Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Aarons to Everton rumour

Quite a few rumour sites talking about Everton keen on Aarons (although not the £30m price tag) and even Aarons keen to go to Everton

Not saying this will happen, but if Everton wanted a player plus cash deal to lower the price tag, are there any Everton players you'd be keen to take in exchange?

I'd take Gylfi Sigurðsson as an experienced attacking midfielder?

Even £30m is too low.  That (or even a bit more) would/should have been the price this season with us as a championship club. This will be us back up in the premier league. I dont want to be losing players like him to mediocre sides like them when we are a premier league club. We will beat them at least once next season.

If he is to be sold though it needs to be for a sum of money that will make a genuine difference to our prospects as we will need to spend £15m plus on a couple of players if we make sales.

Aarons is a better player in his position than Godfrey was in his when they signed him, so his value is more than what they paid then. £30m sounds about right to me - there are lots of other decent right backs out there, and I think we'll get a good replacement for £5m or so, with Mumba as back up.

As to players I'd take in part exchange, I doubt anyone would come to Norwich from Everton who is around the first team squad and we couldn't afford their wages anyway.

£30m is nowhere near enough. We hold all the aces on this one. If they really want him then they should expect to fork out the sort of money that they would happily pay for a Foreign import and that would be upwards of £40m

It seems to be an obvious fit, considering they only have a 33 year old Seamus Colman at right back.

Assuming we are asking for 30 million, I'm surprised they think that's too much. Especially now that we're promoted.

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Dominic Calvert-Lewin. 

Great player but doesn’t fit our style of play-scored about 40% of his goals with his head.

Wan Bissaka went for £50m, and he'd only had one good season with Palace. With Aarons contracted until 2024 we're in a very strong position and the price would have to be right

• Like 1

Well first of all we're not tempting any of their regulars here so that rules out Sigurdson or similar. 

Jonjoe Kenny would be an option and would be a direct replacement for Aarons.

56 minutes ago, king canary said:

Well first of all we're not tempting any of their regulars here so that rules out Sigurdson or similar. 

Jonjoe Kenny would be an option and would be a direct replacement for Aarons.

Or Anthony Gordon...someone on the fringes.

We are promoted, he’s on a long contract and we don’t need the money.

Ok Aarons could try and force the move if he wants but also Norwich could block it and I think he’s professional enough to get back to playing.

Unless it’s absolutely silly money I don’t see why we’d do the deal. He’ll be moving on in another year for definite whether we remain or not. With him getting another guaranteed season of regular PL football he could be worth even more and moving to an even bigger club. 

They have to pay for their new stadium, as well as recovering their Covid losses.  Hence why they want to pay less than £30m.  Any other clubs interested will be seeking a lower fee as well.  It'll be down to the relationship between Webber and Max whether he is here next year.

If we want to survive next season then I think we can’t afford to sell any of our crown jewel unless we charge about £50m for each of them. We all know that a decent replacement for them would almost certainly have a high asking price and want high wages. I don’t know of any suggestions for replacements as I only follow our players, but here’s my views on Max, Todd and Emi:

Aarons - Byram was decent when he played for us last season, but I take it that when he finally recovers from injury (if he ever recovers) he will no longer be injury prone? Mumba’s only 19 so nowhere near ready for the top flight. Rupp and Sorensen are only emergency RBs

Todd and Emi - They have played a huge part for us this season. Due to injury Onel hasn’t done much this season so I don’t think he will shine for us next season, Placheta’s inexperienced, as is Sinani who’s also been linked with a Championship loan. Rupp seems to play much better as a DM rather than a winger

Also no new signings are guaranteed do as well here as they did at their other clubs, even if they do look to fit our style of play and we don’t want risk end up signing another RvW or Naismith

Like Monty13 has also said although they will eventually move on, we currently have no need to sell, I think we’d only do the deal if it was for a ridiculous price (£50m+), and if we left it till next summer I reckon they would probably be worth even more as they would have had 2 years of PL experience 

Edited by HazzaJet

He's better off staying where he is and showing his worth rather than going there. We can increase his wages once in the prem, that's what it comes down to £££. If it was a top 5 team then understandable...

Everton can build their new stadium but it wont stop the place being a s***hole.

It’s a rather larger story than is warranted on this site, almost as though it is written by an Everton fan.  I’m sure there will be sides interested in any number of our players and of course staying with us is a decent option or all of them.  Sides will of course be looking around but no one is making any decisions in April. 

