stare at my screen for nearly 40mins to do so..

I just got one - The wait wasn't as long as advertised, and I just left it open in a tab. 9-10 minutes I waited but it said 22 to start with

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

That is phenomenal!

I know - pretty much mint condition too as it's been in a frame. It's a beauty but £80 is steep for any footy shirt imo.

It's not our new kit, not sure how anyone could have a problem with it. Again, purchasing is optional guys.

• Like 2

I like it , but then I’m a big fan of the bird **** shirt from the 90s and have one of those from when they reprinted them a few years back.

Also love the idea of one with no sponsor.

I’ll log on later to try to get one.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah, it stinks of marketing. Although it seems it's for charity, so fairs fair. Could have at least made it look decent mind 😂

You plainly need to take the much-acclaimed PurpleCanary Crash Course in Football Capitalism...🤓

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's not our new kit, not sure how anyone could have a problem with it. Again, purchasing is optional guys.

It's optional but I don't blame some for being a touch cynical that the clubs decided the best way to celebrate the fans is by trying to sell them a 4th shirt this season. 

That's capitalism for you though.

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You plainly need to take the much-acclaimed PurpleCanary Crash Course in Football Capitalism...🤓

Lesson 4: How to pass off cheap, Chinese made toot as a quality product.😀

Looks like there's a huge brilliant space in the centre chest between the logos for players to sign and turn into real collectors editions. 

I quite like it, the goalkeeper version is quite stylish too- but having just got one from this season printed as a memento, I can't justify the price.

I've no problem raising cash for a good cause.  I'm just concerned about too much green on our first choice kit.  As a one off this is fine.  However one big plea! 

As I've said many times, never let our first kit have too much green encroaching on the design.  Whenever our first kit has more than just the detailing in green we have a crap season.   The design should be primarily yellow, a bright yellow at that, not an "orangey" yellow either.

I hope this is not  a precursor to next season's kit otherwise we're doomed ..... Doomed I tell you.

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

It's optional but I don't blame some for being a touch cynical that the clubs decided the best way to celebrate the fans is by trying to sell them a 4th shirt this season. 

That's capitalism for you though.

Well, offering them a 4th shirt. Which like the other 3, is totally up to them if they buy

5 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Isn't this Erra's final kit for us, anyway? 

I thought we were getting a new kit manufacturer as of next season. 

Yeah that's the rumour but it does seem that there is a lot of fire to that particular smoke, so is probably right

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well, offering them a 4th shirt. Which like the other 3, is totally up to them if they buy

Yep but as I say I understand bit of cynicism about it. And I say this as someone in the queue to buy one.

Edited by king canary
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty decent of the club to launch it on TNC's 24hr charity stream too, so far over 20k has been raised for Big C

• Like 1