Sign in to follow this  
Citytilidie

Doubled

Too good for the championship, jury is still out on whether we're ready for the premiership.... Watford showed ( at a lower level) what we're likely to face next season. 

Tbf we were missing two first choice defenders, had run for seventy minutes with ten men, and had a celebration. 

I'm pretty sure webber can work it out. 

Bigger. Stronger. 

Same for every promoted club, every single year. 

The panic over these losses is pathetic. 

There is no surprise we lost last night, nor to be honest against Bnmouth, even if we had kept 11 on the pitch.  We should bounce back in the next game, but there is a chance we could lose that too, QPR have got their juices flowing with two good away wins against Swansea and Middsbro. 

We've done the hard bit - getting promotion - and of course we want to carry on doing well and keeping the momentum going, but in reality, the players will have lost just a little bit of their edge after such a gruelling strange situation of a season.

Next season will take care of itself, we will be fresh, ready to have a good go at it and hopefully with all the players we want to keep staying. The PL is an unforgiving place, but we are in a much better place to give it a go than last time.  Yes, sides will attempt to bully us - but we have to be up for that challenge and play our way out of it. 

It's been a long, tough, cramped schedule this season, the lads have been flat out winning 13 of 15 games and all that without their fans to give them the edge at home. Our form was always going to tail off, especially with promotion confirmed, other teams have ebbed and flowed and we've come to our own break in form. We've still got 3 winnable games left, we'll go and get the 3 points against QPR, then we only need a point from the final two but in reality it is probably done with 3 more points. 

Every thread talks about how we were bullied in midfield and we were but people seem to think the Watford midfield were giants. They were not. 6 feet 1, 6 feet and 5 feet 9. It was attitude. Watford had everything to play for and they played like it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canaries north said:

Every thread talks about how we were bullied in midfield and we were but people seem to think the Watford midfield were giants. They were not. 6 feet 1, 6 feet and 5 feet 9. It was attitude. Watford had everything to play for and they played like it. 

That's a fair point but I think it's not just about height it is also physique and attitude. Cantwell is 5 feet 10 but is slight and  whilst brilliantly skilled I wouldn't be backing him in a fight against any of the Watford midfielders. Skipp is probably the strongest of our midfielders and the hardest tackler but he lacks the experience/professionalism/street sense that is required (or indeed perhaps that little touch of nastiness in his play).

Our midfield has lots of great attributes but there is a concern they struggle against stronger (not taller) midfields - especially in the Premier league where strength is also matched with skill and ability.

10 hours ago, Canaries north said:

Strength and athleticism is what we mean when we say Watford are 'physical. you get plenty of players who are big, or strong or pacy in the Championship and plenty of teams who are dirty and try to spoil the game but none of them are as athletic as Watford/Bournemouth and most PL teams. The Premier League is full of players who are a combination of all of those and can play a bit as well with the odd 40m+ player here and there. 

I'm not too worried about our lack of height, it's pace, strength, our ability to hold onto and shield the ball and our ability to dribble past players at pace that is more of an issue for me. Watford are built exactly like that, strong, pacy players who can beat a man and win challenges like most Premier League clubs. We're going to need to recruit some real aesthetes next year and honestly, I think at least one of them will need to play in our front 4 at the expense of a technical player. 

You can say “too good for the Championship but not good enough for the PL” when the season ends and Norwich might be relegated.

Right now, Norwich are still in the Championship, are still to recruit players for next season and are still yet to kick a PL ball...

So I don’t understand any conjecture playing into the sentence I opened this post with. Unless you’ve got a crystal ball or a DeLorean.

Why bring up negative POVs that are based entirely on nothing at this stage? Properly takes the good vibes kicking around right now. 

• Like 1

We need another new thread about this? It's only an ongoing discussion in at least half a dozen other threads.

And it's incredibly ill informed.

• Haha 1