Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Missing the Party at FCR Tomorrow

Remembering back a couple of years to that night v Blackburn has had me thinking all week about how Carrow Road would be celebrating tomorrow night assuming promotion is achieved. I am sure we would have had the roll out of the cardboard clappers, and maybe the Barclay flags all around the ground. 
The ground would be rocking, so although I can’t wait for 8 tomorrow night, it will be tinged with sadness that we are not there. Tuesday night could have been even better, with the possibility of the league trophy being presented.

I wonder if Sky with their crowd recordings will have our promotion song ‘ going up up up ‘ in the background.

Being up here in the Midlands I will be watching at home, where will the rest of you be ?

• Like 1

Shame we all can't be there, it would be a fantastic atmosphere, especially an 8pm KO on a Saturday night.  We could easily already be promoted by half 2 tomorrow afternoon though, and if Watford drop points, a draw on Tuesday away from winning the title.

In front of the TV watching the Sky broadcast for me, iFollow is perfectly fine but when you are the featured game on Sky it's a notch above.

4 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

In front of the TV watching the Sky broadcast for me, iFollow is perfectly fine but when you are the featured game on Sky it's a notch above.

& so it should be for the prices they charge. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

& so it should be for the prices they charge. 

If you're paying full price for their sports package yes, but I don't think I've ever paid full price for it, they are always happy to reduce the price if you enter a contract.

Just now, ncfcstar said:

If you're paying full price for their sports package yes, but I don't think I've ever paid full price for it, they are always happy to reduce the price if you enter a contract.

I get your point - which a proves they overcharge to start with. If they reduced prices for all, and had a level structure, im sure more people would sign up. 

and secondly they will still be dearer than Ifollow which whilst free for ST's is a tenner a game when paid.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I get your point - which a proves they overcharge to start with. If they reduced prices for all, and had a level structure, im sure more people would sign up. 

and secondly they will still be dearer than Ifollow which whilst free for ST's is a tenner a game when paid.  

Of course, and I agree for NCFC specifically it works out cheaper to just use iFollow (especially as a season ticket holder)!

• Like 1

Because of lockdown and the rules for household mixing until recently outdoors, I've only just received my Xmas present from my mother-in-law, a nice break bottle of prosecco. It has been chilled all this week in preparation for Saturday night!

Sad not to be part of going to matches but I'm sure this forum will be a wild celebratory mood around 10pm tomorrow and I look forward to raising a glass or two to posters.🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

Because of lockdown and the rules for household mixing until recently outdoors, I've only just received my Xmas present from my mother-in-law, a nice break bottle of prosecco. It has been chilled all this week in preparation for Saturday night!

Sad not to be part of going to matches but I'm sure this forum will be a wild celebratory mood around 10pm tomorrow and I look forward to raising a glass or two to posters.🙂

I'm yet to imbibe an alcoholic drink in 2021. I had a glass of prosecco at midnight on New Year's Eve and haven't touched a drop since. That may change tomorrow evening too!

22 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

I'm yet to imbibe an alcoholic drink in 2021. I had a glass of prosecco at midnight on New Year's Eve and haven't touched a drop since. That may change tomorrow evening too!

Giving up the booze is one of the best things I've ever done Paddyo, by giving up,  I mean  it's no longer my "go to "  drink after 6 pm. I shall have a few bottles of excellent Czech lager chilled ,of  which I will crack the first  around 7-45 tomorrow,  so I am fully feeling that lovely pinch in the back of my neck by kick off.  Not drinking most days makes the days you do have a jar all the more pleasurable. I hope you really enjoy the match whether you have a bevvy or not. A few beers every few weeks has made me enjoy it even more and I don't seem to miss it the rest of the time...it was just a habit that I had fallen into. 

Feeling quite depressed not being able to go to the match and enjoy the pre match festivities. In days gone by it would have meant late afternoon drinks, post match beers and probably a curry.

Suppose it will be iFollow, a few beers and the Pinkun matchday thread!

It's not right and it's not football whatever the outcome.

