Fiery Zac

Savage/606/Aguero

Anyone listen at the weekend? Entertaining exchange between Savage and a caller, Jill. Talked about how revered he is amongst city fans due to his substitution a decade ago where he saluted all four corners of the ground and made a speech about how far away Norwich is from the rest of the world and football should be banned here, before finally leaving the pitch...and then we know what happened. He took it well and claimed our revolution all began with him getting us promoted.

He then ruined it all by refusing to apologise for saying he doesn’t want Norwich in the PL because it’s too far for him to travel. Credited our fantastic setup and good football (though bet he’s barely watched us this season) but doesn’t want the hassle of coming to Norwich!

Its a weird dynamic between him and Sutton and the show is played too much for laughs but it feels like a guilty pleasure as I find it entertaining and do keep tuning in. Helps Sutton likes us and is always very complimentary about the club and the whole area.

Also great last call claiming Aguero was in the fine city last weekend and that we’d be a great club for him to move to for the next stage of his career 😀 I’m sure Pep would put in a good word.

The Norwich love-in has begun.

Edited by Fiery Zac

Did anyone mention (from the Huddersfield game) how much Lee Hendrie enjoyed the night, despite the long drive over?

Savage just wants to stay relevant, hence his comments. It's a low bar he sets

Mind you on other football shows, the likes of Lineker/Shearer/Bullard are due a rest also

Lee Hendrie was a surprisingly good co commentator. Informative, knowledgeable and engaging, helped by the fact he was describing one of the best performances of a city side ever.

Hendrix has been complimentary about us for ages, when the other pundits were banging on about Brentford he was still saying we were the best team in the league 

13 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Hendrix has been complimentary about us for ages, when the other pundits were banging on about Brentford he was still saying we were the best team in the league 

Jimi? I thought he'd been quiet for a while now.

• Haha 1

Aguero to Norwich?   Fanciful, maybe, but such is the reputation of what we are doing here, it would be no surprise if a big name player decided to come to Norwich - on the strength of the football we play.  Money is a big factor and big players might want lots of money, but if they are into good football and maybe money has become less of a factor for them, then I can see a player big coming here, either on loan or buying outright. 

A Man City player would be ideal, the connection between Farke and Guardiola a good one, so why not?  We have an excellent squad and won't imo sell more than one or two at the most of the key players - and if we did get a name player which showed our intent, it would maybe encourage some who might otherwise want away, to stay.   

Aguero alongside Pukki, supplied by Emi and Cantwell?  Champions league, here we come! 😀

I can see Aguero staying in the PL, 4th on all time list of scorers and could easily get to 2nd with another decent season and a half.

But with Chelsea, Spurs and the mighty Leeds interested, he won’t be coming to us. Actually even if there was no other interest he wouldn’t be coming here. Can’t offer him anywhere near a salary he would accept and we’re simply not elite enough, or sentimental enough for him to accept a reduced wage.

40 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

I can see Aguero staying in the PL, 4th on all time list of scorers and could easily get to 2nd with another decent season and a half.

But with Chelsea, Spurs and the mighty Leeds interested, he won’t be coming to us. Actually even if there was no other interest he wouldn’t be coming here. Can’t offer him anywhere near a salary he would accept and we’re simply not elite enough, or sentimental enough for him to accept a reduced wage.

That world famous club down the road can probably afford him now.👍

• Haha 2

I've stopped listening to 606, Talksport and nearly all football based talk shows because of the quality of presenters.

The one I used to watched religiously is another I'll now stop watching and that's Football Focus, I see today that Alex Scott has the job from Dan Walker and I can't watch her without screaming at the telly.....not because she's a woman, because she talks absolute nonsense and anyone who calls MK Dons Milton Keynes clearly isn't knowledgeable.

I do like Quest and I quite enjoy the sky pundits on championship games but won't enjoy Carragher in the PL.

And for anyone about to jump on the Alex Scott is a female, sexist, sexist, sexist speech, I enjoy listening to Gabby Yorath, Kelly Cates and Clare Balding.

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I've stopped listening to 606, Talksport and nearly all football based talk shows because of the quality of presenters.

The one I used to watched religiously is another I'll now stop watching and that's Football Focus, I see today that Alex Scott has the job from Dan Walker and I can't watch her without screaming at the telly.....not because she's a woman, because she talks absolute nonsense and anyone who calls MK Dons Milton Keynes clearly isn't knowledgeable.

I do like Quest and I quite enjoy the sky pundits on championship games but won't enjoy Carragher in the PL.

And for anyone about to jump on the Alex Scott is a female, sexist, sexist, sexist speech, I enjoy listening to Gabby Yorath, Kelly Cates and Clare Balding.

Ha! Please please also say “Some of my best girlfriends are women”😉

Don’t worry Rich T, just hob-nobbin’ around😆

Apparently Savage said he would close his curtains if we were playing in his garden yet Guardiola has stated that he loves to watch us play. 

The days of City picking up aging stars like Osgood, Royle, Chivers, Peters and Channon seem long gone now.

Dieumerci Mbokani (I loved him) seems to be the limit of our aspirations in this respect  nowadays.

They usually seem to prefer going to America, and perhaps bigger money and sunnier climes.

