Sign in to follow this  
CirclePoint

I believe we're promoted..are we not?

With Swansea 15 points back and only 5 games remaining, they would have to win all of their remaining games and we would have to lose all of our remaining games for them to catch us. Plus, Swansea would have to score 19 goals in those remaining games to climb ahead of us.

Am I missing something, or are we (technically) promoted?

For us to lose we’d be at least -5 goal difference so Swansea would need to win at an average of 2 plus a game to catch us. They still have Watford to play last game so they will be doing everything to catch them to make it a big game. Don’t think we need to worry too much as I believe we’ll beat Bournemouth at the weekend.

That said a heavy loss to both Bournemouth and then Watford would set so,e people’s nerves twitching.....😉

10 minutes ago, My spoon is too big! said:

Also, Swansea have a game in hand still. So if they got to 90pts, overcame our +20 goal difference, AND we failed to win another point this season then we're in trouble.

Swansea just played their game in hand. 

If we lose our last five 2-0 and they win there last five 2-0 then they will finish ahead of us. 

I dont think that will happen 🤣🤣🤣

Yes CP - you are right but as Brian Cox (Prof) would point out........ no matter how fantastical it may seem..... we still need 2 more points. Even if the odds are 1m to one. Or we wait for the melee of 12:30 this weekend whereby we get promoted without kicking a ball.

It's still just possible for Swansea & Brentford to get the top 2 spots !

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

If we lose our last five 2-0 and they win there last five 2-0 then they will finish ahead of us. 

Damn you Klose. I was pretty comfortable that we were destined to go up..... now you've got me worried 😂😂

Just now, Sooty57 said:

Damn you Klose. I was pretty comfortable that we were destined to go up..... now you've got me worried 😂😂

If a side who's lost 5 in 41 were to lose 5 in 5 I'd pretty suprise. We are up, let's all chill 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Indy said:

For us to lose we’d be at least -5 goal difference so Swansea would need to win at an average of 2 plus a game to catch us. They still have Watford to play last game so they will be doing everything to catch them to make it a big game. Don’t think we need to worry too much as I believe we’ll beat Bournemouth at the weekend.

That said a heavy loss to both Bournemouth and then Watford would set so,e people’s nerves twitching.....😉

Judging from some of the trouser-filling posts on here when we have the temerity to just draw a match, it wouldn't just be their nerves twitching...

For Swansea to finish above us now they would have to win all their remaining games, we would have lose all remaining games, and they would end the season with a superior goal difference to us, as they are now on 75pts with 5 games left and can still finish on our current tally of 90. So all Swansea need is to drop points or us to gain a point in the remaining games and they will be mathematically out of the title, although I can’t see how anyone could still believe they would win it

Brentford can still finish on 91 though, which is why we still need 2pts for promotion. So victory over Bournemouth or Brentford dropping points will seal automatic promotion for us, as only Watford would still be able to finish above us. Swansea and Brentford would still be able to get automatic promotion, it’s just I can’t see any chance of it happening unless they win their next two games, their games against Watford, and Watford lose to both Luton and us

57 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

With Swansea 15 points back and only 5 games remaining, they would have to win all of their remaining games and we would have to lose all of our remaining games for them to catch us. Plus, Swansea would have to score 19 goals in those remaining games to climb ahead of us.

Am I missing something, or are we (technically) promoted?

You are missing Brentford . And the fact that Swansea can go above us on goal difference. Otherwise you’re spot on . 

36 minutes ago, K Lo said:

It's still just possible for Swansea & Brentford to get the top 2 spots !

You are perfectly correct - 2 points from 5 games. Chances?? Love this !!!