Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

***** NCFC v Watford 100% official match thread *****

This is a real test for next season, these were the sort of games we really struggled with last time around so need to push through, also not a good look of we lose all 4 games against fellow relegated teams

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Is Dowell on the pitch 

Doesn’t look like it

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Great opportunity to play the “slag your favourite scapegoat” game tonight, fill your boots😁

Looks like it’s Dowell 😂

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I see what you did there. Really clever.

Corrected that for you. 

Thanks corkio! 😊 

Just now, Monty13 said:

Looks like it’s Dowell 😂

So bizarre, the only one of our front 4 whos really been involved so far is Cantwell. And I think Dowell has been more involved than Pukki and Buendia so far?

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

So bizarre, the only one of our front 4 whos really been involved so far is Cantwell. And I think Dowell has been more involved than Pukki and Buendia so far?

For me its just that usually I dont notice Dowell at all. He is so average looking. Meanwhile Cantwell and Buendia keep doing nice flicks, tricks and dribbles. I suppose since the wingers cut inside all the time there isnt much room for the no 10. player to shine. Also he doesnt contribute as much in  defense as Rupp, he doesnt do as many sharp passes as Vrancic. Meek freekick from Dowell just now btw.

Dowell is good, but he doesnt really scream "premier league quality" does he?

Cantwell has been involved in a lot, need to get Buendia on the ball. He has been too anonymous so far

3 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

For me its just that usually I dont notice Dowell at all. He is so average looking. Meanwhile Cantwell and Buendia keep doing nice flicks, tricks and dribbles. I suppose since the wingers cut inside all the time there isnt much room for the no 10. player to shine. Also he doesnt contribute as much in  defense as Rupp, he doesnt do as many sharp passes as Vrancic. Meek freekick from Dowell just now btw.

Dowell is good, but he doesnt really scream "premier league quality" does he?

Dowell has been decent, it’s just unfortunate for him he gets compared to Buendia and Cantwell, two of our strongest players in the side

• Like 2

Can someone explain how the momentum has shifted so sharply in this match, first 15-20 minutes complete dominance from Watford. And last 10 minutes Norwich have dominated. Is it just that they started in a higher gear and when we just had energy to get on the ball we stareted dominating?

1 minute ago, shruk4 said:

Can someone explain how the momentum has shifted so sharply in this match, first 15-20 minutes complete dominance from Watford. And last 10 minutes Norwich have dominated. Is it just that they started in a higher gear and when we just had energy to get on the ball we stareted dominating?

Alcohol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Quintilla doing pretty well so far defensively 

Sarr being given far too much room. He is the main threat and Quintilla is nowhere near him.

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

Alcohol

Couple of liveners at half time, we’ll be a different team in the second half.

• Haha 1

Sounds like we've started to get going. Victory would be great, but will be more than happy with a draw as all we'll need is to not lose any more than one of our remaining three games, or for Watford to fail to win one of their's

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Alcohol

ahh so the pre game beers are only kicking in now?

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Sarr being given far too much room. He is the main threat and Quintilla is nowhere near him.

Yep was just thinking the same thing, last few mins Quintilla really let his grip go

10 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Quintilla doing pretty well so far defensively 

Goes to show how football is about opinions. I’m watching the game and totally understanding why we signed another left back. Quintilla doesn’t look comfortable at all to me and was fortunate not to have given a penalty away