Fiery Zac

Football podcasts

Mentioned this in another thread but thought I’d ask in a new one: 

What football podcasts do you listen to, which do you find the most insightful and entertaining?

For me I listen to:

The totally football show - James Richardson a fantastic host and they always have some great reporters on. Took over from the guardian podcast, football weekly as my go to football show to listen to.

606 - a decent range of stuff. Light hearted debates and call ins with Savage and Sutton at the weekend and I think Savage does a decent job of keeping people entertained while Sutton has some interesting views and always causes some debate. Other shows like the fantasy podcast are also a good laugh.

PlanetFPL - the show I mentioned in the other thread. A great listen, particularly if you play the game but also for those that don’t, James’ analysis of games is fantastic. He now does the role as a full time job (due to the popularity on patreon) and so the research he puts in is second to none. Watches every game and is very engaging with the way he describes tactics etc. Presented by Suj (West Ham fan), James is a Spurs fan so there’s also some entertaining talk between the two about their clubs and as well as being extremely clever around football, they’re first and foremost, passionate football fans. Great stuff.

What do you listen to? What am I missing out on?

Those sound like good recommendations, thanks. This season I've been listening to Not The Top 20 podcast which gives a pretty in depth look at the whole EFL. I like it as they are very enthusiastic about the leagues and seem in touch with what the fans of different clubs are thinking too. Lots of discussion about and praise for City as well of course! Listened to a couple of episodes of 5Live's 72+ EFL podcast too which is good.

Specific to Norwich, I like the Along Come Norwich podcast a lot. Michael Bailey's Athletic podcast On The Ball is quite good too although I don't listen to that every week. The Pink Un podcast is decent. And of course the Scrimmage on Radio Norfolk is a good laugh.

I listen to quite a few podcasts because I work alone at home haha

Haven’t listened for a while but the Peter crouch podcast used to be a brilliant light hearted look at football with some very candid insights from Peter (although unfortunately very few on his time with us)

I listen to Darragh MacAntony The Hard Truth. It’s down to earth as it is and all about the football industry and current football events.

BBC Football Daily 72+ is a good as well.

Sky EFL podcast

Along Come Norwich 

All are very good. The Hard Truth is my favourite.

That Peter Crouch Podcast, not always strictly about football but easily the best listen out there for the inner knowledge of how football works

On 15/04/2021 at 08:54, Jersey Canary said:

I listen to Darragh MacAntony The Hard Truth. It’s down to earth as it is and all about the football industry and current football events.

BBC Football Daily 72+ is a good as well.

Sky EFL podcast

Along Come Norwich 

All are very good. The Hard Truth is my favourite.

Thanks for the head’s up for The Hard Truth! 
I’ve listened to a number of them since your suggestion yesterday.

Darragh MacAntony is certainly a ‘character’, and whilst I barely agree with anything he says, especially beyond football, his insight is refreshingly honest and open from an insider within football perspective.

It’s an interesting and addictive listen, I’m hooked, Thank you! 

Edited by ec-p

otbsports.com.....  an Irish view of footy...not much championship coverage but interesting nonetheless.....moreso next season😉

I love Not the Top 20. Lads on there have a proper passion for EFL stuff.

I also love Criminal which tells some really good unusual crime stories, Calling Peston for politics and news commentaries and My Dad Wrote a **** for utter hilarious filth.

6 hours ago, ec-p said:

Thanks for the head’s up for The Hard Truth! 
I’ve listened to a number of them since your suggestion yesterday.

Darragh MacAntony is certainly a ‘character’, and whilst I barely agree with anything he says, especially beyond football, his insight is refreshingly honest and open from an insider within football perspective.

It’s an interesting and addictive listen, I’m hooked, Thank you! 

You’re welcome. The other chap who presents the podcast seems knowledgeable as well and he has a good structure to the cast as well. 

On 15/04/2021 at 08:41, Pete Raven said:

Quickly Kevin. You're welcome.

If nobody has heard these it's worth it just for the episodes on the Steve Bruce novels. They are appalling but hilarious. 

The stories of Steve Barnes who manages Leddersfield Town and solves crimes whilst implementing such in depth tactical changes as the sweeper system.