Tonight proves the ongoing problem we have is that we are too weak and not mobile enough in midfield. The sooner Webber/Farke upgrades Kenny the better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kenny wasn’t at his best but still played some lovely passes. Watford are all big guys and we did indeed get bullied by them - it can’t be a coincidence that Emi/Todd weren’t as good as usual, nor was Skipp.

Kenny (Mr. Average) McLean. 

Gave the ball away repeatedly tonight. 

Hernandez and Placheta are fast but hopeless. 

We need some physicality.

The last two games are precursors for next season. 

Kenny had a much better game than Skipp. Our supposed contender for POTS has had two quite dreadful games, and tonight he was truly outplayed. Lots of credit in the bank of course, but not sure why you pick on Maclean when the whole team apart from Krul and Hanley played like they had hangovers.

• Like 2

Team wins promotion after being absolutely outstanding for an entire season and suddenly has 2 bad games against teams in red hot form gunning for promotion themselves.

Shock.

Honestly, some people have just been waiting for something to b!tch about haven't they?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We don’t seem able to beat the ex pl teams. It shows the minimum standard we need to progress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There were a few players below their best today, although Todd had a good game (poor finishing aside). Kenny didn't play well and neither did Skipp, which created problems at both ends. Watford's positioning without the ball was excellent, they managed to intercept the vast majority of our forward passes which is why the ball kept coming back at us.

5 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Team wins promotion after being absolutely outstanding for an entire season and suddenly has 2 bad games against teams in red hot form gunning for promotion themselves.

Shock.

Honestly, some people have just been waiting for something to b!tch about haven't they?

Unbelievable really

Edited by Coneys Knee
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Kenny wasn’t at his best but still played some lovely passes. Watford are all big guys and we did indeed get bullied by them - it can’t be a coincidence that Emi/Todd weren’t as good as usual, nor was Skipp.

You must have been watching a different game. I can’t remember McLean playing any sort of decent pass. Too much Irn-Bru Saturday night?

• Like 1

Get a grip, a team that was destroyed last season. Come back and have totally dominated the championship. City are promoted. The pressure is off, give the players a break and stop talking utter ****e. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Don’t be Krul said:

You must have been watching a different game. I can’t remember McLean playing any sort of decent pass. Too much Irn-Bru Saturday night?

He definitely did - re reading my post looks like I meant Kenny played well, but I wasn’t meaning that 

No, I think people are saying that too many were off their game.  That’s clearly a perfectly reasonable statement as it is true, for whatever reason - off colour? a bit mentally off ‘point’ as we know we’re up? that we tend to struggle against physical sides? partying too much? - I don’t know, but hopefully we can get oue mojo back for Sat.

Edited by Branston Pickle

32 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Tonight proves the ongoing problem we have is that we are too weak and not mobile enough in midfield. The sooner Webber/Farke upgrades Kenny the better. 

Kenny was our best player bar Hanley and Krul.

Clearly we need Skipp to renew or to be spending big there but Watford are a physical side so were always going to bully us.

Our passing game wasn't at our best tonight and we didn't really get the breaks we needed when we did get chances.

Add the fact that was fairly must win tonight for Watford and we'd been on the **** and you can see how they edged it but it was hardly a thrashing. A bit of luck and it could easily have been 1 nil the other way.

Ismael Sarr looked a cut above tonight as well. I think Giannoulis would have dealt with him better.

Hopefully back to winning ways at the weekend and we can get the title sealed then, if we don't, I don't really care, focussed on next season now.

• Like 2

Hughes and Cleverley are a couple of physical ****s, happy to be unpopular and play on the edge. We are going to have to learn to play like that from time to time.

We are better side than Watford but it's no coincidence they always beat us. 

• Like 1

'The players are on the pi$$, they think it's all over.....' 

Edited by Ramrod

1 hour ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

Lol two losses and suddenly they are all rubbish and need dropping. 

Some real nutty, unrealistic, stupid comments on here tonight.

