Jersey Canary

Super League Benefit

If it goes ahead and the 6 clubs are removed from the PL then this will make Norwich a top 20 club (the club’s objective).  We will benefit from a reduced TV deal (let’s say half £50m pa) which is more than the Championship, we don’t have debt, a high wage bill. We would have a better chance of staying up, a better chance of winning something and thriving.

Just a thought.

PS I am against the new SL proposal for the sake of the collective.

What's the point in playing in competitions the best clubs in the country aren't interested in? It makes the whole pyramid pointless, there is not a single positive.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

What's the point in playing in competitions the best clubs in the country aren't interested in? It makes the whole pyramid pointless, there is not a single positive.

In my view those clubs are already operating on a different planet to the rest. This would merely formalise the situation , showing up the grotesqueness of it all of course, but being entirely true to their nature

This is that they are international consumer products (who just happen to have a history of competing in traditional football)

Edited by GenerationA47

A better way to do this would be to have the teams who win each division compete in a kind of European super league where all the champions face off to be the best team in Europe.

As it's a battle of Champions, maybe they could call it... the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE?! How about that?! Heard it here first...

• Haha 1

Enough is enough.

These wnakers, and lets not absolve some of the fans of these clubs, have pushed and pushed so that the game is now worse than it has ever been.

That idiot Pearson wouldn't have got away with his screaming and acting without change for the worse.

Time to push back.

Thank god we got promoted this season is all I can say, these big clubs are throwing proper football in the mud.

Let's at least be a little bit honest and admit the main reason we get £150m in prem money is because of the plastic fans these big 6 clubs come with. FWIW I'd rather build a team the way we have than have a load of expensive mercenaries that play for themselves anyway.

The trouble is it devalues the competitions we would be fighting in. We're about to win the first division trophy for the second time in 3 years, before 1992 that would have been the biggest prize in English football, now, nobody outside of our club really cares and teams in this division are just as happy with finishing second because the trophy is seen as meaningless as it is no longer the top prize, likewise if this super league is created winning the Premier League or finishing high up in that division will not be seen as much of a big deal and to be realistic, we will never be able to get into what would be now seen as the real top division given the competition from around the world. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

I am certain this Super League will not happen. It’s no coincidence it comes mere days after all the clubs involved were at a meeting discussing a revamped Champions League. It’s a power play by top clubs to force UEFAs hand and keep them at an unfair advantage.

Edited by seanthecanary

Think it boils down to FIFA' s ability and willingness to bar selected players from playing in their national teams.

I'm not sure they are able to legally. Maybe. However, I am very doubtful of their willingness to stand up for anything. Remember the next world cup is built literally by slaves and FIFA is ok with it.

Welcome to American Soccer! 20 franchise league... Money down and you are In the game...  

I can't wait for the rename of Manchester United to Manchester Devil Hawks... They have all that fun.. Away matches for fans will be just a bore. Always midweek. 

Leave them to it. Football fans will walk. I would be happy to state, I would go support GY Town over Norwich in this stupid league concept. 

I do want away trips to Southend or Torquay from a random cup draw.