cambridgeshire canary

The Swansea/Brentford/Watford thread

4 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

As Swansea were never going to match our current points total this would be a pleasing yet irrelevant result for us.

I think Swansea could have overtaken us as could Brentford.

As it stands Swansea now can't catch us if they lose and Brentford can't catch us if they don't win. As things stand we would be promoted before we play Bournemouth

Just now, Mullet said:

I think Swansea could have overtaken us as could Brentford.

As it stands Swansea now can't catch us if they lose and Brentford can't catch us if they don't win. As things stand we would be promoted before we play Bournemouth

Cheers Jeff 👍

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

As Swansea were never going to match our current points total this would be a pleasing yet irrelevant result for us.

At the start of today's game they were 15 points behind with 5 to play. So theoretically they could have caught us

9 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Common Luton! Let’s see Brentford close that gap now....

They've been pretty poor so far to be honest. Only one clear cut chance and that was smashed into the side netting. Lots of possession but no cutting edge. Hope they can win it though, I want us to go up on our own terms by winning tonight, not because Brentford and Millwall have drawn 6 hours before we play.

4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

They've been pretty poor so far to be honest. Only one clear cut chance and that was smashed into the side netting. Lots of possession but no cutting edge. Hope they can win it though, I want us to go up on our own terms by winning tonight, not because Brentford and Millwall have drawn 6 hours before we play.

Not a chance, I want us to win this by as big a margin as possible. Let them all lose

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I am happy if we are promoted before we play.  We will have gone up on our own terms based on all the excellent work/results we have achieved this season.

• Like 2

If we get promoted before tonight, it may add a little bit more freedom with our play tonight (not that we seem phased by anyone tbh) and could be a big plus

2 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

I am happy if we are promoted before we play.  We will have gone up on our own terms based on all the excellent work/results we have achieved this season.

Exactly.

1 minute ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Exactly this. Plus, it’s all about the title now and for that reason I am putting all my hope on Luton doing their part to edge us a little closer.

• Like 1

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

Penalty Luton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? Really? Please don’t be kidding me on and please if true don’t miss luton

18 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Yes they could. Win all their five games they get 90.

Not going to happen now. Just need Brentford to draw/lose. Coming up to 80 mins played and they've not had a shot on target.

Anyone fancy updating me on the scorelines? Busy watching the Newcastle/West Ham match (hell of a match I must say!) and too scared to check

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

If Watford lose, and we beat Bournemouth, we will need a point on Wednesday for the title. If we fail to win tonight then we need to beat Watford for the title (or 5 points from our other games including tonight)

Edited by kick it off