Sign in to follow this  
pete

2 Championship losses on the trot again

For the first time in over 80 games we have lost two consecutive games in the Championship.   The last time was 4th and 5th games of the season 2018/9 against Leeds and Sheff Utd.  At the end of that season one went up as runners up and the other lost in the play offs.  A repeat of fortunes of the teams involved will be very welcome.  Watford as runners up mean City Champions and Bournemouth to get beaten in the play offs.  I am sure we would all love to see that scenario come to fruition.

6 minutes ago, Cosmic Twin said:

Weren’t the Bournemouth and Derby loses earlier this season consecutive?

Yep! 😂

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

If it’s the first time in 80 games why did you put again in the title ?

A perhaps unappreciated aspect of the English language, the word "again" means that an event has happened before.

Edited by Surfer

Oh bo ho ho, the players clearly don't care or they're not good enough.

Only had the hambition to get to 90 points and now they're all on the **** because they have downed tools.

Emi clearly gonna leave for £10m, Skipp back to spurs and replaced with Robbie Savage and we're gonna break Derby's record because we can't hack it against "proper prem sides".

Another £150m in Deliarrs hambag and we'll be back in the championship in a year ready to take a ****ing from our far more superior  and richer neighbours, Ipswich Town.

If only we had a stinking rich Chinese bloke pumping the funds in we could sign Mbappe and get a spot in the super league but noooo, lil old Delia and co will do while we fall down the leagues and into oblivion. Might as well give up now.

2 hours ago, Cosmic Twin said:

Weren’t the Bournemouth and Derby loses earlier this season consecutive?

...perhaps that’s why it was ‘again’?!

Would be interesting to see when the last 3-on-the-trot run was at this level -though we ought to have more than enough to regroup and come away from QPR with something.

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

If it’s the first time in 80 games why did you put again in the title ?

He has the same disease as my missus, who says things like " you left the toilet seat up, again!!". I last did it in 1993 when I was sitting on it and she called me to let me know her waters had broken and our son was on his way,  imminently!!

PS we were top of the prem at the time.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

...perhaps that’s why it was ‘again’?!

Would be interesting to see when the last 3-on-the-trot run was at this level -though we ought to have more than enough to regroup and come away from QPR with something.

I believe (but could be wrong, of course) the last time we lost 3 on the trot was at the end of April 2008 under Bryan Gunn to confirm our drop to league one. We lost to Ipswich, Reading and Charlton

Edited by AJ

40 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

PS we were top of the prem at the time.

So if you get your Mrs pregnant again in nine months time we’ll be top of the prem!! 😁

34 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

So if you get your Mrs pregnant again in nine months time we’ll be top of the prem!! 😁

Hmmmm,I thought  that  sounded like a good idea , you know, in a good cause an all that. Well her response was " if you think I want a teenage child when I'm in my mid seventies,  you are stupider than I thought"....

I took that as a maybe 😉😇👍

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Hmmmm,I thought  that  sounded like a good idea , you know, in a good cause an all that. Well her response was " if you think I want a teenage child when I'm in my mid seventies,  you are stupider than I thought"....

I took that as a maybe 😉😇👍

Can you leave it another 4 months, Corkio?

We'll be champions 😊🍺

20 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Can you leave it another 4 months, Corkio?

We'll be champions 😊🍺

4 months!!! That's asking a fair bit,  Elastico!!  We've survived 35 years together  and never ' left it' four days never mind  four months!!!