• Like 1

Im sure they are interested, but I think they will be one of a few clubs from across Europe. Honestly, I hope he gets his big money move to Barcelona, the way that young man has conducted himself has been outstanding. Hopefully that serves the double purpose of enough money for a good replacement and a fantastic advert for any top young players; 'Come to Norwich, we will play you and we will get you noticed by Barcelona and let you go for the right money'.

4 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

I'd take Gylfi Sigurðsson as an experienced attacking midfielder?

Well past his best I think, a shadow of the player that they paid a fortune for. Would be the second Naismith. 

4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Great player but doesn’t fit our style of play-scored about 40% of his goals with his head.

My comment was tongue in cheek - I can't work out if your reply is too. 

I trust Webber, if there is a young player who helps sweeten the deal that would be fine.  I would not want an experienced player unless they were desperate to play for us.

I actually hope Max gets the chance to play at the very top level, it will be interesting to see if he goes straight there or as with Godfrey and Maddison a team in between or pushing to get in attracts them.  I think Skipp has a very similar dilemma, if he stays with us is he may think he could have done better, or if he goes to Tottenham he will struggle for game time.

Ben Godfreys mate (or agent) many a phone call between the pair of them. Good luck to the boy

2 hours ago, crab man said:

Everton can build their new stadium but it wont stop the place being a s***hole.

Grim where there ground currently is.

Actually pretty nice near where there new stadium will be. 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

My comment was tongue in cheek - I can't work out if your reply is too. 

Sort of-as if we’d spend the amount needed to get him.

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Grim where there ground currently is.

Actually pretty nice near where there new stadium will be. 

Yeah it’s next to that other tin pot club isn’t it? Understandable why they would want to move. 

I certainly think Everton would be a fantastic club for Aarons. Coleman is 32 now and getting towards the latter part of his Everton career I'm sure, and they've got Jonjoe Kenny who is on loan to Celtic and at 24 would probably be in the squad if he was near pushing Coleman out of the side so it is certainly like they are looking for a younger RB. 

That said, I certainly think Max is capable of playing for a bigger club, higher up the pyramid and I'm not sure if it's his agent but the transfer rumours have a lot of European links so maybe he's keen on a move across water.

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

I certainly think Everton would be a fantastic club for Aarons. Coleman is 32 now and getting towards the latter part of his Everton career I'm sure, and they've got Jonjoe Kenny who is on loan to Celtic and at 24 would probably be in the squad if he was near pushing Coleman out of the side so it is certainly like they are looking for a younger RB. 

That said, I certainly think Max is capable of playing for a bigger club, higher up the pyramid and I'm not sure if it's his agent but the transfer rumours have a lot of European links so maybe he's keen on a move across water.

His issue will be do bigger clubs need him. Right back is one position where Liverpool, Man U, Man City and Chelsea all look set for the foreseeable future. So that just leaves Spurs or Arsenal from the traditional big six, I dont see him being a Jose type and Arsenal have much bigger holes to fill unless they sell Bellerin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

His issue will be do bigger clubs need him. Right back is one position where Liverpool, Man U, Man City and Chelsea all look set for the foreseeable future. So that just leaves Spurs or Arsenal from the traditional big six, I dont see him being a Jose type and Arsenal have much bigger holes to fill unless they sell Bellerin.

It is a fair point, and when you consider the level that Trent is at Liverpool for example, Max still has a fair bit of development to do to get ahead of most players in those teams to even stand a chance. Man Utd is a the only possibility from those teams I would say, with Wan-Bissaka hardly ripping up trees, but just can't see them going for an unproven youngster as it isn't their tact. Spurs signed Doherty so can't see them after another RB. 

Edited by AJ

12 hours ago, birchfest said:

Im sure they are interested, but I think they will be one of a few clubs from across Europe. Honestly, I hope he gets his big money move to Barcelona, the way that young man has conducted himself has been outstanding. Hopefully that serves the double purpose of enough money for a good replacement and a fantastic advert for any top young players; 'Come to Norwich, we will play you and we will get you noticed by Barcelona and let you go for the right money'.

Agree with you on this although it won't be Barca anymore.... Dest is starting to show ability wide right and they found a gem in Minguesa from the Academy (he was one earmarked to be released a year ago) who is playing really well at RB since Koeman had no option but to bring him in.   

Hope we can keep Max but be surprised if he goes to Everton unless they are in the Europa League at least.