BlueHope76

Congratulations...

Hello, binner in peace here...

I just wanted to say congratulations on your well deserved promotion. I say this through gritted teeth but it was thoroughly deserved, lets be honest you won the league at a canter and played some fantastic football along the way.

I have watched a few of your games this season and you are the real deal,  with the right additions in the summer I can see you surviving quite comfortably next season. As you know your rivals down the road are...well...no longer rivals at all because we are light years behind you currently. I have some hope that in a few years we might be able to provide competitive derby opposition once again but I believe we will have to climb two divisions to do so.  Congratulations once again. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

A binner writing half a dozen lines, and more, without using the word 'history'  is unusual as well.

If that's a gennuine O/P then thanks chappie and it makes a welcome change from all the jealousy and/or churlishness that some of their unwashed have been exhibiting of late.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The OP is genuine. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat and say 'well played'. 

I can't say I am not just a little bit jealous but no point in being bitter and twisted and the whole 'history' argument is weak so you won't see me bleating about that. In any case I started going in 1984 just as we were getting rubbish so missed the best period anyway! 😅

What do you think you will need to stay up then? From what I have seen it is probably critical that you strengthen at centre half and also add a bit of physicality in midfield, assuming you don't lose anybody I think that will be enough to see you comfortably in mid table.

Just now, BlueHope76 said:

The OP is genuine. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat and say 'well played'. 

I can't say I am not just a little bit jealous but no point in being bitter and twisted and the whole 'history' argument is weak so you won't see me bleating about that. In any case I started going in 1984 just as we were getting rubbish so missed the best period anyway! 😅

What do you think you will need to stay up then? From what I have seen it is probably critical that you strengthen at centre half and also add a bit of physicality in midfield, assuming you don't lose anybody I think that will be enough to see you comfortably in mid table.

Apologies for my fellows bad grace. Your congratulations are accepted in the spirit they were offered.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Back up forward 

CDM 

Number 10 

Winger 

Center half

Right back (Aarons will be gone I think) 

Resign nyland

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Apologies for my fellows bad grace. Your congratulations are accepted in the spirit they were offered.

Add my contrafibulations to that.

• Like 1

I don't care if the OP is from Ipswich or Timbuctoo, an honest congrats is always welcome. We deserve to be champions, and hope we can wrap that up against Watford or soon after, but it's great we're back and Webber can start weaving his magic plans early!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueHope76 said:

Hello, binner in peace here...

I just wanted to say congratulations on your well deserved promotion. I say this through gritted teeth but it was thoroughly deserved, lets be honest you won the league at a canter and played some fantastic football along the way.

I have watched a few of your games this season and you are the real deal,  with the right additions in the summer I can see you surviving quite comfortably next season. As you know your rivals down the road are...well...no longer rivals at all because we are light years behind you currently. I have some hope that in a few years we might be able to provide competitive derby opposition once again but I believe we will have to climb two divisions to do so.  Congratulations once again. 

Hi BlueHope

I also accept your congratulations in the spirit it is offered.

Thanks.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Thank you for the kind words. I now feel a sudden desire to create a thread on TWTD and offer my good wishes to the club. 

Steady on now..........don't get carried away by the euphoria of our moment of triumph 😃

14 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Steady on now..........don't get carried away by the euphoria of our moment of triumph 😃

I’m sure my comments would go down well, would they not.:.?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

You might last an hour if you are lucky before the abuse would start and a ban would be issued very swiftly afterwards.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You might last an hour if you are lucky before the abuse would start and a ban would be issued very swiftly afterwards.

ROFL..........not so sure about that tbh as I think that they're more concerned with their previous manager's assertion that he "left the club in a more than decent place " ...........and he's correct of course as League 1 is indeed more than decent for them 🤣

2 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Thank you for the kind words. I now feel a sudden desire to create a thread on TWTD and offer my good wishes to the club. 

Ha, not sure that's a good idea, there are some very odd creatures on there! I think 13 years of utter dross does strange things to your average football fan!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Ha, not sure that's a good idea, there are some very odd creatures on there! I think 13 years of utter dross does strange things to your average football fan!

Indeed Blue Hope76. Many thanks for your congratulations on our promotion. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

"In light of our recently confirmed promotion to the Premier League (again, I know!), I just wanted to wish you good luck after another failed season in the third tier of English Football with our sloppy seconds as manager. Hopefully the bald scouse bloke who's already losing his voice and will to live will push you to a top half finish"

Yeah, can see it going well..