Dean Coneys boots

Premiership window ground hog day

Re links to Ajar etc 

ah back in the prem; that time of year when we are linked with our first choice signings, all of whom would be amazing but none of whom later materialise in a Norwich shirt due to our wage offers etc, 

fast forward two months - option B and C were lost also so we grab a couple on loan from the bargain bucket left overs and ‘go with what we have got’ 

usually leaving a glaringly obvious gap in the team which the fans can see but club seem oblivious to...

Here is hoping this time round it is different. But do we have the finances to change it

Edited by Dean Coneys boots
Spelling mistake

Not sure why people get hung up on these links, 9/10 of them will be completely made up anyway. 

I’m pretty confident we will go into next season in much, much better shape than two years ago. 

I think we'll look to get in early. The money is there in the bank for us to spend now.

Not saying some stuff might not happen later in the window but surely now Webber and co have seen the virtues of getting players in early like last summer.

We've also been basically preparing for the prem since Jan if not prior to that so I'd imagine much of the posturing and talking to clubs and agents and players is done.

If "plan b" is ready to go now and "plan a" is dragging his heels, I think we'll go with plan b to be honest.

Again I think it's whether Emi and Skipp stay or how we replace them that will be somewhat key. There isn't loads of work to do bar that. Maybe another mobile CB, a physical CM and a winger/striker. These players might even already be at the club...

VVD, Alderwiereld, Toivonen, CMS and of course, The Quag! Love transfer season, particularly in the PL.

Good times..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

VVD, Alderwiereld, Toivonen, CMS and of course, The Quag! Love transfer season, particularly in the PL.

Good times..

You need to comment on the Quag post and get that bad boy bumped up😁

2 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Good times..

Don't forget Koulibaly. And the  one we got really, really close to was Haller and he turned us down. Dodged a bullet there, which West Ham took for us.

Personally, I find it clever how you have managed to include the bit about fans getting upset and continually finding something - anything - to whinge about off the back of brilliant season, without actually saying it directly. Bravo.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Jesus wept.

image.png.b6e9d121f8818b443ad255a6cfb15669.png

Don't tell Dean Coney but we actually have a week of April, May, June, July and August to not get any of the signings we are linked with. I'm not sure if he will last.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Don't tell Dean Coney but we actually have a week of April, May, June, July and August to not get any of the signings we are linked with. I'm not sure if he will last.

He'll last Herman. His staying power is awesome except when we're winning games. Most of this season he's been concentrating on his other hobbies. Knitting Nancy I heard...

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Only a week in each month! That’s going to be a short summer!😂👍

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

He'll last Herman. His staying power is awesome except when we're winning games. Most of this season he's been concentrating on his other hobbies. Knitting Nancy I heard...

😀

I wonder what hobby Highland Canary took up the whole of this last season? Tossing the caber?

😀

I wonder what hobby Highland Canary took up the whole of this last season? Tossing the caber?

Is that a euphemism?

😀

And Lincoln? 😂

Ha ha! Im not actually particularly negative in life. Have loved this season. I think I just comment when worried. And, lets be fair, our transfer dealings when in Prem has hardly been grounds for confidence. Last time was absolutely woeful- so much so other teams criticised the total lack of ambition. 

7 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Ha ha! Im not actually particularly negative in life.

So you save it all for us then. Thanks for that🙃

18 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Is that a euphemism?

😀😀

Completely unintentional but it works.

19 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

And Lincoln? 😂

Poor old Lincoln hasn't been around for a long time. I can't even remember him being a nuisance during our last visit to the Prem.🤔

16 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Ha ha! Im not actually particularly negative in life. Have loved this season. I think I just comment when worried. And, lets be fair, our transfer dealings when in Prem has hardly been grounds for confidence. Last time was absolutely woeful- so much so other teams criticised the total lack of ambition. 

Last time was about finances, clearing clubs debts and paying back the investment in Colney revamp. Also it was about giving the team the chance to prove themselves as they earned that right.

Don’t forget we did sign loan players with potential all pretty much failed so pleased we didn’t waste that money.

This year will be different, it has to be as we are short in some areas.

53 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I wasn't a fan of how we went about last time but can we not just wait and see how this one plays out first?

Edited by king canary

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

To be fair the most vocal was Bilic who was sacked by West Brom who are going to get relegated anyway.

After we raked in so much cash last time and invested it on unimportant things like facilities we should be in a better position to attract these bigger names.

Also Webber is a very different animal to what we've had before. We're not going to waste a summer if he's not interested.

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Presumably you think that Sheffield Utd's and Fulham's was better - they spent loads!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The tough reality of the premier is that spending isn’t a guarantee of success but not spending is a guarantee of failure. 

The difference is that we knew what we were doing and relegation was built into the long term plan. It's a shame you still haven't figured that out.