Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

VOTE DIANE !

Recommended Posts

Already done mine for Diane too. 

Which part of FAN (singular) do they not understand with TNC being nominated? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What is all this lobbying?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diane for me too. The hours spent organising and attending events over many years should be recognised.

I know it's not all about fund-raising etc but I am not sure why the TNC nomination made the shortlist? It seems like either making up the numbers or populism and I worry that unsung efforts will be overlooked by their inclusion

Maybe it's just me being a grumpy old git but I don't get it and the blurb doesn't make it any clearer for me either.

 image.png.4b1b75e53a86b9d43ad2d2250c8f80fb.png

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Diane for me too. The hours spent organising and attending events over many years should be recognised.

I know it's not all about fund-raising etc but I am not sure why the TNC nomination made the shortlist? It seems like either making up the numbers or populism and I worry that unsung efforts will be overlooked by their inclusion

Maybe it's just me being a grumpy old git but I don't get it and the blurb doesn't make it any clearer for me either.

 image.png.4b1b75e53a86b9d43ad2d2250c8f80fb.png

 

 

Totally agree, as per my earlier comment, it's FAN of the season. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I know it's not all about fund-raising etc but I am not sure why the TNC nomination made the shortlist? It seems like either making up the numbers or populism and I worry that unsung efforts will be overlooked by their inclusion

Maybe it's just me being a grumpy old git but I don't get it and the blurb doesn't make it any clearer for me either.

 image.png.4b1b75e53a86b9d43ad2d2250c8f80fb.png

 

 

TNC have been asking their followers across YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook to nominate and vote for them. They are raising money for the Big C charity, but for me it does feel like an after thought. Primarily they’re about building a large following and reaping the financial rewards through the large number of sponsorships they have on their channel. E.g. they can’t go a minute without mentioning Lacons Beer which sponsor them, or the latest is Five Yards. They’re constantly flogging or promoting something.

So - yes - all that is to say Diane is absolutely more deserving in my opinion who does more with a smaller platform. Charity is at the heart rather than an after thought. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMHO I think the club have got this one wrong with them being nominees. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WD40 said:

TNC have been asking their followers across YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook to nominate and vote for them. They are raising money for the Big C charity, but for me it does feel like an after thought. Primarily they’re about building a large following and reaping the financial rewards through the large number of sponsorships they have on their channel. E.g. they can’t go a minute without mentioning Lacons Beer which sponsor them, or the latest is Five Yards. They’re constantly flogging or promoting something.

So - yes - all that is to say Diane is absolutely more deserving in my opinion who does more with a smaller platform. Charity is at the heart rather than an after thought. 

I must admit, when I have seen stills of them, there seems to be bottles of some beer or other being chugged.

This was my understanding of a YT channel - it isn't primarily for fun or provide a service - it's to make money.

Given what you say about followers across platforms, I feel an online vote for FOTS will sadly only go one way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

IMHO I think the club have got this one wrong with them being nominees. 

 

I was then going to type a similar thing but don't wish to sound churlish given there is now an element of fundraising.

Without escalating this far too quickly, too soon, use of social media to generate a populism-based following is how we end up with certain Presidents/Prime Ministers who are potentially not as worthy as other candidates. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I must admit, when I have seen stills of them, there seems to be bottles of some beer or other being chugged.

This was my understanding of a YT channel - it isn't primarily for fun or provide a service - it's to make money.

Given what you say about followers across platforms, I feel an online vote for FOTS will sadly only go one way.

They can dress it up how they like, but it’s all about making money. And there’s money to be made. Chris Reeve loves all that. 

The club should curate the shortlist if they’re going to have a public vote, else it can be manipulated like this.

Its the same as how Skipp may very well win our POTS if all the spurs fans pile in!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think people are being a bit cynical about Jack and Chris. Yes they have sponsors on the channel but it never started for commercial reasons and I believe they are still genuine to their initial purpose.

A lot of time and effort has gone into getting the channel to where it is including a lot of critics and trolls trying to belittle them and what they are doing.

They are still very responsive to their subscribers, championing mental health on numerous occasions and provided some excellent content on top of the live streams at a time where it's been needed.

Since both work other jobs I'm confident they aren't in it for the money, perhaps they want it to be a full time gig so obviously need to grow the platform so that they can do that and still support themselves.

They have brought a lot of people together through their watchalongs and have been fairly humble the whole way.

Personally think the kid probably deserves to win most but all 3 are good nominees.

Edited by Tetteys Jig
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is hypocritical for us to champion someone on here, but complain that others are using their platforms to canvass votes for other nominees. 