Some think China as it pays well and they've become addicted to soy sauce.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Aguero alongside Pukki, supplied by Emi and Cantwell?  Champions league, here we come! 😀

Two up front? Have you been watching for the last 4 seasons? 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

Ha! Please please also say “Some of my best girlfriends are women”😉

Don’t worry Rich T, just hob-nobbin’ around😆

It's 2021 GA47, there are no such things as girlfriends or boyfriends anymore, just friends 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Alex Scott is more annoying than Carragher. She's single handedly crushing the argument for womens equality.

On the other hand, she has proved that a female football pundit can be just as stupid as a male.

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Alex Scott is more annoying than Carragher. She's single handedly crushing the argument for womens equality.

On the other hand, she has proved that a female football pundit can be just as stupid as a male.

Alex Scott isn't my favourite pundit, but she's better than half the usual crew on Soccer Saturday, for example. Paul Merson and Clinton Morrison can barely string a sentence together, and Tony Cottee, Glen Johnson and Jamie Mackie aren't much better in that regard.

52 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

It's 2021 GA47, there are no such things as girlfriends or boyfriends anymore, just friends 😬

Or FWBs?

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Aguero to Norwich?   Fanciful, maybe, but such is the reputation of what we are doing here, it would be no surprise if a big name player decided to come to Norwich - on the strength of the football we play.  Money is a big factor and big players might want lots of money, but if they are into good football and maybe money has become less of a factor for them, then I can see a player big coming here, either on loan or buying outright. 

A Man City player would be ideal, the connection between Farke and Guardiola a good one, so why not?  We have an excellent squad and won't imo sell more than one or two at the most of the key players - and if we did get a name player which showed our intent, it would maybe encourage some who might otherwise want away, to stay.   

20210414_172552.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Didn’t complain when came to Carrow Road for a night to talk a load of rubbish.Then go back to the Midlands with his money 

8 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Did anyone mention (from the Huddersfield game) how much Lee Hendrie enjoyed the night, despite the long drive over?

Savage just wants to stay relevant, hence his comments. It's a low bar he sets

Mind you on other football shows, the likes of Lineker/Shearer/Bullard are due a rest also

Lee Hendries commentary was the stuff of legend . “I had to put the microphone down and applaud that “ 

Very enjoyable. Much better than Don C0ckman who presumably is still trying to find a way to say all of Watford’s recent success is down to Troy Deaney 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Alex Scott isn't my favourite pundit, but she's better than half the usual crew on Soccer Saturday, for example. Paul Merson and Clinton Morrison can barely string a sentence together, and Tony Cottee, Glen Johnson and Jamie Mackie aren't much better in that regard.

I'm afraid that's not good enough. It's a bit like saying that we should be happy with Johnson because he's better than Corbyn. The standard of TV pundits is awful. They don't even understand zonal marking and worse still they don't attempt to find out why virtually every club in the Premier League uses it.

The only pundit who has told me something I didn't already know is Jose Mourinho when he was between jobs. But it has to be said that Alex Scott is right at the bottom of the pile with Paul Merson.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

20210414_172552.jpg

It would be “no surprise”  if Augero joined Norwich?  . I think it might be a slight surprise in some quarters? Like the biggest surprise in the history of football ever ?  
Are we feeling a bit left out that Cambridge is stealing  your thunder Lakey ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Two up front? Have you been watching for the last 4 seasons? 🤣🤣🤣

The formation was the bit you decided to question of that rubbish?!?!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The standard of TV pundits is awful. 

Could have left it there Dylan . I’d add “unnecessary” in there too.

I can’t see the point in inarticulate people talking for a living , on any subject . Merson is still up there as one of the worst - but Clinton Morrison is catching up quickly .  

10 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

The formation was the bit you decided to question of that rubbish?!?!

I find it’s better to cut out the waffle and just read the end of Lakey’s posts 🤣

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm afraid that's not good enough. It's a bit like saying that we should be happy with Johnson because he's better than Corbyn. The standard of TV pundits is awful. They don't even understand zonal marking and worse still they don't attempt to find out why virtually every club in the Premier League uses it.

I know, I agree with you. I really don't know why on earth Sky kept Merson last summer when they binned off the rest as he's the worst of the lot. He doesn't have a clue what's going on half the time, doesn't appear to do any research and he can't string a coherent sentence together. But he's a laugh and a court jester, so he gets on.

As for the likes of Morrison and some of the other new ones, surely there has to be a minimum standard of English to be a TV pundit? It's not acceptable for a cricket pundit or commentator, so why should football pundits have such a low threshold?

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Robbie Savage's son Charlie who's just signed a pro contract with Man Utd came to Norwich on loan?.....

I’m probably alone in this but.........I like Robbie Savage!

He is great at playing the pantomime villain and most the time he is just trying to deliberately wind people up and cause some controversy/debate (something lots of posters on here do as well!).

I see him more as an entertainer rather than a ‘serious’ sports journalist.

also he use to be great on the podcast with flintoff and the ping pong guy.... on that he showed a genuine love for the game, appreciation of the great life it has given him.

• Like 1

Stopped listening to 606 ages ago, Savage is not a thinking man, all of his opinions are superficial, he makes sensationalist points to get attention, there's never any depth to any of his arguments, and whenever he's called out or challenged, he resorts to childish insults and deflection. He's just like Piers Morgan. People like Savage are why football podcasts, live streams and fan channels are growing.