Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich joins social media boycott- Nothing to be posted

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Who's gonna make the match threads when we wont even know the lineups? 🤔

Crikey! Of course. I wonder what team DF will select?😂

• Haha 1

Some say, that DF gets his team selection from the pink un ***** official threads *****, and posts his line up to social media after checking the board. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Who's gonna make the match threads when we wont even know the lineups? 🤔

Let's be honest, Farke isn't exactly a coach who springs many surprises anyway. I'm sure most of us could name the lineup now: unchanged. Only exceptions would be if someone picks up a knock, and he'd tell us about that on Friday.

What's the point of this? It will achieve the grand outcome of "f**k all".

I honestly don't think Facebook and Twitter care if some football clubs and players aren't posting or tweeting stuff. There's far more other things going on social media, this is hardly going to make a dent.

48 minutes ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

Why? For what reason? 

I think it's for their (Twitter, Facebook etc.) lack of action to block users that post abuse to players, staff members etc. particularly racial abuse.

It's a start. If traffic and ad revenues start hitting these companies then they might start taking a bit of responsibilty for their users actions.

8 hours ago, K Lo said:

Does that include their own site ?

They were targeting social media due to their lack of action over combatting racism. The clubs manage their own sites, so I doubt there's any need to silence themselves.

7 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

What's the point of this? It will achieve the grand outcome of "f**k all".

I honestly don't think Facebook and Twitter care if some football clubs and players aren't posting or tweeting stuff. There's far more other things going on social media, this is hardly going to make a dent.

But it's a start. The world of football generates a lot of traffic, and if other sports/celebrities join in too then it could cause these companies to lose a bit of revenue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

They were targeting social media due to their lack of action over combatting racism. The clubs manage their own sites, so I doubt there's any need to silence themselves.

But it's a start. The world of football generates a lot of traffic, and if other sports/celebrities join in too then it could cause these companies to lose a bit of revenue.

If the Kardashians followed footy, I could see the point of a boycott, dont they have five times the followers of the entirety of Football.

Or maybe DF and SW should promote fake tan, filters and plastic surgery..... get our quota of vacuous feckwit followers up.

Whilst I applaud the intention, can’t see it making any difference.

The idiots (or whatever you want to call them) will still be there when the boycott is over.

The problem is people are a lot braver whilst sitting anonymously behind a keyboard. Can you imagine anyone having the b@lls to go up to a Duncan Forbes, Grant Holt or Dion Dublin and say something derogatory to their face? I don’t think so.

It’s time these social media providers got their act together and to be honest that also includes this site and the minority of people who get personal and abuse other posters on a site where the vast majority of us supposedly support the same team. Healthy debate is one thing but some people take it too far at times.

Why don’t we set a precedent and all be nice to each other. Or is that too much to ask?