Bradwell canary

Who else would like this?

It seems the most likely to leave city in Max. If Spurs are still after him......how about a swap deal with him and Skipp?

I don’t want to see Max go, but it seems certain that he will. We don’t want to lose a player like Skipp , who in my opinion would be far more essential to us next season than Max. I believe a full back of quality is easier to find than someone to fill Skipps role. After all Lewis was not missed at all, and now seems to been on the bench permanently.

• Like 1

Webber plays hardball, but Levy plays harder I think. 

One advantage we would have is if other clubs interested in Max, so we have options. Doesn't help with the Skipp incoming though. Can't see it happening personally 

I can see another season loan for Skipp happening. Not ready for the Spurs starting 11 consistently but they will want him to have a season in the PL with someone. Knows the club, the club plays great football he excels in, will play every minute and, I assume, he likes playing for us.

Signing him? No chance. Future Spurs star, and captain.

Edited by Fiery Zac

I could imagine a scenario where Spurs attempt to sweeten a deal for Max with the offer of cash plus an additional year on loan for Skipp. But I can't imagine a scenario in which they would sell Skipp or exchange him for Max.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

I could imagine a scenario where Spurs attempt to sweeten a deal for Max with the offer of cash plus an additional year on loan for Skipp. But I can't imagine a scenario in which they would sell Skipp or exchange him for Max.

This.

Whether or not we'd accept this deal is another matter, as we'd end up without either of them next summer. But every player has a price, of course.

I don't think Aarons is going to be a Spurs player unless Mourinho gets the boot. I get the sense he doesn't want someone that short in his defence. 

There's an article published here about Spurs' transfer plans:

https://theathletic.com/2512202/?source=ukdfb

"Oliver Skipp, 20, has shone at Norwich City this season but it remains to be seen where he will be playing next season. Would he be better off at Carrow Road but playing Premier League football next season? Or better back at Spurs as an understudy to Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg? That might depend on the future of Winks, which might itself be connected to the future of Mourinho."

The conclusion is that nobody really has a clue what will happen at Spurs this season, in terms of management or players.

According to the BBC, Everton would like to sign Max but don’t want to pay £30 million asking price. Can see him fitting in there. I wonder if we’ll ask for a cash plus player deal. Anyone in the Everton squad that could fill Skipp’s place? 

21 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't think Aarons is going to be a Spurs player unless Mourinho gets the boot. I get the sense he doesn't want someone that short in his defence. 

He’s taller than Ashley Cole who Mourinho signed as a full back. The bigger barrier I think is that Max is a good few years off being the wrong side of mid twenties for Jose. You are right though, Mourinho does like tall players.

Edited by seanthecanary

20 minutes ago, ec-p said:

According to the BBC, Everton would like to sign Max but don’t want to pay £30 million asking price. Can see him fitting in there. I wonder if we’ll ask for a cash plus player deal. Anyone in the Everton squad that could fill Skipp’s place? 

Well the papers were linking Delph to a move from Everton to Spurs. Its ok I've solved it 😉 

Fabian Delph - Everton to Spurs

Ollie Skipp - Spurs to Norwich (Loan)

Max Aarons - Norwich to Everton

Jonjoe Kenny - Everton to Norwich

17 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

He’s taller than Ashley Cole who Mourinho signed as a full back. The bigger barrier I think is that Max is a good few years off being the wrong side of mid twenties for Jose. You are right though, Mourinho does like tall players.

True although Cole was the best fullback in the country at that point so he might have been more willing to make an exception. 

There is no surprise they signed Matt Doherty who is (according to google) over 6 foot. 

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

I can see another season loan for Skipp happening. Not ready for the Spurs starting 11 consistently but they will want him to have a season in the PL with someone. Knows the club, the club plays great football he excels in, will play every minute and, I assume, he likes playing for us.

Signing him? No chance. Future Spurs star, and captain.

Zac, I hope you are right. That may well be a great deal all round. Far to good to just warm the bench.

"Future Spurs star, and captain."

That is what Mourinho said. With the amount of mind games he plays I wouldn't take that too literally. I also wouldn't get too carried away.

We are approaching silly season too. So take everything with a pinch of salt. Skipp is 20. He won't be seen as a consistent starter for Spurs even next season. They have a number of CM who they would need to move on first. Paper rumours suggest they are going to be selling players to improve on their defence. That may add up with Aarons. It may be that they see offloading Skipp plus cash for Aarons strengthens a position that is somewhat problematic for them. The fact that Aarons can play at both LB and RB may well make him an attractive option.

I think it is safe to say he is well and truly on the radar of some fairly decent clubs now. If Ancelotti is interested in him, you know there will be other managers and clubs who are too.

Players have a say and I don't think Skipp would prefer a permanent move to Norwich over Tottenham, what player of his calibre would?

I have some confidence that we can ensure another loan season, but it's touch and go.

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Players have a say and I don't think Skipp would prefer a permanent move to Norwich over Tottenham, what player of his calibre would?

I have some confidence that we can ensure another loan season, but it's touch and go.

They do, but what player would prefer to sit around being 3rd or 4th choice when there is an option to go and be first choice somewhere? Even if it was a loan.

The other thing is, if Spurs tell him they don't want him, why would he stay?

There are many permutations, but like Harrison Reed before him, once he had the taste for first team action, he's going to have to get a new contract to keep him happy kicking his heels. 

No chance in a straight swap as that would equate to us spending £30 on a player. Selling Aarons alone will pay for Gibson, guannoulis with £15 left over.
In the most likely outcome the skipp stays with spurs next season, I expect a foreign signing to replace him. Most domestic prices are too high. 

