We are obviously wrapped up in our own future and looking up, but at the other end of the table, as it stands, 'if' Rotherham can win their 2 games in hand, then Derby would fill one of the relegation berths. 

Rotherham have a tough task with their fixture congestion, but if Paul Warne can work his magic, then both Derby and Sheff Wed could find themselves in League One. 

Out of all the teams down there, I'd like Wednesday to stay up, but that is looking very bleak atm. Derby, I couldn't give a hoot about, and part of me would find it quite funny if Wayne Rooney's next match in Merseyside is at Tranmere.

Derby have got into the Play Offs 3 times in the last 5 seasons and Wednesday got there 4 years ago. Two 'big' Clubs being relegated into that League is not unique but shows how grateful I am that we have our act together, both on and off the pitch.

Sunderland, Derby, Sheff Wednesday, Charlton, Portsmouth, our friends in blue could feel right at home next year. Could be a big ask to get out of a league like that though. 

League One is woeful this Season, no one seems capable of putting a run together. Down south, they're expecting all manner of high profile stars to arrive at Poorman Road on the promise of the new money that's about to land in their laps.

If this goes wrong, it's curtains, meanwhile we'll all be watching, along with a Worldwide audience, as we strive, once again to become Football League Champions 🏆

League one has become a bit of a graveyard for teams who were poorly run to try and make the big time work, a few are looking to recover but it's not easy to get back up the football pyramid these days. The list is alarming as much as impressive, to name a few;

Hull
Sunderland
Blackpool
Portsmouth
Charlton
Wigan
Bolton (quite possibly re-joining league one soon)
I won't count Ipswich, but you could

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

We are obviously wrapped up in our own future and looking up, but at the other end of the table, as it stands, 'if' Rotherham can win their 2 games in hand, then Derby would fill one of the relegation berths. 

Rotherham have a tough task with their fixture congestion, but if Paul Warne can work his magic, then both Derby and Sheff Wed could find themselves in League One. 

Out of all the teams down there, I'd like Wednesday to stay up, but that is looking very bleak atm. Derby, I couldn't give a hoot about, and part of me would find it quite funny if Wayne Rooney's next match in Merseyside is at Tranmere.

Derby have got into the Play Offs 3 times in the last 5 seasons and Wednesday got there 4 years ago. Two 'big' Clubs being relegated into that League is not unique but shows how grateful I am that we have our act together, both on and off the pitch.

Don't think for one minute Mr. Rooney will remain at Derby if they were to be dumped in League one!

6 hours ago, splendidrush said:

League One is woeful this Season, no one seems capable of putting a run together. Down south, they're expecting all manner of high profile stars to arrive at Poorman Road on the promise of the new money that's about to land in their laps.

If this goes wrong, it's curtains, meanwhile we'll all be watching, along with a Worldwide audience, as we strive, once again to become Football League Champions 🏆

L1 is indeed a strange division - they all beat each other/go on winning runs followed by losing runs, so even with their crappy form the binners remain top 10 and continue to have an outside (if diminished) chance of the playoffs.  

I’d say it’s pretty tough to attract the sort of player they need - good players will take a fair bit of persuading to drop to league one (presumably ££ will help) but it’s risky too as v easy to end up with disinterested end-of-career pros just after the cash.

• Like 1

With all these heavyweights likely to be in L.1. next season it's certain to become quite a battle.

I believe that the wage cap has now been scrapped and the impending rules will link player expenditure to turnover.

With better supported clubs like Sunderland, Wednesday and possibly Portsmouth and Charlton and even Derby in the mix it could well mean that little Ipswich start at disadvantage over and above having a dodgy manager with virtually a whole squad to replace. It will be freebies galore as those billions of dollars would count for nothing.

Another season in L. 1. might well see the whole house of cards collapse.

Rather than a few dollars more it might well be the good, then the bad and ending with the ugly.

Edited by BroadstairsR