cambridgeshire canary

Derby County taking a trip to the 3rd divison..

Although Rotherham have games in hand, only two are at home (Boro tomorrow and Blackburn on 1 May). They have to play Barnsley, Brentford, Luton and Cardiff away so not the kindest of fixtures. Derby meanwhile have Brum at home, Swansea away then Sheff Weds at home on the last day so arguably they look more favourable.

Rotherham got fairly tricky games. Derby’s last few look easier on paper. Think they’ll stay up just about.

29 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Never thought they would end up down there, but them Sunderland and Ipswich all ending up in League one does seems rather odd.

Not the first time in the third tier they were in Division 3 for two seasons in the early 80s.......

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

When it comes down to the crunch Clubs with nothing to play for might think it would be fun to see Derby in League 1.  I would fend it highly amusing and Paul Warne will be happy.  Also Wednesday who play Derby last game are in the hunt. 

16 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Ah the old "it was before my time" chestnut.............

Otherwise known as "binner glory years syndrome".

• Haha 1

In the interests of consigning ipswich to a 4th season in division 3 , provided sunderland dont go up this season, a league with Derby , Sheff Weds,Sunderland ,Charlton and Portsmouth and one or two others next season ,should ensure that...

Still three games in hand for Rotherham over Derby to close a four point gap. 

Wednesday four points behind but yet to play Derby - so win that and it's down 1 

Squeaky bum time isn't it? 

Final table ?

Wednesday   44    -19 GD

-----------------

Derby             44    - 20 GD

Rotherham   43

Wycombe     38

Rotherham just lost this evening.
They need 4 points from their 2 games in hand then to match Derby.

Unfortunately, I don't think that Rotherham have it in them to pick up 4 more points than Derby, although they did beat Derby themselves 3-0, when Norwich only just got past them 1-0 more recently.

I can't understand why Derby have struggled. They bought a Premier League standard centre forward from Ipswich a couple of years ago. Well that's what it says on TWTD.

Not surprising when you look at Derby's squad. There's not much to get excited about.

No problem with Rooney though. Great player and it'll be interesting to see how he does as a coach in the years to come.

On 20/04/2021 at 21:29, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm not a boomer I'm afraid 😢

The Boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 apparently. The Early '80s would mean Boomers were between 16 and 34. So technically, you could have been between say, 6 and 16 in the early '80's and still have recollection of the period.

So not entirely a "Boomer" thing.

Edited by chicken
  • Haha 1