Get a grip. 

Nobody is saying they were all rubbish and need replacing but let’s not kid ourselves that we have addressed all the issues that saw us relegated last time. There is work to do this summer. 

Skipp may of been unnerved by Tottenham ESL situation given he's a England U21.

However we can make excuses for tonight but unlike Bournemouth we never really played, or to be frank, were allowed to play our game. 

Watford did what we saw many a time last season which is why we are all a bit concerned. Yes we were bullied and generally second best almost everywhere.

47 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hughes and Cleverley are a couple of physical ****s, happy to be unpopular and play on the edge. We are going to have to learn to play like that from time to time.

We are better side than Watford but it's no coincidence they always beat us. 

thought Cleverley really showed his prem class tonight. was an irritating POS throughout but knew where to draw the line

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Nobody is saying they were all rubbish and need replacing but let’s not kid ourselves that we have addressed all the issues that saw us relegated last time. There is work to do this summer. 

2 of the usual back 4 weren't playing which has been a key part of our transition don't forget.

I do think Aarons will be gone for £30m and we'll look to try something a bit different and more pragmatic for the prem. I'd love Sam Byram to get back to fitness somehow as he really looked the part in the prem

Can we worry about next season later?

There are three games left to hopefully enjoy.

Can't agree about Kenny. I thought he was our only midfield player tonight. Even Emi was anonymous. Todd clearly was injured.

But do agree that we were bullied out of it tonight.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

2 of the usual back 4 weren't playing which has been a key part of our transition don't forget.

I do think Aarons will be gone for £30m and we'll look to try something a bit different and more pragmatic for the prem. I'd love Sam Byram to get back to fitness somehow as he really looked the part in the prem

Back 4 was not the issue tonight. Was in midfield. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Back 4 was not the issue tonight. Was in midfield. 

I’d wager pretty strongly we’d have had Rupp in the 10 spot rather than Dowell tonight if we could.

Perhaps McLean should’ve been pushed forward and Sorenson in at CM for Dowell?

With Skipp, Buendia and Cantwell together in midfield that’s three pretty small players... And McClean isn’t particularly tall. I’m sure that has an impact when playing against large teams like Watford. 

Edited by Grando

As I keep mentioning on here, provided Bournemouth lose the playoffs, I'd go for Billing from then. He'd be ideal in the middle for us

42 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

As I keep mentioning on here, provided Bournemouth lose the playoffs, I'd go for Billing from then. He'd be ideal in the middle for us

I hope Bournemouth do lose in the play-offs, I don't think they will though.

Quintilla looked overwhelmed and Skipp flatfooted. It's ok to have an off game every now and then. We should plan for it. We're not quite up to it.

The result flattered us. Our record against our future relegation competition (let's be realistic) is poor.

I look at Max and despite him always being atleast solid and usually very good, I think that it might be better for his career to play elsewhere and better for us to get money to buy barndoors with pace.

We have excess technicality and creativity where these qualities are secondary. We already have Pukki, Buendia and Cantwell. We need rugby players who accidentally took up football. The fact Hanley does relatively better against PL tier forwards should tell us something.

Edited by Upo

Seems we’re scapegoating McClean. A bit harsh because other than Hanley none of players got anywhere near their best. So many heavy touches , under/over cooked or misplaced passes and lack of composure was on display last night from everyone. We just didn’t play well at all and never got our game going. There were flashes of it but no consistency over 90 minutes and 0-1 flattered us. It’s hard to know how to judge the performance because Watford were in far greater need of the points than we were and they may have been a hangover from clinching promotion. I can see why some are worried. We are going to face this level of opposition and better every game next season. The two games against Watford and the defeat to Swansea have been poor. We need to be better in these games. Not that we have to blow them away but they are must not lose fixtures and over the past 2 seasons we’ve lost too many of them. Let’s not get carried away though, it’s been a brilliant season and we should enjoy promotion and fingers crossed another title before we start to worry about the PL

Edited by seanthecanary