cambridgeshire canary

Drmic busy scoring goals

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/could-norwich-loan-striker-earn-euros-recall-7899896?fbclid=IwAR2OQ67Q_H-cFpULHq0JZglz2PXyFaalLhTe48-FpDZDhxTPl3pTc0wT-cs

I mean, it is in the Croatian divison and all, but always good to see a former player doing well.

And yes he is off on loan and still therefore technically our player.. But I'm sure most would agree he has no future here, much as he would make a decent part time striker for us.

Found his level...

He would have been motivated to score against a team in yellow and green!

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

, much as he would make a decent part time striker for us.

He's  more likely to  be a guest singer at Todd's wedding, and that is quite unlikely  .

PS.... He was a part time striker here before...on a full time wage. Part of the time he looked like a striker...mainly  during the warm up,  the rest of the time he looked liked a bumper in a pinball machine. Tilt!!!!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, it is in the Croatian divison and all, but always good to see a former player doing well.

Are you pleased to see Andre Wisdom doing well for Derby too?

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

much as he would make a decent part time striker for us.

He was a part time striker for us but he was neither decent or cheap to keep.

The article is a bit misleading, from what I can see he's scored 3 goals in 11 games for the first team, admittedly the first 5 he came on as a substitute but it's hardly ripping up trees

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Are you pleased to see Andre Wisdom doing well for Derby too?

This.

I'm really happy to see Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe doing well in the Belgian league, lol

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

This.

I'm really happy to see Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe doing well in the Belgian league, lol

I always thought he had more to offer than what we saw...

Wisdom had a good game against us, I think

Difference between Drmic and the other ex-players mentioned is Norwich still own Drmic and if he can do well in Croatia it might convince someone to sign him again in the Summer. 

He has shown through his career that he can score goals, but a job as backup striker in Norwich's Prem campaign was always going to be incredibly difficult, especially for someone like Drmic who has always been a confidence player and after a string of nasty injuries needed regular football to find form. It was a worthwhile punt by Norwich as if they could get him back to his best he'd be excellent.

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Difference between Drmic and the other ex-players mentioned is Norwich still own Drmic and if he can do well in Croatia it might convince someone to sign him again in the Summer. 

He has shown through his career that he can score goals, but a job as backup striker in Norwich's Prem campaign was always going to be incredibly difficult, especially for someone like Drmic who has always been a confidence player and after a string of nasty injuries needed regular football to find form. It was a worthwhile punt by Norwich as if they could get him back to his best he'd be excellent.

Exactly. He's still costing us a lot of money and if he can carry on scoring goals where he is it hugely increases the chances of us being able to move him on and save ourselves a fair wedge of cash in the process. 

He's putting himself in the shop window and that's what we want. Good on him. Hope we can unload him ASAP 💛

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given he's not doing well..

But my question was more just a point of; why would you care for any former NCFC player who had little to no impact nor made any impression on the fans?

Drmic came in as our highest earner, barely contributed in the prem in a very disappointing season, then took his wages in the champs for 6 months knowing that he wasn't going to be a feature in the team before finally up and leaving.

However much of that is his fault we don't fully know in fairness to him, but hard to feel anything more than indifferent about his career now. 

Oh wow I've just read the rest of the thread, I thought Drmic had left permanently in January - please ignore the above 😄 sorry @cambridgeshire canary.

Funnily enough I now agree with you that its good to see him banging in the goals, but for different reasons - hopefully we may now better find him a suitor in the next window, and once he does finally become a 'former player', I certainly will not look out for his career.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

In other news, I threw a scrunched bit of tin foil straight into a bin today without even bouncing it off the rim.

Am waiting my Euro basketball champs call up.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

But my question was more just a point of; why would you care for any former NCFC player who had little to no impact nor made any impression on the fans?

Drmic came in as our highest earner, barely contributed in the prem in a very disappointing season, then took his wages in the champs for 6 months knowing that he wasn't going to be a feature in the team before finally up and leaving.

However much of that is his fault we don't fully know in fairness to him, but hard to feel anything more than indifferent about his career now. 

