cambridgeshire canary

The Swansea/Brentford/Watford thread

Today's dilemma will be if the results go our way at 12:30 and we are up without playing will you be respectful to HRH Prince Philip and wait until after his funeral before you start to celebrate?

7 minutes ago, sillysausage said:

Well spotted CC

😄 Leave the chap alone. He's as enthusiastic as the rest of us, but with knobs on.

You missed the fact that ITFC were also in action today though CC. 

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Today's dilemma will be if the results go our way at 12:30 and we are up without playing will you be respectful to HRH Prince Philip and wait until after his funeral before you start to celebrate?

I get the feeling he would tell us not to be so daft and celebrate.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

😄 Leave the chap alone. He's as enthusiastic as the rest of us, but with knobs on.

You missed the fact that ITFC were also in action today though CC. 

and also the team above us could get relegated today.

11 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Nope 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Nope 🤷‍♂️ 

There's two hours of syncronised knitting on Estonian TV starting at 1500.

I think I'll give it a try.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Without wanting to sound disrespectful towards Philip, there are thousands of funerals every day in the UK of people I have never met. The level of respect I have for Philip is no higher or lower than it is for the rest of them. Condolences to his friends and family, but it will not impact on my life or my day any more than the other funerals that take place in the country today.

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

There's two hours of syncronised knitting on Estonian TV starting at 1500.

I think I'll give it a try.

Think I'll join you. But could someone please send me a quick message if it looks like kicking off at the funeral. Or if the FBI turns up outside.

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Think I'll join you. But could someone please send me a quick message if it looks like kicking off at the funeral. Or if the FBI turns up outside.

Or if Elton John has a part in the ceremony.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

I'm planning to start drinking in the next half hour. If we're up by 2pm I'll push on through to our game and beyond. If we're not, I'll be asleep by 3pm. I can't lose. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Or if Elton John has a part in the ceremony.

That's as good a reason as any to avoid it.

I'm presuming there will be no way to watch any of the 12.30pm matches unless you have an iFollow account with any of the clubs that are playing? Doubt there will even be radio commentary seeing as there's a PL match happening at the same time?

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

All 3 of the matches kick off at 12:30.

Surely you have missed a trick here by not starting 3 seperate threads ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

I get the feeling he would tell us not to be so daft and celebrate.

I've just seen his hand written notes and the second from last paragraph does say that if Norwich have been promoted in the preceding couple of hours that he wants the nation to celebrate.

• Haha 3

Cheers cambridge, been in my own world this week with work and hadn't even noticed!

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surely you have missed a trick here by not starting 3 seperate threads ?

Gotta get that post count up somehow!

I'm not bothered by these games, maybe Watford's. Let's do it on our own merit and get the 2 points tonight

My predictions for what they are worth. (My Super 6 says they are pretty worthless.)

Swansea = Win easily.

Watford = Draw.

Brentford = Win just.

I'd like to see Watford drop points at Luton, just to give us a bit more breathing space, but the other two will both win easily today.

It would be nice to win the next two games, but psychologically I think the job is done and it will be hard for them to stay quite as focussed as they have been all season. 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm presuming there will be no way to watch any of the 12.30pm matches unless you have an iFollow account with any of the clubs that are playing? Doubt there will even be radio commentary seeing as there's a PL match happening at the same time?

Anyone?

7 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'm sure Luton would just love to put one over on their very local rivals Watford.

It doesn't get reported that much but their fans can get "proper nawty" when they meet up.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Anyone?

Sorry, don't know FTW, but I've just noticed Kings Lynn are live on BT Sport away to Halifax

CHHAANNNNNCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.............

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Anyone?

Just saw that Luton v Watford is on talksport 2, if you were interested. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Sorry, don't know FTW, but I've just noticed Kings Lynn are live on BT Sport away to Halifax

CHHAANNNNNCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.............

"The visitors are desperate for a win as they hope to move away from the relegation zone", according to the BT blurb. Do your bloody research! Home banker this one, it's in my acca (so Lynn are bound to get something).

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

"The visitors are desperate for a win as they hope to move away from the relegation zone", according to the BT blurb. Do your bloody research! Home banker this one, it's in my acca (so Lynn are bound to get something).

Ooops!

1-0 Lynn

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

Ooops!

1-0 Lynn

It was obviously going to happen.

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

It doesn't get reported that much but their fans can get "proper nawty" when they meet up.

Anyone for Millwall party poopers ?