MOM last night in Coventry’s vital win at Rotherham. Although a lot of Sky Blue fans think he’s been average (like the whole team) for the majority of the season they seem to think Sam has improved a lot lately. 

Maybe stay with Coventry who look like staying up now for one more season may help his development before rejoining Norwich. 

His time has come.  Young players do wax and wane in terms of form, but at some point it all clicks physically and mentally.  He'll be in the squad next season.

The decision is made difficult by our promotion it seems as it would be a big jump to PL standards.

Half a season more at Coventry? .... Farke must have seen a lot of him in the first place and that's an oipinion, over and above that of fans, to be respected.

From what I've seen of him play for Coventry (limited)  I've thought him pretty good.

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

The decision is made difficult by our promotion it seems as it would be a big jump to PL standards.

Half a season more at Coventry? .... Farke must have seen a lot of him in the first place and that's an oipinion, over and above that of fans, to be respected.

From what I've seen of him play for Coventry (limited)  I've thought him pretty good.

A bigger jump than the rest of our squad are making? From the Championship to the Premier League is the same. I'd argue playing for a team defending more would prepare him better for next season (albeit admittedly he is playing more as a wing back).

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

A bigger jump than the rest of our squad are making? From the Championship to the Premier League is the same. I'd argue playing for a team defending more would prepare him better for next season (albeit admittedly he is playing more as a wing back).

Oh yes. I was thinking Coventry L. 1. 

Thanks.

I agree with ShefCanary then.

Made a point of watching him all the match last night, he has improved his all around game lot this season. Was talking  to a Coventry fan last night and they want him back there next season if possible. He has a massive long throw in  which Coventry used very effectively at set pieces, and when in there own half, around the 18 yd area he was throwing it up to the half way line which many times they won another throw in and did the same again, this time near the opposition's 18 yd area, a useful tactic, Coventry used a lot. Any where near the oppositions box and its like having a corner.

I live near Coventry and know a few people who are fans.... none of them particularly rate McCallum. Overall opinion seems to be he is decent at Championship level but not a star and is unlikely to be up to it in the premier league (or at least not yet).

BUT that's also with the caveat that most of them thought we'd paid over the odds for Maddison and he was probably too much of a luxury to have in a championship team!!!!!!!😄

Assuming Quintilla doesn't get signed permanently which is looking likely, he might be needed here as backup to Dimi although that is less vital now we know Sorensen can do more than a job there

I guess it could come down to the budget. How much would it cost to sign someone of McCallum's ability, and how much would it cost to sign someone better than him? I'm guessing at least a couple of million, and considering there will be more pressing areas of concern than backup left back, it may be prudent to just go with McCallum and hope Farke can improve him on the training ground so he can step in if necessary.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Assuming Quintilla doesn't get signed permanently which is looking likely, he might be needed here as backup to Dimi although that is less vital now we know Sorensen can do more than a job there

Much as I respect Sorensen's efforts at LB this season there’s no way we should be thinking of him as second choice LB in the PL IMO.

• Like 1

McCallum had a good game last night. Defensively kept first Olosunde and then the in form Freddie Ladapo completely silent. Rotherham had nothing down Coventry's left (though to be fair they had very little full stop). 

Offensively he was also solid. He put in several good crosses both in play and from set pieces. His long throws were dangerous and Coventry were unfortunate not to score from at least one of them. He also won the free kick in a dangerous area that resulted in the goal. He looked composed on the ball. Whilst perhaps not as eye-catching as Da Costa on the right, he is clearly one of the more (if not the most)  technically gifted players in Coventry's side (along with O'Hare and James). 

On that showing he'd fit right in to a Norwich side in the Championship (or another top half Championship team). Hard to say how he'd do in the Premier League - but looks like a talented young player. I'm sure Adams' call with him last night was a positive one. 

He's still young enough to not be counted towards the squad limit next season if I'm not mistaken; so I'd expect to see him at Carrow Road as LB cover ahead of Quintilla, as that frees up a squad spot for us elsewhere. A shame in some ways as I rate Quintilla and another season in the Championship would probably be better for McCallum but we'll likely need to be smart with who gets those 25 senior player spots. 

Yup, and as for Sorenson, we need him in the middle of the park, so it's an opportunity to be the back up LB for Mr. McCallum.

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

I think he still needs regular games, another loan to a top Championship side next season to see how he develops. 

That sounds like the best way to manage a young player, he needs his chance to develop.