I remember bei.g in cr two years ago against Blackburn, cracking day, shame we'll miss it again, but hoping we'll meet up at cr in the new pl season!

I think plod might have a busy night what with trying to keep pubs in order and possible celebrations near the ground.

• Like 1

Good post @Well b back.

I'm actually on holiday , staying in some self catering accommodation in Cornwall we booked last summer. We booked 2 weeks and one week was before the 12th but at least we got the second week. So will be watching it on Sky in Cornwall😀.

It was such a privilege to be able to see City get promoted vs Blackburn last time and a real shame no one can see it live but at least it’s on Sky for us all to watch.

Not counting my chickens about it happening Tomorrow mind !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’m a bit surprised that the club hasn’t told supporters to stay away from the ground if we go up

We arent scousers - we dont need to be told how to behave. 

That said im sure there will be a few outside, but will be behaving. 

Thanks everyone, clearly would have been a great night even if we don’t go up tomorrow. 
Assuming success tomorrow we will see if new goals have been set, based on the celebration levels of the players. Will they be told no major celebrating until the title is won or maybe until 100 points achieved. 
I wonder which day Kenny will be declared Mayor for this year ?

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Giving up the booze is one of the best things I've ever done Paddyo, by giving up,  I mean  it's no longer my "go to "  drink after 6 pm. I shall have a few bottles of excellent Czech lager chilled ,of  which I will crack the first  around 7-45 tomorrow,  so I am fully feeling that lovely pinch in the back of my neck by kick off.  Not drinking most days makes the days you do have a jar all the more pleasurable. I hope you really enjoy the match whether you have a bevvy or not. A few beers every few weeks has made me enjoy it even more and I don't seem to miss it the rest of the time...it was just a habit that I had fallen into. 

I don't think I'm off the beer permanently but I don't really miss it. It's easier with the pubs closed because I do enjoy a pint of porter on occasion. And when I properly dust off the bbq in the very near future I'll struggle without something in the hand. I got some top notch Helles beers in for Christmas and they're still in the fridge - unheard of!

Like I said, tomorrow might well be the first gargle of the year! I suspect the lads will want to get the job done. Should make for a good game.

With the school Easter holidays for us in Buckinghamshire a week later than Norfolk we've spent the last 4 nights in a chalet near Caister-on-Sea so to visit family, some who we've not seen for over a year.

It was only this evening driving towards Trowse on the A146 and seeing the signs for County Hall and Norwich City Football Club that it really clicked what we're all potentially going to miss tomorrow night. Instead of arriving about now either at my parents in Lowestoft, or the in-laws in Dereham, with all the anticipation of seeing friends and going to the match (and hopefully celebrating late into the evening), I'm now back in High Wycombe for a night of Sky Sports tomorrow.

I suppose it's a bit of an insight as to what it's like to be a supporter of a big team, someone who only watches games on TV. 

• Like 1

Going for a few afternoon beers with friends, then doing the 'patio door' trick so we can watch the match from the garden. Patio heaters set up ready, fridge full of stubbies, captain's hat at the ready... let's do this!

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Going for a few afternoon beers with friends, then doing the 'patio door' trick so we can watch the match from the garden. Patio heaters set up ready, fridge full of stubbies, captain's hat at the ready... let's do this!

Anyone know Wolfies address ? 😉

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Patio heaters

Jaysus!! Is it that cold in Norfolk at the moment? It's gorgeous here  atm , light till gone 9pm now too.

There are,some things I don't miss about Norfolk, getting dark earlier and a nippy North easterly are two of them.

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Can't beat a nice walk on the beach in January with a nice breeze coming in off the sea

In January  yes, mid April.....not so much.

39 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Jaysus!! Is it that cold in Norfolk at the moment? It's gorgeous here  atm , light till gone 9pm now too.

There are,some things I don't miss about Norfolk, getting dark earlier and a nippy North easterly are two of them.

No shortage of precipitation in West Cork coming in off the Atlantical Sea! Come over here to the sunny southeast!

57 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Anyone know Wolfies address ? 😉

Sorry old bean, the 'rule of six' has already been accounted for 😞