Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

The World "Training Pitch" Championship Award

The Dreams of Nigel Worthington

Stuff Premiership participation....been there, done that. The League Championship division is mostly a bunch of old re-treads....besides, I''ve won that one already. As for the lower divisions, I''ve experienced that too, even helping clubs try to find the bottom rung. Yes, I''ve done it all. There must be something I can add to the portfolio....

Although sleep does not come quickly at the moment, thankfully, tiredness gets the better of our Nigel, and the dreaming begins........( snore, snore...big snore )

Nigel steps on to the podium, having just received the huge, gold-plated trophy ( the most coveted in the land ) for the World Manager of the Year for "Training Pitch Excellence". Everyone is in the crowd. All the national newspapers, as well as journalists from Italy, Spain and Brazil ( Nigel snores loudly, a little peeved  as to why there is no German representation ). Jose Mourinho is in the front row ( licking his lips at his prospects of winning this award next season ), even Sven is there with his girlfriend who, for some reason, can''t take her eyes off Nigel.

( Snore, snore...double whammy snore...I don''t care if I never wake up )

The training pitch is in excellent condition as Paul McVeigh scores three scissor-kick goals in a row  from 25 yards. Earnshaw is so excited he''s practicing triple somersaults that will land him in the Upper Barclay. Greeno is in scintillating form looking more like a trampoline artist as he flies through the air from the top right to the top left corner. Huckerby demonstrates that he has three new routines. One of them is to make a short, quick pass and then sprint 30 yards through the centre like Ronaldo, waiting for the ball return as he heads it into the corner of the net like a rocket.

Mrs. Worthington calls out, "Nigel, Nigel!! Are you going to get out of bed. Delia is on the phone. I don''t know what to tell you Delia. He looks so happy lying there, I almost don''t want to disturb him."

By the way Septic.......a World Championship (or series) is usually comprised of teams from ''different countries'' competing against each other.

By the way (2) I hope you are a Steelers fan like me so actually had something to cheer recently!

Are you not understanding my posts again Antler Head? This is a world award for individuals taking place in Nigel''s dream.

( change of point...therefore, new paragraph ) Yes, I was happy with the Super Bowl result. I actually have two teams I root for, the Steelers and the San Francisco 49''rs, which has now had some lean years.