Tetteys Jig

Hot Takes next season

What's everyone's not so straightforward predictions for next season?

I was just looking a bit about Kieran Dowell and have decided I have a hunch that next year he's gonna explode onto the scene.

Honestly think that now he's over his injury and finding his groove there is so much technical ability there that he'll be a really important player for us in the prem (providing the unthinkable doesn't happen and we screw up promotion from here!). 

I said the same about Mason Greenwood this season though so 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Damn I misread the title expecting to read about a new catering sponsorship.

yeah Delia has had to move into the takeaway business to get more hambag money

• Haha 2

The player who I am looking forward to seeing is Sorensen, such a calm and composed player who has shown he can play anywhere on the pitch. I get the feeling if Skipp can't stay, Sorensen will take over his role. Some say he is different to Skipp and that is of course true, but we haven't really seen Sorensen much in that position and he will I am sure be a good player there.

Edited by lake district canary

36 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I thought she was saving up to add to her wine collection? 🤔

She could spend the evening on here after any match we don't win if she wants to add to her whine collection... ba-dum tish...😎

• Haha 2

VAR will come to our aid and call off a late winner for a team playing against us right at the end of the season saving us from relegation

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

With a combination of Cantwell flops and Dowell-dinho free-kicks, Norwich go on a surprise surge up the table as high as 13th before scraping home via a last-minute deflection off Buendia's golden balls, resulting in a 1-1 draw against Liverpool which stops them from winning the title. Or something like that. 😄

"It's been naive from Norwich, they've just not spent enough in the summer. Look at Fulham when they came up, £100m spent. Villa, similar story"

"But Fulham got relegated and Villa only stayed up because VAR went wrong?"

"Never mind that, you've got to give it your all in this league."

Cantwell came out of nowhere last time, I think Omobamidele has been revealed a bit earlier than anticipated! 

Dowell, when given more time and space, might continue to improve hopefully too. I hope we get to see a bit more of Josh Martin too, as he was showing signs of promise before his injury along with Idah.

Idah will go on loan to a Championship team and with an injury-free season absolutely light it up

Omobamidele will follow in the footsteps of Aarons and be completely unfazed by the big stage; he'll be a first choice starter and big clubs will be chasing him by the end of the season

Aarons will go to Bayern but Mumba will step up in his place 

Emi will surprisingly stay despite endless transfer speculation and be superb all season, pushing his value even higher and getting an Argentina callup and a move to someone like Real or Barcelona at the end of the season

We'll break our transfer record to bring in a very good striker - and unlike with RVW or Naismith we'll finally get it right this time

We'll have a great start, surprise everyone by keeping pace with the top teams until mid october, then fade as legs get tired and ultimately finish mid-table

Cup run to the semi-finals of one or other cup.

15 minutes ago, andyc24_uk said:

Idah will go on loan to a Championship team and with an injury-free season absolutely light it up

Omobamidele will follow in the footsteps of Aarons and be completely unfazed by the big stage; he'll be a first choice starter and big clubs will be chasing him by the end of the season

Emi will surprisingly stay despite endless transfer speculation and be superb all season, pushing his value even higher and getting an Argentina callup and a move to someone like Real or Barcelona at the end of the season

We'll break our transfer record to bring in a very good striker - and unlike with RVW or Naismith we'll finally get it right this time

We'll have a great start, surprise everyone by keeping pace with the top teams until mid october, then fade as legs get tired and ultimately finish mid-table

I’ll take that Andy! I certainly think you could be right on Idah, Omobamidele, Mumba and Buendia staying for one more year - but not so sure about us keeping up with the top teams or buying a top notch striker to play ahead of Pukki. I won’t complain if we do though 😆

11 hours ago, andyc24_uk said:

'We'll break our transfer record to bring in a very good striker'

Given Pukki will be our first choice striker next season that's a BIG hot take 😉

38 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'We'll break our transfer record to bring in a very good striker'

As long as his name is not Ricky van Donkeydangler