Just how awesome is he? He saves penalties so often now that it’s just normal. Made some excellent saves yesterday aside from the penalty also. Certainly played his part in winning us that match yesterday.

On the subject of keepers, I’m convinced their keeper handled outside the area at one point. Anyone else think so? 

2 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Just how awesome is he? He saves penalties so often now that it’s just normal. Made some excellent saves yesterday aside from the penalty also. Certainly played his part in winning us that match yesterday.

On the subject of keepers, I’m convinced their keeper handled outside the area at one point. Anyone else think so? 

He's phenomenal. I met him briefly on the day of the promotion parade 2 years ago and he came across as a really genuine, decent guy too. He was 20 mins late but changed direction to come and have a chat with me before he went in. 

For me, he's the best keeper I've ever seen in a city shirt, he's just exceptional and the penalty record is a massive bonus and quite unbelievable. NCFC Numbers on Twitter posted yesterday that of the last FOUR penalties Tim has faced, he has conceded 0 goals and we've gone on to win all 4 of those matches. I said to my mate yesterday, I genuinely don't worry when we concede pens because although the global conversion rate is about 75-80%, I always feel it's more of a 50-50 with Tim in goal, and the stats seem to support that.

image.png.4099e4e7bfb3b653beb97d2af4767e3b.png

Their keeper 100% handled it outside the area. It wasn't even close, he was about a yard outside. Fortunately, it didn't matter yesterday but if the game had been tighter I would have been pretty annoyed!

I fully anticipated that penalty save yesterday. For some reason it jusr seemed a foregone conclusion, irrational as it seems. 

However, an opposition fan would have every reason to complain about his antics prior to the kick  ..... borderline gamesmanship, imo.

Keep it the same for next season though TK. That 47% save rate must be the best of all time in the pro game. Quite phenonmenal.

A couple of better saves during the game proved to be crucial.

Edited by BroadstairsR

There is no question he is an excellent keeper and one we have been fortunate to have benefitted from enormously.

Imagine having 'won' a penalty against us in a tight game. Placing it carefully on the spot only to look up towards our goal.................................. to see the Dutch penalty master starring you down!

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

However, an opposition fan would have every reason to complain about his antics prior to the kick  ..... borderline gamesmanship, imo.

And I bloody love it Broadstairs! It is long overdue that we have a player that pushes it right to the edge, and long may it continue.

(Who will ever forget the drinks bottle)

On the subject of TK's off the field character, it's exemplary, I recall being outside the players entrance at CR at the time the coach turned up, now whilst many of the players had earphones in and mostly just gave a small wave (I guess they were focused!), Tim stopped, chatted briefly with some fans and then went over to young lad in a wheelchair and signed his programme. 

Legend.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

And I bloody love it Broadstairs! It is long overdue that we have a player that pushes it right to the edge, and long may it continue.

(Who will ever forget the drinks bottle)

On the subject of TK's off the field character, it's exemplary, I recall being outside the players entrance at CR at the time the coach turned up, now whilst many of the players had earphones in and mostly just gave a small wave (I guess they were focused!), Tim stopped, chatted briefly with some fans and then went over to young lad in a wheelchair and signed his programme. 

Legend.

I, personally would ban players wearing headphones when on the club coach for home games, (it's hardly a long distance) and certainly when walking from the bus into the ground. It's pathetic imo and just an excuse to avoid an interaction. 

As we have seen this week, the fans are important, and need / deserve that interaction with their players. 

I don't buy into this focused nonsense, they have been training all week for the match, so 2 mins without headphones, but bonding with team mates, and interacting with fans instead has to be better. 

Maybe I'm just old and grumpy! 😊 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Maybe I'm just old and grumpy! 😊 

Ha! Maybe Greavsy, the focused comment was somewhat tongue in cheek mate. I can excuse the younger players though, the are still growing in maturity.