The team takes some of the blame too for giving him the contract.   We all get annoyed when players try to break contracts early and force a move, but it cuts both ways.  

Hopefully he attracts some interest and we can move him on now though.  

I'm finding it difficult to find sympathy for him tbh.  It's ok for Bethnal to call him a confidence player, but he really looked so inept in front of goal for us that it was hard to see any ability in him at all, in front of goal.  Some sporadic good play around the pitch showed  he had something, but he was supposed to be a striker.......

• Like 1

A free agent but injury prone, not PL level, and on high wages. He might have done alright in the Championship this season but as his wages don’t agree with his playing standards, I think it’s best to get rid of him ASAP. Out of contract next summer, but if we manage to get rid of him this summer we’ll get some cash to cover some of the costs of his wages

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

This.

I think we let him go too soon - Vadis is scoring goals in the Europa league.

It wasn't his fault that he was injured while with us and playing a system that didn't suit him !

15 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I'm finding it difficult to find sympathy for him tbh.  It's ok for Bethnal to call him a confidence player, but he really looked so inept in front of goal for us that it was hard to see any ability in him at all, in front of goal.  Some sporadic good play around the pitch showed  he had something, but he was supposed to be a striker.......

Exactly this, my only real memory of him, aside of running around like a headless chicken and lunging double footed into tackles, is bundling the ball over the line against Spurs in the cup. I could not see him scoring a true strike like Pukki. 

We have never been very good at shoehorning good players into systems they can't cope with - Drmic is the latest in a long line that includes RVW and Vadis.

Drmic has 37 caps for Switzerland and is playing in the same league as one of their star strikers. He may well get a recall for the Euros. Score a couple there and his value rockets. He was rubbish for us - but that doesn't make him a bad player.

29 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

We have never been very good at shoehorning good players into systems they can't cope with - Drmic is the latest in a long line that includes RVW and Vadis.

Drmic has 37 caps for Switzerland and is playing in the same league as one of their star strikers. He may well get a recall for the Euros. Score a couple there and his value rockets. He was rubbish for us - but that doesn't make him a bad player.

I think he could have worked in our system, the problem was, he was getting paid a lot and you arent going to bench Pukki to give him a run. 

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Exactly this, my only real memory of him, aside of running around like a headless chicken and lunging double footed into tackles, is bundling the ball over the line against Spurs in the cup. I could not see him scoring a true strike like Pukki. 

Agreed. The match I saw him in live was one of the first games he played for us - in the cup game at Preston where he bundled one in from six inches. Apart from that he had probably four or five absolutely clear cut chances to shoot and every one was a feeble effort that went wide, when it looked easier to score or at least work the keeper.  However unconfident or out of practice you are, if you coudn't even muster a decent shot on target in a whole match when given chances on a plate, then there was something clearly not right with him in terms of playing at our level.  All strikers miss sometimes, but Drmic never got going or never looked like getting going. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Haus said:

I think he could have worked in our system, the problem was, he was getting paid a lot and you arent going to bench Pukki to give him a run. 

That was the problem last season though, even when Pukki was injured, low on confidence and out of form he was undroppable. 

On 15/04/2021 at 10:35, cambridgeshire canary said:

always good to see a former player doing well.

A bit premature. He's still contracted to Norwich, so still our player at this point in time.

Edited by chicken

On 16/04/2021 at 11:29, lake district canary said:

Agreed. The match I saw him in live was one of the first games he played for us - in the cup game at Preston where he bundled one in from six inches. Apart from that he had probably four or five absolutely clear cut chances to shoot and every one was a feeble effort that went wide, when it looked easier to score or at least work the keeper.  However unconfident or out of practice you are, if you coudn't even muster a decent shot on target in a whole match when given chances on a plate, then there was something clearly not right with him in terms of playing at our level.  All strikers miss sometimes, but Drmic never got going or never looked like getting going. 

It wasn't!!  It was against Burnley!!  (Idah scored a hat-trick against Preston if you recall).