Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Next seasons Premier League is looking great!

Yep, looks like a competitive league for the first time in years and if The Big Sh*ts take their referees with them it'll be a level playing field on matchday too. They'll likely do a **** Turpin for the tv cash but I'd back our club to adapt given our recent record and structure. 

52 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

prem.png

Not sure what everyone is moaning about- Looks like a much more fun and enjoyable divison to me😉

Just one little change for me...and that would be a minimum ground capacity rule for membership of 12,500 😉 #just saying

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 2

Presumably the champions league (4 places) and Europa League (3 placed) ...plus the new Europa conference league will still take place?..... we might have a bit of a chance of qualifying for Europe?????

Meh. I could live with this

(Tell you lies, tell you sweet little lies.... I’ve been super-league-excited about this happening for years )

To be honest I think this could be the best thing for all parties, including the so called big 6. 

The rest of us could all have a competitive league which every team has a chance of winning and teams from outside the Premier can see something realistic to aspire to.

The big 6 can go off and play each other ad infinitum and keep all the big bucks they think their new compitition would generate. Their glory hunter fans and prawn sandwich munchers would be in their element.

I'm all for it. 

• Like 1

If the miraculous happened and that was the league.

For anyone who wins it, how long would it take for it to be tarnished by the media and general public pointing out they won a PL without the "big six" 

Not that I'd care. Having that silverware in the cabinet would be worth it 😂

Kick the greasy f******s out and carry on with top six from the championship......would be far more competitive and fun for the supporters.

Mind you with their huge history maybe the binners would be joining the big new European League too!

It is looking great. On the other hand a fleating glance at it you could be forgiven for thinking you were looking at the Championship!

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It is looking great. On the other hand a fleating glance at it you could be forgiven for thinking you were looking at the Championship!

Only Everton have not played in the chumps. 

4 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

To be honest I think this could be the best thing for all parties, including the so called big 6. 

The rest of us could all have a competitive league which every team has a chance of winning and teams from outside the Premier can see something realistic to aspire to.

The big 6 can go off and play each other ad infinitum and keep all the big bucks they think their new compitition would generate. Their glory hunter fans and prawn sandwich munchers would be in their element.

I'm all for it. 

Well said. A Spurs fan asked me to sign a petition this morning. He was shocked when I said no. I can't wait to see the back of them. The remaining clubs should make it very clear that they won't be able to come back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

I'm all for it. 

Agreed. German and French clubs need to be there though otherwise UEFA champions league will be a farce and may as well default straight to a final of Bayern v PSG.

I'm all for it so long as done properly. It's a fantastic opportunity to take football to the global stage. Europe is only just the start.

15 hours ago, interwebme said:

Sheffield still deserve to be relegated

Was going to post something similar, beat me to it!

There'd have to be some mad playoffs between the bottom 3 current PL teams and the top half of the champs. 

Auto places should still go up. And then a massive battle royale for the rest. 

52 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

You don’t really think the big six will be kicked out of the Premier League do you 🤔

Yes I do.

The so called 'big 6' have ceased playing football but are now playing the stock market.

I suspect in time it will become a meaningless competition for clubs businesses that where famous once - as some body mentioned like the Harlem Globe Trotters.

With appropriate sanctions i.e. no international player appearances it will become the place where players end up at the end of their careers as a nice sinecure. The Twilight League.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Thanks 1

Just tie work permits to being in a Uefa sanctioned league.   

They can all join but with english players only. 

On 19/04/2021 at 09:19, sonyc said:

Just one little change for me...and that would be a minimum ground capacity rule for membership of 12,500 😉 #just saying

Also ban teams who try to get to the top of the league by suddenly deciding that AFC is an important part of their name.

Just said much the same on the other thread.

How about a petition from the current chumps top 6 fans supporting the expulsion if the big 6.

Might just get a few signatures.

Plus Portsmouth Lincoln and Doncaster fans getting into the chumps. Not the binners obviously.

Plus forest green rovers etc from league 2

Then we can get Jeff stelling on board as Hartlepool would be back on the EFL.

Pandoras box.

One small point though - we have all banged on about the lack of 'sporting integrity' with the ESL concept yet here we are keeping the bottom three in the PL and promoting all the top six in the Chumpionship? You can argue it's .....'needs must' but it doesn't sit well does it!!

FAR more important (and I'm not sure it's been covered yet) and that is where exactly does all this stuff leave us bearing in mind that this circus COULD start as early as 'next season' (i.e. August!!).  Now it may be far fetched to assume it could get off the ground that quickly but what's to stop it unless the managers, players and fans turn round and (effectively) 'withdraw their labour' whereupon these billionaires would quickly realise that (just for once) all their cash would suddenly be rendered totally impotent. A football club (however 'massive') cannot operate without it's main resource i.e. players and management team. Klopp and the Liverpool players could bring FSG down if they really wanted to. 

Back to us - what the hell is going to happen to the PL if the 'big six' leave / get kicked out before next season? Sky and BT would certainly renege on the existing contract which would be effectively null and void anyway in that scenario. That being the case, NCFC would have no idea what (if any) TV income we would receive and could not sign any new players until some certainty was forthcoming. A very significant concern one would suggest??