Sign in to follow this  
duke63

Jose sacked

Jose will no doubt say he played the "I went in there and told them if we become part of this Superleague nonsense I'm off..." card; in return Spurs played the "That's handy, we've had your stuff packed and ready to go for quite a while..." card. 🤔🤣

Apples

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Actually, am hearing that it was linked to his refusal/dislike of the Super League, rather than results.  If so, kudos to the man. 

Yes, heard that also.

Lets face it, the posters on here who can remember the last time Spurs won the league have all had their 2nd jabs.

'I bet 1p5wich fans are getting  excited now.  Perfect fit.'

But is he 'big' enough for them ?

One of the most lunatic decisions I have ever seen a club take in football was Spurs getting rid of Pocchetino and replacing him with Mourinho. 

• Like 1

It is interesting how the ‘big 6’ has changed from when the PL breakaway happened in 1990 - that was the ‘big 5’ that included Everton but not Chelsea or Man City (as they were crap at the time).  In a nutshell, this shows one fundamental problem with the current plans - some things stay the same but other things change over time, which is how it should be. 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Actually, am hearing that it was linked to his refusal/dislike of the Super League, rather than results.  If so, kudos to the man. 

Says they are not linked according to the BBC plus all the coaching staff have gone too.

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I would be really interested to know what the respective managers and mostly the players think of the Super League idea at the clubs who signed up for it.  

As for Jose, this comes as no surprise.  For a start this always seemed an unlikely pairing.  Secondly, fans will only put with negative tactics if it gets the desired result be it avoiding relegation, promotion, qualifying for Europe or winning trophies.  In most cases though if we see our clubs lose matches, we'd rather see that they lost trying to win as opposed to not doing enough. It's why we enjoyed the PL with Lambert. 

Edited by seanthecanary

Who next for Spuds? Paul Lambert is a free agent now, isn't he?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

One of the most lunatic decisions I have ever seen a club take in football was Spurs getting rid of Pocchetino and replacing him with Mourinho. 

Not to mention then sacking Mourinho days before their first cup final under his tenure, when he was brought in to win trophies...really doubling down on the stupidity there.

But yes, Levy should've gone for another progressive coach in the first place rather than totally ripping up what Pocchetino created, a Ralph Hasenhüttl or Bielsa type? 

23 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Not to mention then sacking Mourinho days before their first cup final under his tenure, when he was brought in to win trophies...really doubling down on the stupidity there.

But yes, Levy should've gone for another progressive coach in the first place rather than totally ripping up what Pocchetino created, a Ralph Hasenhüttl or Bielsa type? 

Or just kept faith with Pocchetino - yeah, they were on a bad run, but surely Pocchetino had earned the right to be given time to put it right. Still, it's Spurs, I don't really care. 

14 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Or just kept faith with Pocchetino - yeah, they were on a bad run, but surely Pocchetino had earned the right to be given time to put it right. Still, it's Spurs, I don't really care. 

I think things had come to a bit of a natural end really, 6-7 seasons with the same coach with little to no player movements - particularly when considering the core players. I can see why Levy wanted to freshen things up but certainly not in the way he did.

But yes in retrospect maybe backing Poch would’ve been the best way, but this would’ve required a clear out of the core group and lots of £££, something which was maybe not seen as necessary if one new face at the top could reinvigorate the current group instead.