Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

What A Fabulous Photo Part Two.

My initial reaction was that this was the first gathering of Norwich fans post lockdown but before any of them had the chance to visit the barbers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Did someone say part 2 ?

75E03F0D-D3E8-4228-B5AC-64DC33C04A48.jpeg

My Google search surrounding your post FF proved negative.

This was Watford, presumably? Only the glory hunters went to Watford, and for just that kind of photo op. The real fans had been at Brisbane Road a few days before and left it at that...

57 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

This was Watford, presumably? Only the glory hunters went to Watford, and for just that kind of photo op. The real fans had been at Brisbane Road a few days before and left it at that...

Maybe those that went to both games were those ' Elite ' fans that get mentioned on here. I wonder how many are still around from back in the day ?

Edited by TIL 1010

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe those that went to both games were those ' Elite ' fans that get mentioned on here.

Here, here Tilly - difficult to convince Spike that I hadn't gone to Orient when I had a sickie from school on the Monday 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My father in law remembers this day a lot. He talks about it starting to rain and the rush to take the Rookery...having to dodge the coppers (apologies Til) almost throwing his own father over the wall into the terrace before he could get nicked.

• Like 1

My dear old landlady back in the day had a sister married to a Watford director and she got me a ticket for the directors box that day. No rain or mud for me as i mingled with the elite in the boardroom after the game. 😂

35 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

My father in law remembers this day a lot. He talks about it starting to rain and the rush to take the Rookery...having to dodge the coppers (apologies Til) almost throwing his own father over the wall into the terrace before he could get nicked.

Yes, remember legging it across the pitch from the rain soaked open end to the relative dryness of The Rookery End.  I think the coppers had given up at that point.  Chants of "We took The Rookery...Easy Easy" echoing round the ground.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My dear old landlady back in the day had a sister married to a Watford director and she got me a ticket for the directors box that day. No rain or mud for me as i mingled with the elite in the boardroom after the game. 😂

No AC-12 in those days then Tilly? 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

No AC-12 in those days then Tilly? 😂😂😂

Mother of God...Til would've been investigated to the letter of the the law...the FULL letter of the law😂

Wait, is there a chance he knows who 'H' is...or even he is 'H'...😳

The 'Inner Circle' and the 'Elite' all make sense now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember going to this game at Watford, I was 16. If I recollect there were more Norwich fans than Watford's. It was a 1-1 draw and Dave Stringer got our goal.

4 hours ago, Shannock1956 said:

I remember going to this game at Watford, I was 16. If I recollect there were more Norwich fans than Watford's. It was a 1-1 draw and Dave Stringer got our goal.

I'm another 1956er but was 15.

Here's some more pictures from that day...

359258138_NorwichatWatford19723.jpg.0f3f229286fa80c3d86ec759dd137e28.jpg1649748777_NorwichatWatford19724.jpg.d3ec71e4ec9cb6ce0814ae627f49a965.jpg1079485601_NorwichatWatford1972.jpg.2ccc4b19f794f1443f11526a4383ee62.jpg

327786432_NorwichatWatford19722.jpg.fabae50a2dae42d22e7e754fd5b891aa.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sillysausage said:

I was there twice ! OLD BILL chucked me out after running across pitch so I had to pay again

to get back in 😒.

Shame he has not been around for this last week as i am sure he would have loved reliving the story from his perspective. 😂

We went to Orient in my mates Mini and were part of the snake of cars that drove back that night.

But we (MrsKG) hitch hiked to Watford and got a lift on Newmarket Road by a tutor at City College.

Mrs KG and I will be at the back somewhere in that pic. We had to sit in a gutter and clean our shoes after all the heaving and shoving. It was pishing down before the game so we all crossed the pitch to the covered end.

We did make a B/W on the back page of the EEN on Monday night. Next to the Pride of Anglia flag.

47 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Shame he has not been around for this last week as i am sure he would have loved reliving the story from his perspective. 😂

I'm sure he's glad to know you're thinking of him 🤭