Really ? The club are going full on David Cameron because it will make it easier to get Skipp back next season ? If it was that easy then I’m voting for Messi ! 

16 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Think it’s interesting to ‘use’ the vote in the way that Farke-Webber might do. In effect - what does the club ‘gain’ most from?

For that reason anything that encourages Skipp to stay next season is worth throwing into the pot.

If it is simply ‘who is the best player?’ then Emi should win every year, every month, every day.

For me then:

1. Skipp (stay)

2. Emi (Best and been brilliant anyway)

3. Grizzly (Engine for Champs success) 

If there was any other award I’d also like to send ‘love’ to Todd (needs it)

Parma 

Youd hope the club would be honest enough to not put it to a public vote and then rig the result for whatever minor benefit it might bring.

Also, there were rumours thats what we did with Lee Croft and he still ****ed off.

It genuinely feels a bit weird to be voting for player of the season when I think the key to our success has been the performance of the team as  a whole. Certainly rare that there are so many real genuine contenders - including Buendia, Skipp, Hanley, Aarons, Cantwell, Pukki etc.

Buendia will be getting my vote not really because I think none of the others deserve it but more because it would be a real shame if a player of his unbelievable skill and ability ends up leaving the club without having been named POTS at some point (although I still live in the hope he may still have a couple more seasons with us)

24 minutes ago, king canary said:

Youd hope the club would be honest enough to not put it to a public vote and then rig the result for whatever minor benefit it might bring.

Also, there were rumours thats what we did with Lee Croft and he still ****ed off.

Didn't Marshall leave on a Bosman just after being voted POTS as well? Maybe winning the award just makes them think they're too good for us and they **** off.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Didn't Marshall leave on a Bosman just after being voted POTS as well? Maybe winning the award just makes them think they're too good for us and they **** off.

Wasnt there a year where Carlo Nash came out on top, one of Hughtons years here. But they basically ignored his votes.

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

And he left on a free that summer too!

There's a theme developing here...

Without meaning to create a conspriciy theory, Dion retired the season he won...

Didn’t Johnson and Howson leave the seasons they won it too? And Wes, and Maddison..

In that case, I vote for Drmic.

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There could be half a dozen contenders. Skipp is obvious, less so Hanley but good to see the recognition he is getting for a brilliant defensive season. Pukki and Cantwell have been top performers, likewise Max. Kenny has been consistently running the midfield with Skipp.

Emi should win it.

19 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

You don’t need a season ticket number, Spurs fans will be all over this

Well, that's odd as I had to give my Supporter Number to be able to vote???

12 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

Well, that's odd as I had to give my Supporter Number to be able to vote???

when I done mine - it asked for name and email address, then if your supporter number, if you have one. 

However if you clicked no it asked for the following 

POTS.PNG

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

when I done mine - it asked for name and email address, then if your supporter number, if you have one. 

However if you clicked no it asked for the following 

POTS.PNG

Aha - thanks for that - I, obviously, entered my Supporter Number so wasn't aware that you could still vote if you didn't have one.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

Aha - thanks for that - I, obviously, entered my Supporter Number so wasn't aware that you could still vote if you didn't have one.

Nowt to stop you voting again, not that I would encourage such behavior 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Nowt to stop you voting again, not that I would encourage such behavior 

Haha - come to think of it my dog doesn't have a Supporter Number...........

Does he have an offshore bank account ? He's in! (especially if he wishes to invest!)  

16 hours ago, Move Klose said:

If it's not Emi then I dont know what people have been watching.

I've been watching the team's defensive deficiency be pretty much single-handedly resolved by a 20 year old in his first full season as a first team player. Emi has been immense, but Skipp has been the missing piece of the jigsaw.

5 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Think it’s interesting to ‘use’ the vote in the way that Farke-Webber might do. In effect - what does the club ‘gain’ most from?

For that reason anything that encourages Skipp to stay next season is worth throwing into the pot.

If it is simply ‘who is the best player?’ then Emi should win every year, every month, every day.

For me then:

1. Skipp (stay)

Parma 

I don't think you can objectively say that Emi is 'best'. It's difficult to compare an AM with a DM. I believe Skipp has been more integral to our success.

If you could somehow measure goals that we would have, but didn't, concede then Oli's contribution would be telling. However, his ability on the ball, receiving and retaining possession under heavy pressure has been just as important.

40 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I've been watching the team's defensive deficiency be pretty much single-handedly resolved by a 20 year old in his first full season as a first team player. 

I notice people refer to Skipp's age and career experience quite a bit. 

It's like he gets bonus points for it. 

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

I've been watching the team's defensive deficiency be pretty much single-handedly resolved by a 20 year old in his first full season as a first team player. Emi has been immense, but Skipp has been the missing piece of the jigsaw.

I don't think you can objectively say that Emi is 'best'. It's difficult to compare an AM with a DM. I believe Skipp has been more integral to our success.

