Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Watford promoted back to the Prem

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

watford.png

Here's hoping we get 6 points from them next season..

That would be six more than we managed this! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

watford.png

Here's hoping we get 6 points from them next season..

I'd be happy with 2 points going on our recent record against them. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

I fancy Barnsley for the playoffs. Brentford can't handle pressure; Swansea aren't good enough and Bournemouth would need to turn up 3 games in a row which is unlikely. Barnsley play a really energetic game which is very hard to contain.

Plus it would be nice to have someone else tipped as favourites to go down....

5 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

That would be six more than we managed this! 

And last season 🤣

Pleased that my home town club are back up though-lots of banter with my mates-might even get back to The Vic next season 🤞

Only one team I want to see win the playoffs and that’s Carlton Morris’ Barnsley! 

What a fairytale that would be for him when I bet some days he was led up in the physios room wondering if he’d ever kick a ball again, let alone getting to win a play off final at Wembley and then Premier League football! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Only one team I want to see win the playoffs and that’s Carlton Morris’ Barnsley! 

What a fairytale that would be for him when I bet some days he was led up in the physios room wondering if he’d ever kick a ball again, let alone getting to win a play off final at Wembley and then Premier League football! 

Yes, would be a great story. He's been great for them, good luck to him. 

• Like 1

Merson already predicting they'll go back down, why can't idiots like him just let clubs like us and Watford just enjoy ourselves for a bit? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

This .

Barnsley  would be a great team to go up .... first time in the Prem , Carlton  Morris banging them in. Excellent  fun now we are up. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Merson already predicting they'll go back down, why can't idiots like him just let clubs like us and Watford just enjoy ourselves for a bit? 

Absolutely, how dare someone make a negative comment about us 

Err...

22 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'd be happy with 2 points going on our recent record against them. 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Absolutely, how dare someone make a negative comment about us 

Err...

That's hardly bloody predicting relegation before anyone has kicked a sodding ball FFS. 

Have a word with yourself Frankie boy 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Until this season Watford had been in the prem for 5 seasons...the season prior they were about 9th?..and got to an fa cup semi final

They shouldnt really have gone down last season.

Its a lazy call to immediately dismiss them....just hope that next season teams like Burnley and Brighton who've offerered nothing are found out at last.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

This .

Barnsley  would be a great team to go up .... first time in the Prem , Carlton  Morris banging them in. Excellent  fun now we are up. 

It wouldn't be their first time

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

97/98 Crabby👍

Fair Play  to them , had passed me by , I did  have young children back then  though so I have a valid  excuse. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Fair Play  to them , had passed me by , I did  have young children back then  though so I have a valid  excuse. 

Until you said that I thought you were too young to remember it🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Until you said that I thought you were too young to remember it🙃

I'll take that as a compliment,  whether  it was , or not .  👍

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'll take that as a compliment,  whether  it was , or not .  👍

It was

Us young at hearters have to stick together🙃

A big advantage for Norwich and Watford with the planning for next season.

The play-off final doesn’t take place until May 29th.

I know there's a whole transfer window to come but all things being as they are now, If you stuck ours and Watfords current teams in the Premier League they would fare a lot better than us right now, they are better defensively and are on a whole different level to us physically and athletically. I think they'll be fine next year tbh and that's why i was desperate for them not to go up. Brentford and Swansea would get mauled but I think Watford will be okay tbh. 

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

He's an utter halfwit. I can't believe Sky kept him on.

57 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He's an utter halfwit. I can't believe Sky kept him on.

Correction. Merson is a quarterwit

I try to defend Merson where possible but that’s just stupid. They are so much better defensively and they may have Deulofeu back from his loan spell. 

21 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I know there's a whole transfer window to come but all things being as they are now, If you stuck ours and Watfords current teams in the Premier League they would fare a lot better than us right now, they are better defensively and are on a whole different level to us physically and athletically. I think they'll be fine next year tbh and that's why i was desperate for them not to go up. Brentford and Swansea would get mauled but I think Watford will be okay tbh. 

Can't agree - they wouldn't score any goals. Unless they spend £30m on a striker who stays fit, they are going to struggle.