Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

***** NCFC v Watford 100% official match thread *****

15 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

Goes to show how football is about opinions. I’m watching the game and totally understanding why we signed another left back. Quintilla doesn’t look comfortable at all to me and was fortunate not to have given a penalty away

Quintilla started the game well, but fell away defensively after about 20 mins. I had said as much afterwards so don’t disagree with you there!

22 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Dowell has been decent, it’s just unfortunate for him he gets compared to Buendia and Cantwell, two of our strongest players in the side

Dowell will prove his worth next season.Only just come back from injury.Give the fella a break!!

The way we’re playing isn’t this a game for Hugill? Plan B? I’d take Dowell or Cantwell off for Hugill. Go two up top and four across the midfield.

Skipp has been good. Just watching him this season he has developed a lot. He came in as a very capable CDM who didnt contribute much in the offensive, mostly just letting Kenny distribute the ball forward. Nowadays Skipp moves forward more, tries more ambitious passes and occassionally puts his head down and runs 20-30 meters with the ball. He said in an interview that Farke wanted him to participate more in the offensive. 

This makes you realize why players tend to improve so much under Farke. I dont think its a coincidence, that Buendia, Pukki, Stieperman, hanley etc etc are all playing the best football of their career  for Norwich

Not our best first half. Watford seem a one-trick pony, constantly giving the ball to Sarr. I think they’ll be vulnerable late on though, by playing a high constant press. As we’re keeping it at 0-0, there’s a good chance we can get a 1-0 win.

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Quintilla started the game well, but fell away defensively after about 20 mins. I had said as much afterwards so don’t disagree with you there!

I’m probably being a bit harsh though. He’s is up against one of the leagues best players without playing much football in months. 

We have more quality to win the game. Luckily Sarr's final shot/pass not quite there. A tight game and a good test.

There has been a couple of times where we have 2 defenders (1 with the ball) and the next 5 players are Watford. We must be quicker with the transition and make them turn

13 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

If there was any doubt Quintilla is coming up with us, it's removed tonight. 

Scapegoat being prepared if we lose!He's got a bloody hard task against possibly the best winger in the league!!

1 minute ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Scapegoat being prepared if we lose!He's got a bloody hard task against possibly the best winger in the league!!

There’s better wingers in the prem though 

How many of our other players had posters on their back after their first couple of appearances? Give Xavi a few games before condemning him!

6 minutes ago, NWC said:

There’s better wingers in the prem though 

missread your posts sorry

Edited by shruk4

Just now, Indy said:

The way we’re playing isn’t this a game for Hugill? Plan B? I’d take Dowell or Cantwell off for Hugill. Go two up top and four across the midfield.

I've  passed message on to Farke

17 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Dowell will prove his worth next season.Only just come back from injury.Give the fella a break!!

Eh? He's been fit since January. 

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Dowell or Cantwell???

Is that a serious choice?

Cantwell gets involved in every aspect of the game.

The game completely bypasses Dowell.

• Like 1