Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

Some very good reasons why Mike Newell should be our next manager....

Please read this article below from the Luton official site.

2 things stand out for me.

1, The paragraph that reads "Mike won over the Luton faithfull by restoring attractive, passing football to the team".

2, The paragraph that mentions how Luton came out of the traps very quickly when they won the division 1 title, winning 9, and drawing just 1 of their first 10 games.

He is the man to replace Worthington for me. He would restore attractive passing footie to CR, which would make guarantee him to be warmly welcomed here and the fact that his teams play freeflowing, attacking football and come out and go for the jugular of other teams. If we want to get promoted next season it is imperative that we come out all guns blazing.

Would Newell come here though? i here you ask. Yes, i beleive he would, he would see the players that we have like Hux, McVeigh, Earnie, McKenzie, Thorne, Safri and be relishing the task. I think he could get us up, when you look what he has done with Luton, a team full of mainly division 2 players what could he do with our team?

If you can give me a good reason why Mike Newell should not be the man to take over from NW i would like to here why.

Oh, also his current contract runs out in July 2007 so at the moment he would be a relativly cheap option, so if we act quick.....

Luton are going to give him an extended contract so we must get in quick.

http://www.lutonfc.com/home.asp

And - he''s clearly keen to leave for pastures new, given the way the Luton Board has treated him.  He was even tempted, briefly, to talk to Leicester last week. Wisely, he turned it down.

I''d be happy to see him here, although Adie Boothroyd would be my first choice.  Sadly (for us), he''ll quite possibly be leading a premiership side next season.    

Sounds pretty good to me and sounds a lot more sensible than some of the crazy names being bandied about!