The problem I have is its a FAN (singular) not FANS, or organization of the season. It's just not a level playing field. Just my view but don't want to  be a miserablist. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really honoured to be in top 3 for the Michelle Dack ''fan of the season''  award for my NCFC Fans Social Club work which wouldn't be possible without my brilliant volunteers team.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support, it means the world to me.

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voted for Diane, but the young lad Liamm has done brilliantly too, difficult choice.  As for the other two, have to agree with what others have said it's called "Fan" of the year, not "Fans". 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Voted for Diane, but the young lad Liamm has done brilliantly too, difficult choice.  As for the other two, have to agree with what others have said it's called "Fan" of the year, not "Fans". 

Agreed, shame they don't have a young fan of the year, and a.......

Oh I best leave that there before Diane gives me a clout next time I see her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not too sure why the idea of having 'fans' of the year is such a big deal. From what I gather, the TNC podcast seems to be a joint effort and I'm sure Jack would feel uncomfortable getting all the credit.

In relation to the nomination, I'm not surprised. They've raised £3500 for the Big C cancer charity this season and, reading the comments, the watchalongs have provided quite a few people who have suffered during the pandemic with something to look forward to. Any listeners may have noticed that Jack follows up with anyone who says that they've 'struggled' with a pm.

They get 1.5k+ attending the games and the Derby game got 14k views in total. They must be doing something right, considering it is essentially watching two guys watching a football game, who are 1 minute behind everyone else!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yellow and Green said:

I'm not too sure why the idea of having 'fans' of the year is such a big deal. From what I gather, the TNC podcast seems to be a joint effort and I'm sure Jack would feel uncomfortable getting all the credit.

In relation to the nomination, I'm not surprised. They've raised £3500 for the Big C cancer charity this season and, reading the comments, the watchalongs have provided quite a few people who have suffered during the pandemic with something to look forward to. Any listeners may have noticed that Jack follows up with anyone who says that they've 'struggled' with a pm.

They get 1.5k+ attending the games and the Derby game got 14k views in total. They must be doing something right, considering it is essentially watching two guys watching a football game, who are 1 minute behind everyone else!

Because the award is FAN of the year. 

No one has denied what tnc have done is good, and fair play to them, of course, but its almost a business, not like the other two nominations.

Diane has always said, and repeated in this thread,  that her events are a team effort. 

Its just inconsistent.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the nominees are certainly worthy in their own right. 
 

Personally, I’ve voted for the little lad as I’m sure that he would appreciate it and treasure the memory the most. 
 

Where I’m slightly confused is that the TNC boys are dismissed because it’s “Fan” rather than “Fans” of the season, yet as Diane has magnanimously cited already, she has a fantastic supporting cast helping her. All those folk give up their time alongside her to provide the brilliant Social interaction that the Social Club provides, so it seems a bit “off” to dismiss TNC for multiple input when that is the very intention and ethos of the Fans Social Club. 
 

Anyway, I’d have no issue with any of the nominees winning, they’ve all done their part in complicated times. Good luck to all, my main concern is that Emiliano Buendia finds his name on the Barry Butler. 
 

Good luck to Liam, Diane and the Reeves. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look forward to Stuart Webber & Daniel Farke being nominated for manager of the month / season, following this logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted the young lad, although I feel Diane is a very worthy nomination.

The Reeves are a worthy nomination, imo. The watch alongs they do are great and they've raised money for a worthy cause. They have also made money for themselves though. They have a ko-fi page, they accept super chats (£5 to highlight your message and get it read out) and are sponsored. If this money goes straight to charity then I apologise - but I don't think it does. For that reason, I would place them a fairly distant third, but congratulations to them nonetheless.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you pop over to the TNC instagram page this morning you’ll see the boys reposting all the people that have said they’re voting for them as fans of the season, including Simon Thomas posting about this (image below).

You could argue its hypocritical to decry this and then lobby votes on the pinkun or amongst your friends, but the level of the platforms and reach we’re talking about here are vastly different surely. 

My main gripe with this is the lads are being paid for this. I totally agree they are doing a great job, the watchalongs give fans as much of a stadium like experience in the climate, and a lot of interesting content. That they get paid for. 
 

Believe me, I’m a true capitalist. I have no problem with them making that money at all. Is it right they also get a trophy at the end of the season to pat them on the back?

47AED840-29C8-496D-8542-060016F5BB91.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day, despite what all your opinions are, it's going to be a democratic vote and the person/people with the most votes will win.  If the TNC boys win, then fair enough, enough people have thought them worthy of it.

Personally I've voted for the young chap Liam, I can only begin to imagine how happy he would be winning it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...