Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

VOTE DIANE !

14 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

They tapped into a massive potential following and have built themselves a brand that has then connected thousands of City fans at a time when we're feeling separated from our club. I don't doubt that the other finalists were worthy but the TNC boys have been a major highlight of the last year for me.

It was a shortlist where you can make legitimate arguments for each of the nominated fans. Congratulations to the TNC boys, who have done very impressive things, but I hope the other nominees are rightly proud of their incredible efforts, made even more impressive in the circumstances in which we live. 

15 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

and have built themselves a brand 

Possibly it's that which some people object to. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, congratulations to the Reeve Brothers and their generosity in allowing the gallant runners up to enjoy the VIP experience. 

21 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

They tapped into a massive potential following and have built themselves a brand that has then connected thousands of City fans at a time when we're feeling separated from our club. I don't doubt that the other finalists were worthy but the TNC boys have been a major highlight of the last year for me.

And been paid for it, is my point.

If the award had been for business of the year, pluggers of cider for the year or smug face of the year (Chris) then hands down the boys should win. 

It was Fan of the year, people who individually and out of the limelight go the extra mile for the club and community. When you have your own channel and everyone under 15 voting for you it’s not really a contest.

• Like 3

Oh joy, they won, now they'll be even more smug than they already are with their "title". What a joke. 

• Like 1

Award went as expected, but Diane is still the Pinkun fan of the season in my eyes. 

Well done on being nominated, not many can claim that. 

4 hours ago, WD40 said:

And been paid for it, is my point.

But not by the club. They've found something they're passionate about, built a base giving people content they want to consume, monetised it well so they can continue to do it and feed it and will, I imagine, eventually be able to give up their actual jobs to commit to something they love and make a living from it. Why the disparaging comments, looking down on them etc? We should all be so lucky to make money off something we love. A lot of miserable sods on this forum who can't bring themselves to celebrate any kind of success which *shock horror* may result in some financial gain.

18 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

But not by the club. They've found something they're passionate about, built a base giving people content they want to consume, monetised it well so they can continue to do it and feed it and will, I imagine, eventually be able to give up their actual jobs to commit to something they love and make a living from it. Why the disparaging comments, looking down on them etc? We should all be so lucky to make money off something we love. A lot of miserable sods on this forum who can't bring themselves to celebrate any kind of success which *shock horror* may result in some financial gain.

Not sure the relevance of the club paying them or not. As I’ve said earlier in this thread I’m a capitalist believe me, and think it’s great what they’ve created. But do they also need to be crowned fans of the season? The point of this whole thread is about the voting for fan of the season not saying TNC don’t have a place. As a commercial venture are they really in the spirit of the award. 

They raised about £24k for the Big C in the last week, cut them some slack. The watchalongs aren't my cup of tea, but they've clearly got the best interests of the club at heart and donated their prize to the other two nominees. Let's not try to make out they're some kind of plastics making a quick buck by selling half-and-half scarves on Carrow Bridge.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

They raised about £24k for the Big C in the last week, cut them some slack. The watchalongs aren't my cup of tea, but they've clearly got the best interests of the club at heart and donated their prize to the other two nominees. Let's not try to make out they're some kind of plastics making a quick buck by selling half-and-half scarves on Carrow Bridge.

Wolflie, ive been critical of them and their fan of the season nomination & subsequent win. And I still maintain that stance. 

However whikst I absolutely take my hat off to them for what they do, (not that it's my thing) and especially their recent fund raising. The problem I have had is their qualification for the award of FAN (singular) of the season.  It's not social content of the season, or charity fund raiser of the season etc. That's what I have a problem with personally. 

7 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Wolflie, ive been critical of them and their fan of the season nomination & subsequent win. And I still maintain that stance. 

However whikst I absolutely take my hat off to them for what they do, (not that it's my thing) and especially their recent fund raising. The problem I have had is their qualification for the award of FAN (singular) of the season.  It's not social content of the season, or charity fund raiser of the season etc. That's what I have a problem with personally. 

First World problem  that is.

This seems to be a thread of people getting angry about plurals and championing Diane's incredible work whilst not being very charitable themselves. So what if there's two of them? I feel like this whole thread started with good intentions but has become less and less in the spirit of community as it has progressed. The people most deserving do not always get what they deserve, which is why we need community and togetherness. What we don't need is to get all hot under the collar about who wins recognition.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Hi Greavsy, as you've brought up fundraising, I was just wondering if you were willing to retract the disgraceful slurs you aimed at my Dad and apologise?

Have a lovely extended weekend. 

10 hours ago, Greavsy said:

That wasn't aimed specifically at you, Greavsy. I agree that either Diane or the young disabled lad would have been much more worthy winners, but just trying to offer a sense of perspective as I think some of the criticism is a bit OTT (again, not you personally).

• Thanks 1

Listen. Me and Mrs Beard appear on the City View video for the Bournemouth game . Only real fans went to the ground to celebrate.

That makes me unquestionably the greatest fan NCFC have ever had . Well, me and the lads with the Green Flare . 

And I went the the Millwall game when we lost 4.1 . 

Can’t believe I wasn’t shortlisted.

• Haha 1