If you could somehow measure goals that we would have, but didn't, concede then Oli's contribution would be telling. However, his ability on the ball, receiving and retaining possession under heavy pressure has been just as important.

I disagree. IMO the changes to the overall style of play account for our improved defensive record more so than the sole inclusion of Skipp. 

We do not throw caution to the wind anything like we did in 2018/19, we play a high press / high tempo for the opening phases, get a goal or two up and then manage things with a slower tempo possession game. 

I don't think our problems in the past necessarily were solely with the personnel, although Skipp is clearly an upgrade, more that our style of play lent itself to a defence at sea.

Whereas this season all our defensive players look so competent - Hanley, Aarons, Gibson, Giannoulis and even the absolute newbies like Omobamidele and Sorenson at left back - is this just because of Skipp or because the whole style from top to bottom accommodates the defensive players in a better way?

Of course Skipp is undoubtedly still a key component in our improvement at the back, and the best of the 6 defensive players we've got in the first 11. 

However I don't believe for one second that the inclusion of Skipp in 18/19 or 19/20 would've suddenly made us as defensively sound as we are now - which appears to be what you are suggesting if you think he 'pretty much single-handedly' resolved our defence?

Unfortunately we have not had the 'benefit' of any run of games without Skipp this season which would give us a better idea on the above. However the impression I get is that this Norwich team without Skipp would be more successful than this Norwich team without Buendia (1 win in 7 this season, 2 in 16 overall for the champs). But I do like a Norwich team with both best. 😄 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

7 hours ago,  Parma Ham's gone mouldy said: 

For that reason anything that encourages Skipp to stay next season is worth throwing into the pot.

For me then:

1. Skipp (stay)

Parma 

Post Script: Just to be clear @Petriix I agree with you that Skipp has been a fundamentally-important ‘mechanical missing part’ that has played huge part in resolving structural weaknesses in several connecting areas.

Anything that encourages him to stay - even a POTS vote - is a reflection of that which you identify.

The addition of a Ball-playing, focused, defensively-sound left-footed, left-sided central defender with a nice diagonal and an eye for a good vertical pass into midfield feet - and a point to prove - is a definite benefit too....👌

...and there‘s more...🤗

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 1

Hardest choice in any years of voting for me.

previous years have been easyish, good teams but always seemed to have one player stand out that bit more than others. But not this year.

Gibson , skipp , Emi, Pukki, Hanley,  in no real order. All have made this years such a success but just and I do mean just little Emi just shades it for me .

Just.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I disagree. IMO the changes to the overall style of play account for our improved defensive record more so than the sole inclusion of Skipp. 

We do not throw caution to the wind anything like we did in 2018/19, we play a high press / high tempo for the opening phases, get a goal or two up and then manage things with a slower tempo possession game. 

I don't think our problems in the past necessarily were solely with the personnel, although Skipp is clearly an upgrade, more that our style of play lent itself to a defence at sea.

Whereas this season all our defensive players look so competent - Hanley, Aarons, Gibson, Giannoulis and even the absolute newbies like Omobamidele and Sorenson at left back - is this just because of Skipp or because the whole style from top to bottom accommodates the defensive players in a better way?

Of course Skipp is undoubtedly still a key component in our improvement at the back, and the best of the 6 defensive players we've got in the first 11. 

However I don't believe for one second that the inclusion of Skipp in 18/19 or 19/20 would've suddenly made us as defensively sound as we are now - which appears to be what you are suggesting if you think he 'pretty much single-handedly' resolved our defence?

Unfortunately we have not had the 'benefit' of any run of games without Skipp this season which would give us a better idea on the above. However the impression I get is that this Norwich team without Skipp would be more successful than this Norwich team without Buendia (1 win in 7 this season, 2 in 16 overall for the champs). But I do like a Norwich team with both best. 😄 

My comment did have more than a whiff of hyperbole. I agree that the system has fundamentally changed for the better. However, I've witnessed Skipp make so many telling covering runs when other players (especially the fullbacks) are caught out of position. His awareness, positioning and anticipation have absolutely astounded me at times. In comparison to Tettey, Trybull, Leitner and even McLean (who has massively improved himself), Skipp is on another level to any DM I've seen play for Norwich.

I genuinely believe Skipp has been (very slightly) more integral than Emi in our overall success. I just think that his contribution is less overtly obvious because there is no simple way to measure it.

4 hours ago, GJP said:

I notice people refer to Skipp's age and career experience quite a bit. 

It's like he gets bonus points for it. 

Yes, he *does* get bonus points for being so mature as a footballer at such a young age. Imagine how good he's going to get with a few years of Premier League experience. Compare him to any of the DMs in the England team over the past decade or so, Skipp has some really rare attributes for someone of his age.

I mean, he has come into a pretty nice setup. He plays in a team which is stronger in most positions than every opponent they come up against. He's also playing in a team that is very good at keeping the ball.

He's been brilliant for us but I would say his contribution is quite obvious. 

10 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

Emi

Teemu

Skipp

Spot on.

• Like 1