Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Wanting Norwich to lose in not in the spirit of a true fan!!!

I am surprised over the number of people saying they would gladly see Norwich lose if it meant Worthy got sacked. Just how many games would you see us lose in order for that to be achieved?? Now I''m not saying I wouldn''t be pleased if Worthy got sacked if we lost again but that''s very different from actively wanting us to lose in order to achieve this goal. To me losing a game is the ultimate hurt in football and any defeat is hard to stomach. To me a true fan would always put a victory as a higher priority than anything else. Don''t get me wrong I''m not saying you guys aren''t proper fans - It''s not my place to judge. I don''t think any of us should be judging each others ability to be a supporter etc but in my eyes wanting a defeat is not in the spirit of supporting a side.

I am also worried because I don''t think the board are ready to sack Worthy yet. Losing games therefore could really get us into trouble. As I''ve said before, what happens if the board decide to give him until the end of the season, we keep losing and get relegated. What is to say a new manager coming in will turn things around instantly. Each defeat from here could be very costly. I can''t imagine any of you would happily see us relegated to get rid of Worthy?? Some of you are saying that we have lost a lot already this season and therefore one more defeat if it means Worthy out would be irrelevant. I disagree wholeheartedly. To me we have already lost far too many games this season and I desperately don''t want to see us lose any more. Because of our form so far each defeat becomes harder to take and hurts more.

I do not believe we should have to see our team lose any more in order for Worthy to be sacked. Sadly the board seem to think otherwise.They should be able to see that we would be better off without Worthy. Even if they don''t there is no way I am going to start HOPING we lose. Saying that seeing Worthy sacked after saturday would be very welcome!!! Come on fans lets put pressure on the board to sack Worthy so they have to take notice irrespective of league results from here!!

Quite right Alex.

It is cowardly and is in the condition of the attention seeker.

I think you''ll find people who do this type of thing actually have low self esteem.

Well said. Everbody should want the club to do well as a first priority. In my opinion NW should go, but i want us too win and if we do and we have a good run with him in charge, its all the better.

I''m afraid i don''t agree.  The only way we are going to get rid of Worthy is to pretty much lose every game - if it meant having to lose the next three or four games to achieve this, then i for one would back it.  I realise i will probably get chastised for having this view but i believe its the only way forward - short term pain for long term gain if you like.

If we do lose our next four games (i don''t think we will but hey who knows the way this cXXp season has gone) Worthys position will be untennable and even our pathetic board will hve to act.

As for this pre-conception that there''s no worthy replacement for him (excuse the pun) thats a myth, there are loads of potential managers who would come here like a shot: Newell, Parkinson, Crook, Williams,Boothroyd (mychoice), Eriksson !!? lol.

Times are of a changing.

OTBC

Until October/November if City lost any game it would hurt like hell and resulted in many sleepless nights, however know I couldn''t give a stuff and it is when we win I get upset as it is another reprieve for Worthy which the Board will grasp like a drowning man.  How I enjoyed Watford''s last gasp winner and the Ipswich result, we got what we deserved.  And last minute defeats hurt so much more to the committed.

You have to take your enjoyment where you can find it.

Have to say i would much rather we keep losing now untill hes gone , we cannot make the play offs now so if one good thing is going to come out of this season then it has to be Worthless being shown the door.How hes still in a job only our weak Board know , obviously dinner invites come before the welfare of the club these days .

What about for the greater good though?  For the first time (I think EVER in the 12 years I''ve had a season ticket) I really don''t give a toss anymore.  I''m not upset when we lose, I''m not delighted when we win.  This lack of passion is due to the fact that nothing is going to change.  If we beat Hull tomorrow, I''ll be pleased of course.  But I know it won''t lead to a promotion push.  If we lose tomorrow, I know it won''t spell the end of Nigel''s time here. 

"How I enjoyed Watford''s last gasp winner and the Ipswich result, we got what we deserved."

what?????? its one thing willing us to lose for the good of the club in the long term, although i think that is appalling too, but for someone to enjoy us losing?????

i am lost for words.

[quote user="pete"]

Until October/November if City lost any game it would hurt like hell and resulted in many sleepless nights, however know I couldn''t give a stuff and it is when we win I get upset as it is another reprieve for Worthy which the Board will grasp like a drowning man.  How I enjoyed Watford''s last gasp winner and the Ipswich result, we got what we deserved.  And last minute defeats hurt so much more to the committed.

You have to take your enjoyment where you can find it.

[/quote] Well if you couldn''t give a stuff then why don''t you go and support someone else! Ok our season has been pretty bad but if one bad season, (even two if you count last season) is enough to make you feel like this then that''s pretty pathetic support if you ask me!

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]Have to say i would much rather we keep losing now untill hes gone , we cannot make the play offs now so if one good thing is going to come out of this season then it has to be Worthless being shown the door.How hes still in a job only our weak Board know , obviously dinner invites come before the welfare of the club these days .[/quote] What happens if the board have given him until the end of the season?? Losing until he''s gone would mean relegation!!!

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

"How I enjoyed Watford''s last gasp winner and the Ipswich result, we got what we deserved."

what?????? its one thing willing us to lose for the good of the club in the long term, although i think that is appalling too, but for someone to enjoy us losing?????

i am lost for words.

[/quote]

If you look at Pete''s previous posts, you would not be too surprised to see him come out with this tosh.  Supporter?  Not in my dictionary.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Kolin Kob"]

i am lost for words.

[/quote]

If you look at Pete''s previous posts, you would not be too surprised to see him come out with this tosh.  Supporter?  Not in my dictionary.

[/quote]

Its hard to ever be wrong when you never have an opinion on anything.

DumbleDelia is Magic wrote

What about for the greater good though?  For the first time (I think EVER in the 12 years I''ve had a season ticket) I really don''t give a toss anymore.  I''m not upset when we lose, I''m not delighted when we win.  This lack of passion is due to the fact that nothing is going to change.  If we beat Hull tomorrow, I''ll be pleased of course.  But I know it won''t lead to a promotion push.  If we lose tomorrow, I know it won''t spell the end of Nigel''s time here. 

Exactly DD. In a nutshell, and what a sad indictment. It is like being in a turgid football induced coma.

Talking of tosh, Dicky, where have you been during the past few days, following our defeat at the hands of the Ipswich (youth) team? 

Difficult one this.

Norwich win win win win win= Worthy stays. A once per season occurrence? But we''d all be happy. Exciting.

Norwich  win lose draw lose win/draw= Worthy stays. Not good. Mid table mediocrity. Dull.

Norwich lose win lose draw lose= Worthy goes. Fresh blood. Re-energised. New ideas. Exciting.

I can see why some plump for number 3 if you don''t reckon number 1 is achievable. Doesn''t make them not a fan, just looking at short term pain for long term gain.

u all know my verdict on worthless.....

I dont like to see us lose games though....

what is the point of football if ur not going to win???? even a "nothing end of season" game or a pre season friendly is there to be won... if i was a manager then i would instill into my players that you win, anything else is failure....

Much as id love to see worthers ut of work we have a job to do... i dont really want to be seeing League 1 football next season but if Worthys ineptitude takes us down again then so be it... he would surely get the sack that would mean. personally i feel he will get the chop at the end of the season unless we get sucked so far into the relegation mire the board make the cut throat decision (pfft!!!) that someone knew might just save us in time.

3 points today and Worthy out!

jas :)