Midlands Yellow

Bournemouth predictions

Get the Lambrusco on ice and be ready to dance. 3.2 Norwich win with Farke announcing he’s signed a ten year contact and been given a huge war chest to spend in the summer. 

Hopefully we win against an in-form Bournemouth. Farke will hopefully be offered and will accept a further three year contract but a huge war chest? No chance! (Depending on your definition of huge).

I break it down like this

GK Krul best in the Champ, Begovic an accident waiting to happen City 1 - 0

DEF this could be a tough night for our two inexperienced lads City 1 - B 2

DEF MID no argument Skipp rules City 2 B 2

ATT MID again no argument Buendia best in the League backed up by Cantwell and Dowell City 4 - B 2

FOR tricky one , Bournemouth attackers on fire City 4 - B 3

There you go City to win 4 - 3 not sure my old heart will survive OTBC

• Like 1

Like the upcoming Watford match, most of this squad have had a few turgid, unruly games against Bournemouth that I feel they will want to put right.

Bournemouth are also in good enough form that they'll probably turn up to play, which generally is not the way to beat us.

• Like 3

They need to win more than we do, this will be to our advantage as they will leave space which will create more chances for Pukki, Cantwell and Buendia.

14 minutes ago, Basil said:

They need to win more than we do

Don't get that. We need to win this match as much as Bnmth, in a way its a cup final for us - win and we are promoted, that makes it a huge game, one of the biggest. 

If we still had Gibson to rely upon I would back our defence to neutralise the Bournemouth attack the way they did  Brentford's and many others.

2-0.

Of course the (enforced) presence of such a young rookie will give reason to be more negative, and that first goal is usually vital in these tight encounters.

He has been excellent so far and the bonus is that he will  gain valuable experience whilst being tested by the some of the best attackers in the league. Farke knows his youngsters though.

2-0 😁

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Norwich 5-2 (2-2 HT) Bournemouth 

Pukki (6, 38 pen, 64).              Solanke (18, 29)

Buendia (85)

Dowell (81)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 - 0

None of the (opposition) top sides have scored at Carrow Road this season and none will.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Don't get that. We need to win this match as much as Bnmth, in a way its a cup final for us - win and we are promoted, that makes it a huge game, one of the biggest. 

No, that’s just rubbish, plain and simple.  
We have 5 games and ‘might’ need points from one of them (and are more likely not to need any at all), so it’s in no way whatsoever a match we “need” to win.  Of course we want to win it, but that’s very much different.

• Like 3

I wouldn't say that it's a must-win game for either side, to be honest.

We have five match-points, so to speak. As a result, we'll still have plenty of opportunities to confirm our promotion/title, even if we fail to win tomorrow.

It's not really a must-win for Bournemouth either as they are now five points clear of Reading with a far superior goal difference, so I'd imagine they'd be happy with a draw tomorrow.

I'd guess that we have more incentive to force a result as we are chasing a record points total, but I can see this playing out as a draw because Bournemouth are a very good side at this level who have started to show some decent form recently. 2-2.

Like reading none of top 6 have scored at Carrow Rd.  Bournemouth are potent in attack but porous at the back.  Could be high scoring, I would bet our front 4 can outscore their front 3.  Need to be in form at Derby had an off day next game we will be on it.  First goal will be telling.  

6 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

The streets of Norwich alight with Thousands of people letting off Green and Yellow flares. COYY

It's gonna be messy in the city if we do win. Wouldn't want to be a copper tonight.

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:
5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

We have 5 games and ‘might’ need points from one of them (and are more likely not to need any at all), so it’s in no way whatsoever a match we “need” to win.  Of course we want to win it, but that’s very much different.

Don't you dare "rubbish" an opinion that is based on us winning promotion at the earliest opportunity.  Take our foot off the pedal even slightly and we will soon find we are struggling to get points. We have to be at it 100% as much as Bnmth if we want this and the complacency some people show is astounding - it's like, oh it's ok, we've got five matches to get the two points - well it isn't that simple, lose one match because the other team are more motivated and you are likely to find points in the next match harder - and there are no easy games in this run in. 

I am sure we will do it, but we won't do it if we allow another team to be more motivated than us - if Bnmth are super motivated then so do we have to be.  You cannot assume Brentford will drop points either - we need to get over the line ourselves and against a team fighting for their play off place we have to more than match them for desire, otherwise things will get more difficult.

• Like 1

A quiet empty stadium and our quality will shine through.

1-0 City.

But a good test of where we are at nonetheless.

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't you dare "rubbish" an opinion that is based on us winning promotion at the earliest opportunity.  Take our foot off the pedal even slightly and we will soon find we are struggling to get points. We have to be at it 100% as much as Bnmth if we want this and the complacency some people show is astounding - it's like, oh it's ok, we've got five matches to get the two points - well it isn't that simple, lose one match because the other team are more motivated and you are likely to find points in the next match harder - and there are no easy games in this run in. 

I am sure we will do it, but we won't do it if we allow another team to be more motivated than us - if Bnmth are super motivated then so do we have to be.  You cannot assume Brentford will drop points either - we need to get over the line ourselves and against a team fighting for their play off place we have to more than match them for desire, otherwise things will get more difficult.

Lakey, perhaps ridiculous would be a better choice but they're really one and the same thing.

By close of play on May 8th I'll wager that our present 90 points will have been enough to secure a top two place. Can you in all honesty see both Brentford AND Swansea winning all their remaining matches, two of those being against Watford. Who are on fire.

Should the incredible actually happen two draws will be enough for us, and, unless we have a collapse of last season's proportions, I reckon we'll gain rather more than 2 points from a possible 15.

I do wonder sometiomes if you do it just for the reaction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We'll nick it. Bournemouth will ask questions as they have a lot of class in their team, but so do we. 2-1 win for us, I think - and the other advantage is that when we come to speak to players, we can say we were so strong in the division below that we got up with four games left.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Get the Lambrusco on ice and be ready to dance. 3.2 Norwich win with Farke announcing he’s signed a ten year contact and been given a huge war chest to spend in the summer. 

I’ll take a pint of that!

23 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Lakey, perhaps ridiculous would be a better choice but they're really one and the same thing.

By close of play on May 8th I'll wager that our present 90 points will have been enough to secure a top two place. Can you in all honesty see both Brentford AND Swansea winning all their remaining matches, two of those being against Watford. Who are on fire.

Should the incredible actually happen two draws will be enough for us, and, unless we have a collapse of last season's proportions, I reckon we'll gain rather more than 2 points from a possible 15.

I do wonder sometiomes if you do it just for the reaction.

Shirley not 😂😂

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Whilst not agreeing in any way with the assertion that it’s a must win, I do think we should approach in a highly competitive manner.

I don’t remotely envisage promotion as an issue, but surely everyone is conscious that should we lose both this game and the Watford game, Watford could be within two points and we could have to really sweat our way to the title. The title IS still to play for.

To not win the title from this position would constitute daylight robbery.

I see it as about a 20-1 scenario, but still an existing possibility. Two draws in the next two games would be acceptable, but given the achievements of the season to date, I expect us to win at least one of them. 

I’ll go 2-1 for Saturday night. Think it’ll be a super game.

Edited by The Gingerking

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I’ll rubbish whatever the hell I like, particularly when I’m backed up by pure logic.

Edited by Branston Pickle