17 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

On what is this confidence based? are you ITK ? Oh but you've then contradicted your comment stating 'but its touch and go'   

I look forward to you returning when the season starts, with or without Skipp here, and you saying ' I told you so!' 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

On what is this confidence based? are you ITK ? Oh but you've then contradicted your comment stating 'but its touch and go'   

I look forward to you returning when the season starts, with or without Skipp here, and you saying ' I told you so!' 

I said "some confidence." I believe that others have stated reasons why this is credible, including the fact that another season of full involvement might be better for the youngster rather than some bench warming/competition at Spurs, his progress at City and some have mentioned Mourinho's inconsistencies or even future at the club. It need not be much confidence. It need not involve being in the know as we are discussing possibilities here and involving Max Aaron's fate as well. 

It's what forum posters tend to do.

As for your last stupid remark? I'll leave others to judge that piffle for what its worth. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

Mourinho has made it clear in the past that his defensive players need to be at least 5ft 11.  He is highly unlikely to be fooled by claims that Max is 5ft 10🙄

2 hours ago, ec-p said:

Can't help but think his asking price would be a chunk more than £30m.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I said "some confidence." I believe that others have stated reasons why this is credible, including the fact that another season of full involvement might be better for the youngster rather than some bench warming/competition at Spurs, his progress at City and some have mentioned Mourinho's inconsistencies or even future at the club. It need not be much confidence. It need not involve being in the know as we are discussing possibilities here and involving Max Aaron's fate as well. 

It's what forum posters tend to do.

As for your last stupid remark? I'll leave others to judge that piffle for what its worth. 

My post speaks for itself, Yours sits on the fence and is contradictory in content.  

I was just asking where this confidence of yours came from, or is it just a gut feeling, based on what you would like to happen? 

Posting in response to yours - as you say its what forum posters tend to do - well done! 

No need to stoop that low - youre better than that im sure. 

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

My post speaks for itself, Yours sits on the fence and is contradictory in content.  

I was just asking where this confidence of yours came from, or is it just a gut feeling, based on what you would like to happen? 

Posting in response to yours - as you say its what forum posters tend to do - well done! 

No need to stoop that low - youre better than that im sure. 

Thank you!

Oh dear.

I have previously been on record as stating that I do not think that we have much chance of retaining Skipp for another season.

The points made by some of the posters on this thread (and others on the matter) which give reasons why it might be a good move for the player and for Spurs seem valid and sufficiently so to give me some (nb.) confidence that this could happen.

That's all.

I'll readily disregard the rest of your posting as you seem intent upon getting personal ... and rather silly. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Oh dear.

I have previously been on record as stating that I do not think that we have much chance of retaining Skipp for another season.

The points made by some of the posters on this thread (and others on the matter) which give reasons why it might be a good move for the player and for Spurs seem valid and sufficiently so to give me some (nb.) confidence that this could happen.

That's all.

I'll readily disregard the rest of your posting as you seem intent upon getting personal ... and rather silly. 

Love a flip flop! 

And you called my earlier comments Piffle, and think im personal and rather silly. 

Grow up. 

Thank you. 

24 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Love a flip flop! 

And you called my earlier comments Piffle, and think im personal and rather silly. 

Grow up. 

Thank you. 

People who publish their views on a public forum cannot complain when these are derided, at whatever level.

Your stuff however :-

"I look forward to you returning when the season starts, with or without Skipp here, and you saying ' I told you so!' 

"No need to stoop that low - youre (sic) better than that im (sic) sure."

"Grow up."

and a bit of the other stuff are "personal" remarks.

They never make for sensible debate.

Get it?  

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Well the papers were linking Delph to a move from Everton to Spurs. Its ok I've solved it 😉 

Fabian Delph - Everton to Spurs

Ollie Skipp - Spurs to Norwich (Loan)

Max Aarons - Norwich to Everton

Jonjoe Kenny - Everton to Norwich

Kenny to Norwich, No.     .....  Naismith, Jarvis, Jerome, and plenty others etc... all failed to get into teams in the Premier League yet we signed them.    If they are not good enough to hold down a position in the EPL, we need to be avoiding them!    

Be gutted if Max ends up at Spurs whilst Mourinho is still there.   He's a busted flush and for many years now, has a better track record of wrecking careers than making them.    Keep away from Jose, Max!    

Problem with Skipp is that we can't afford to wait around for a decision from Spurs which will likely not happen until close to the season starting, especially as they will have a number of clubs willing to take him.   So if its not done and dusted early, expect we will need to go shopping for a couple of holding midfielders.... we need quality with power, pace, athleticism and sadly Kenny and Lucas don't have those traits to be starters next season.       If we do get players in then we won't be able to take Skipp on anyway.

Despite above, probably a swap deal is more likely than a loan!       

Edited by ged in the onion bag

26 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Kenny to Norwich, No.     .....  Naismith, Jarvis, Jerome, and plenty others etc... all failed to get into teams in the Premier League yet we signed them.    If they are not good enough to hold down a position in the EPL, we need to be avoiding them!    

Not sure i fully get that point to be honest. I tell you someone who failed to hold down a regular starting position at a premier league club, Grant Hanley. Ben Gibson couldnt get in the Burnley side leading to a fall out with the manager. A certain Kieran Dowell was signed from a premier league side he couldn't get into.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

People who publish their views on a public forum cannot complain when these are derided, at whatever level.

Your stuff however :-

"I look forward to you returning when the season starts, with or without Skipp here, and you saying ' I told you so!' 

"No need to stoop that low - youre (sic) better than that im (sic) sure."

"Grow up."

and a bit of the other stuff are "personal" remarks.

They never make for sensible debate.

Get it?  

Whatever suits your agenda. 

Ill post what i like, if thats ok with you. 

Thank you.