Would love us to sign him from Orlando Pirates if Barnsley don’t go up. Reported £15m tag looks a snip. Prolific and very physical.

If we want to stay up we are going to be need spending this calibre of player.

I am also assuming Aaron’s maybe off for £30m also. Two places like Dike would look like great business.

Danjuma at Bournemouth at say £20m-£25m also and two great players for Aaron’s and a bit of cash on top.

Wages would probably be out of our league though. Remember that wages and signing-on fees are also pretty hefty and are also the bits that don't get missed. If we get £30m for Aarons, expect a transfer kitty of about half that when it comes merely to the fees as the rest will be on wages, bonuses, and signing-on fees.

I hate to be that guy, but I don't think any Orlando Pirates players are going to be quite PL standard 😅

Feels like he's one of those players like Toney that you'd want to have nabbed one transfer move prior, before their value rocketed.

This guy is one of the USA's highest rated prospects - Orlando have valued him at $20m. Whether we could get him or not is debatable, but a learning season in the EPL from someone like Pukki when you're 20 years old seems like a possibility. He's not going to be a starter for any EPL side yet.

Incidentally, he is way ahead of Idah and Soto who are apparently our potential superstars of the future.

Dike is doing well and looks a unit.  But as a Prem team, his fee goes up. Danjuma, assuming Bournemouth don't go up would be a great addition. But will we pay the fee required?

Obviously some clubs have struggled this last twelve months so may be tempted to sell for less. But Bournemouth would still have parachute money.

I like Danjuma as a player but he is too expensive for us, and I wonder if he has a suspect attitude - showboating at Skipp wasn't a good look. I think he might need to be the star turn to thrive, and he wouldn't be here.

Danjuma cost Bournemouth £13.5mil. If they are not promoted, they might be in a position financially where they need to sell. But will they take the same they paid for him 2 years ago? Probably looking at £17-20mil I suspect.

I had to blink and look twice at your thought we would pay £20 to 25 million for Danjuma or anybody for that matter plus of course if Bournemouth go up they would keep such an asset surely ?

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I had to blink and look twice at your thought we would pay £20 to 25 million for Danjuma or anybody for that matter plus of course if Bournemouth go up they would keep such an asset surely ?

True. I doubt we'd creep much above the £10m mark, and then only for that right player.

I am happy with that stance for now.

Danjuma might aspire to bettet even if Bournemouth do go up. He seems to like himself.

Edited by BroadstairsR